The word “either” is used with a negative verb (e.g. My mother doesn’t have a job, and  ( neither / father). Usually we talk about ourselves. B: I didn’t go to the party either. B: I couldn’t get that link to work either. You cannot use neither/either/so/too in your example because there are not two things that are the same. The first sentence is negative (have NOT) again. 2 She speaks neither Spanish nor French. B: Me either. We use ‘either’ to say: two or more choices. ^ These sentences are wrong! The quantifiers either and neither are a kind of determiner. B: Me either. A: I didn’t go to the party. ‘Jane doesn’t have a guitar, but Dave has one.’, I haven’t seen “either” of them for years, I haven’t seen “neither” of them for years, Hello Grace. I also like it.). When you have a negative verb (have NOT), then you cannot use ‘neither’, because neither goes with a positive verb (e.g. A: I don’t like fish. When used as a determiner, either and neither must come before a singular countable noun. I do really appreciate you.God bless you, amen. English Current recommends Grammarly as a learning tool to reduce English mistakes. / Neither can my mom. / I did as well. So when you want to say that something is also true for you, you can say the easy answer “Me too!” instead of longer answers like “So have I! / I do as well. ^ Both of these answers are fine. | What’s the difference? E.g. When used as a pronoun, neither means not one or the other. (Two people didn’t know the answer. An affirmative sentence is a positive sentence (“I am a man”), NOT a negative sentence (I am NOT a man). Therefore, you should use a word like ‘but’ to indicate contrast. RISE or RAISE? That’s next. When used as a determiner, either and neither must come before a singular countable noun. However, technically, it could mean either. / Neither have I. ), How do I use the word ‘LITERALLY’? The first one is correct. I’m not fine and neither is my sister. (b) He doesn’t care and I don’t care either Correct. A: I graduated from the University of British Columbia. B: Me neither. It means "not one AND not the other" (of two). Technically, it could mean either. It’s Absolutely Brilliant! Very precise and extremely useful. Either is positive (+). (with video). You can just say either “Me neither! / I like it too. Is it correct to use in short answers . You should say: “I haven’t seen him either.” – or – “Neither have I.”. A: I couldn’t get that link to work. You should say: “My mother can’t either.” – or – “Neither can my mom.”. Rule: when the verb is negative, you cannot use “too.” Remember that we are talking about the verb and NOT the meaning of the message. (d) neither of them are not happy We use ‘neither’ to say: not two or more choices. But! However, I’d Be Much More Obliged If You Could Shorten The Lesson Using A Chat. / I don’t either. There are two keys here. He didn’t have an umbrella, and …tooeitherneither did I. “Neither does he” would be more common, in my opinion. I am asking two people. We use them to talk about possible choices between two people or things. For example, “I have never been there.” / “Me neither.” This is correct. Kathy (Posted on 10-28-2015 at 10:03) Reply ↓ Thank you! – How can I use them correctly? (= So did I. have NOT). / I did too! fernando pinon (Posted on 10-14-2015 at 13:23) Reply ↓ thankyou for your help god bless you. B: Really? / My mother can’t as well. Very helpful. very useful!Thank you very much!I appreciate it! A: I don’t like fish. Yes, that short answer is correct, though it sounds a bit old fashioned. either, neither. See Subject Exercises Neither Nor / Either / Too / So So / Neither / Either / Too 2. B: Me too. You haven’t been to Taiwan. Please click on the button to check our Privacy Policy. / I have as well!”. A: I did n’t go to the party. Arnel's Everyday English © 2019. – English Grammar, WHO WHICH THAT WHOSE | relative pronouns and clauses (with video! Either pronunciation is acceptabe. I really loved it! I ‘m using your ideas for my adult ed class at the library. And (I / either). / I haven’t seen him as well. In Positive Statements 1. A: I didn’t go to the party. A. Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Either & Neither'. You have two choices – here / home. I love it because of it I can study now and score nice marks in exam.