Keralan Egg Curry I tried it and it came out pretty well… I made a few changes to the recipe though… Instead of grated coconut, i poured coconut milk and put a pinch of sugar in the last … The flavor was pretty good… Thank you once again. Thank you! Eggs are such a versatile ingredient, you can turn them into a tasty meal within minutes. Recipe from Good Food magazine, January 2007, New! Learn how your comment data is processed. Season with some salt. A spicy curry with rice or hot bhakris is a soul-satisfying meal in our house. Sauté till light brown.

Could you please let me know how muc i should increase with regards to masala and other things. The recipe I am sharing is based on my mother’s recipe and an authentic spice blend called Kala Masala. However, I am writing the recipe with poppy seeds but feel free to replace them. with cream. Add in coconut and saute for 5 mins or so till the mix is done. Perfect blend of masala. Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 8 mins, cool in cold water, then peel and halve. Every family has their version of Egg Curry and so do I. I have my own version plus my mother’s, who makes delicious Maharashtrian food. Remove from heat and serve. Kali oreksi! Chinese Eggs Add 2 cups of water ( depending on how you like your curry) cover the pot and boil it for 5 minutes. Crumble over the stock cube and pour over enough boiled water from the kettle to cover the rice by ½cm (about 1 litre). In the same pan add rest of the oil, add in the tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes.

Greek or natural yogurt instead of Similar Recipes, The recipie certainly looks easy and simple, I'm going to try it now. I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! More About Me…. Believe it or not, even today i made a version of egg curry and served it with ghee rice. Hi Aarthi, i've tried ur recipe and it waz superb. Growing up this was a delicacy, growing up in a strict vegetarian household it was cooked only a few times in a year. It … Creamy Egg Curry I tried it and it came out good.. I tried this yesterday. This was the first time I made egg curry .It was a very simple process , no complicated ingredients and the taste was way too amazing compared to the less ingredients and efforts put in.Will definitely make it again. A spicy Maharashtrian style egg curry goes well with rice and bhakris. Without covering boil for 5 minutes. @Suriya Sundaramadd little bit more garam masala powder. Heat 1 tbsp oil , add sliced onion, ginger and garlic. Now add in the onion gravy and continue frying till the oil starts coming out from the sides. Add in more masala and red chilli powder if needed. Serve with rice and mango chutney. And oh the joys of that meal was always the same and a lot.

Add the tomatoes and 200ml water, season to taste, then bring to the boil. . I love making it for lunch, because it taste so yummy with hot rice so much. For this Egg curry, we always use Kala Masala which is a Maharashtrian spice blend and just like the egg curry everyone has their family heirloom masala recipes too. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I tried this recipe last night for dinner. Hi Aarthi,I tried your recipe yesterday and i liked it alot.. thanks for sharing this recipe..Keep updating more recipes..:). Let it sizzle for a min. So this is how you make this uber flavourful Egg Curry! I tried it and it was very simple and tasty. Cook this till oil separates from the mix. « Jigarthanda Recipe / Jil Jil Jigarthanda Recipe, Homemade Papaya Jam Recipe – No Preservatives ». The menu was same, this Egg Curry, Bhakri, Raw onion salad, either Groundnuts chutney or Thecha (green chilli chutney). WELCOME! Once the eggs are cooked well, add the rice. Cover and cook on a low heat till it gets mushy. Just writing about it makes my tastebuds dance. Method Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water, until just cooked and drain. U r one of my problem solver. Sauté till light brown. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. boiled, so stir it through at the end. I make egg curry often. Its better than other spicy recipes and very easy to make. Chettinad Egg Curry. Ur way of explanation is very understandable even for cooking beginners.may god bless u and Ur family.pls don’t stop Ur innovations and don’t forget to share it with us. Now you can see oil separating from the masala, throw in a handful of chopped coriander leaves.

Low-fat yogurt will split if Add water if needed. Cook for 2 minutes and add the eggs. Hi Arthy… Thank you providing a lovely recipe.. This Egg Curry is spicy, slightly nutty, watery and goes really well with just plain rice or rotis or bhakris. Add in onions and salt. Really liked this recipe. Saute till it turns little dark. ordinary Greek yogurt, which is made Now add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min. I tried this recipe yesterday.it came out very well.thanks for sharing this easy recipe. Add the curry paste and sizzle for 2 mins, stirring. Your email address will not be published. delicious spicy preparation of the eggs in a onion garlic ginger and tomato based gravy Squeeze out the oil and make a fine paste of this fried onion. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. Add in eggs and cover and simmer till oil floats on top. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7Punwig-o, Saute for a min till raw smell leaves from the mixture, Cover and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy, Now add in coriander, chilli and turmeric powder. What a week it has been! Add the tomatoes and 200ml water, season to taste, then bring to the boil. Good Food Deal i like ur blog very much. Simmer for 10 mins until you have a rich sauce. I made a little change to the recipe though… Instead of grated coconut, i put coconut milk and one pinch sugar… Thank you once again. Add in the turmeric, both Kashmiri and red chilli powder, Kala or garam masala and continue frying for another 5 minutes. Add in the poppy seeds and continue to sauté till golden brown in colour. Add in the egg, adjust salt and water. Hubby liked it a lot. Bring to a gentle simmer, then cover the pan, reduce the heat to its lowest setting and cook for 2 mins … Required fields are marked *. Egg Curry! Wat went wrong ? Heat 1 tbsp oil, add sliced onion, ginger and garlic. Thanks for the recipe. wht else to use ? A spicy curry with rice or hot bhakris is a soul-satisfying meal in our house.

Stir well until all ingredients are nicely combined.

version of the curry, use fatfree Try something new with this aromatic, vegetarian, tomato-based curry packed with boiled eggs and served with spiced basmati. Punjabi egg masala – Easy punjabi dhaba style egg curry in onion tomato gravy. Believe it or not, even today i made a version of egg curry and served it with ghee rice. Hi aarthiI didn't get the flavour of egg it was just like tomato curry. Thanks a lot, Hi Arthy…tried ur egg curry recipe today.it came out really well.My hubby loved it…Thanks for ur recipe. South Indian egg curry with rice & lentil pilau. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes (the eggs should not form an omelet, they will be scrambled). Boil the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 7–8 minutes, then cool under cold running water and carefully shell. Squeeze out the oil and make a fine paste of this fried onion. Hi ..Arthi ….wanna try this yummy looking recepi if no grated coconut ??? 5 days of, In this fast-changing world of fashion, there is s, As you all know how much I cook different types of, 6 small or 3 big cloves of garlic roughly chopped, 2 tbsp kala masala or 1 tbsp garam masala, 1/2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder for colour.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. would like to do this recipe again with 10-12 eggs. Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. You can check them here and here. Cool this down a little.