Test your broadband speed with the UK's most accurate broadband speed testing tool. The new solution allows customers to access EE’s superfast 4G network which currently extends to 90% of the UK’s landmass (equal to more than 99.6% of UK homes). Shame this package seems to be capped at 10Mb upspeed, and I bet there's still no static IP address option, just CGNAT cr*p. I pay £60 for 100GB, so it's not a cheap option - this shoebox will give 2x that allowance. The line monitoring system allows you to track the performance of your broadband connection in terms of latency and packet loss. Customers can add on the antenna and arrange professional installation at a convenient time for a one-off payment of £100. EE predicts that there are 580,000 homes with slow or no fixed line access which could benefit from the solution – with EE continuing to roll out 4G into new areas on the way to its ambition to extend 4G coverage to 95% of the UK geography. ‎27-08-2019 The thing with 4g or satellite is the higher data costs. Sarah Lee, Head of Policy at the Countryside Alliance, said: “Fast and reliable internet is just as essential in the countryside as it is in urban areas, but unfortunately it is not currently as widely available. Just had a frustrating series of conversations with TSG and EE tech support: The Smart Hub given to most customers these days, has multiple internal antennas. Wholesale. ‎04-12-2019 EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast 4G in more places than any other operator after pioneering the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012. The rest of the 40GB allowance adds some load balancing/failover. EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network for five years in a row at the Mobile Choice Awards; Best Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network and Best Network Coverage at the 2017 uSwitch Mobile Awards. BUSINESS, LARGE See the answer below or I currently use a Virgin 4G sim (200Gb/month for £20). External antennas really do make a huge difference, jump from 10Mbps (4G router antennas) to 50Mbps (dual yagi 45 deg polarization on tv aerial). monthly phones, Pay Does it need to be an EE specific antenna or can you buy a 3rd party and install to the router? @Tony_J : Sorry, I don't know what aerial, but it costs £100 to install. The USO needs to address the higher monthly costs and data limits of these services. The great thing about EE’s new solution though is that it’s wireless - allowing people to get superfast home broadband via 4G. Yep just double checked the EE coverage map for my house (I've done this before) it's as big a joke as the BT checker which tells me I can get above USO. Re: How do I order the external 4g antenna that's been released today? employees, I am a business with more than 50 employees, I am a sole trader or business with up to 50 If you can only only get a 4G signal when upstairs then speeds with the antenna may be less exciting but a good chance they'll exceed 10 Mbps. Hi James, when will information about this device appear on the EE website? Currently many homes in rural Cumbria can only get limited broadband access, and EE, working with the Northern Fells Broadband initiative has worked to trial the service with users in the area. EE's coverage claims do seem to count "variable and weak indoor coverage". The new 4GEE Home Router is EE’s fastest own brand device with enhanced wi-fi strength, making it the perfect alternative to traditional fixed broadband. The 4GEE Home Router and antenna solution offers speeds as fast as most fixed line fibre broadband services – with trial speeds showing over 100Mbps in Cumbria. Max Taylor, Managing Director of Marketing, EE said: “As our network continues to expand into some of the most remote parts of the UK, we’ve seen the amazing impact that 4G connectivity can have on rural communities. Yes, if the 1 you have is the 4GEE HOME ROUTER . device, Add new events, WiFi or stolen device, Insurance The 4g checker does seem rather optimistic, says outdoor coverage, which is only available a few hundred yards away above the house. We welcome this innovative 4G solution from EE and believe it will have a big impact on some of the most remote communities across the UK.”. I quite often use about 70-80GB over the allowance just on Netflix traffic and Im not really a huge Netflix user. Please call 0800 079 0131 for more information or to place an order. For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic. Our Tech Gurus will be able to give you more information about the antenna. Separately, independent recognition has revealed EE offers the UK’s fastest 4G, with average download speeds above 30Mbps*. Solved! Sustainability, Better Digital Been there, done that, got the Tee shirt. Rights, Tackling Climate Solved! @New_Londoner Currently many homes in rural Cumbria can only get limited broadband access, and EE, working with the Northern Fells Broadband initiative has worked to trial the service with users in the area. Told I can get up to 31mbs download speed with 4G EE router and external antenna in Northleigh Devon. Today, EE has more than 600 shops across the UK, and EE's 4G coverage extends to 90% of the UK’s landmass. Sarah Lee, Head of Policy at the Countryside Alliance, said: “Fast and reliable internet is just as essential in the countryside as it is in urban areas, but unfortunately it is not currently as widely available. Virgin uses the EE network to provide its service. Overview, Financial Reporting & (ARCHIVE) & Protection, e-safety And good 4G there too! I've now changed networks and have gone from no signal or on a good day G or E to getting H with TalkTalk on the Vodaphone network but the signal strength means I get far from the max speeds. Can anyone tell me what make/model of external antenna is supplied by EE for use with the 4G EE Home Router? WiFi, All EE: We send your details to TSG, they arrange the installation, and they choose/buy the equipment - we don't know what they use. The service will provide customers with superfast broadband speeds at home using the power of EE’s 4G network. One of the real challenges is getting fixed fibre into people’s houses because they are so sparsely populated in rural areas. I wonder if Ofcom will now consider access to 4G like this to be considered good enough for the USO? You can see an overview of the product on the 4GEE Router shop page. Your handset, contract and operator choices can impact on your signal quality. Available from 9 February nationwide, customers can sign up to a 4GEE Home pay monthly plan with introductory packages from £35 to £60 which include the 4GEE Home Router. _________________________________________________________________________________, Other phones, gadgets, tablets and wearables, Click here for the most up to date information on our response to coronavirus, Can't get through to EE about u/s broadband. James. Any idea how I find out more info? EE has recently been trialling the solution in the Northern Fells in Cumbria, an area with dramatic topography. No all handsets can receive all frequencies, not all contracts support them (eg PAYG) and not all operators can access them (eg MVNOs). 4GEE Home Router. - edited 12:24 AM LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk, [1] According to independent research by Thinkbroadband, 95% of UK homes and businesses have access to a fixed broadband service offering ‘superfast’ speeds of more than 24Mbps and less than 3% can’t order a ‘decent’ 10Mbps service, EE on Twitter All rights reserved. I've ordered a router, the only question I've got is how do I determine whether they antenna would give any benefit? I get a reliable 70Mb down and 60Mb up - mind you, where I live I reckon I have the local EE mast to myself. With no requirement for a landline, the 4GEE Home Router is ready to go straight from the box allowing up to 32 devices to connect to it at once. For more information, please visit www.ee.co.uk/broadband, *https://opensignal.com/reports/2017/04/uk/state-of-the-mobile-network, [1]According to independent research by Thinkbroadband, 95% of UK homes and businesses have access to a fixed broadband service offering ‘superfast’ speeds of more than 24Mbps and less than 3% can’t order a ‘decent’ 10Mbps service, EE launches 4G home broadband antenna to connect more than 60,000 home across the East of England. home, For And by the way, we don't have an engineer where you are (inner Hebrides), so tough luck, we can't install it for you. EE has recently been trialling the solution in the Cumbrian Northern Fells, an area with dramatic topography. Customer trials in the Northern Fells area of Cumbria have delivered speeds of over 100Mbps. Any idea how I find out more info? - edited EE on YouTube I think 4G solutions like this should be part of the USO, in principle. EE on Facebook Thanks for the reply - looks like the tech gurus don't know either - just tried the online chat to them.