For absolute best flavor, use homemade roasted garlic. Make the dough: Pour water into the bowl of an electric mixer. I introduce to you a lean Margherita that tastes just like the high-calorie beast. Remember when we made that Margherita Panini? Here is the thing: baking stones absorb a lot of the heat from the oven, almost like brick-ovens that can reach around 800 degrees F. By pulling moisture from the pizza dough, it helps to achieve a crispy crust. I love Margerita and this recipe is simple and very tasty:). Then I just drained off the 1/2 teaspoon of oil into the vinegar and used a pastry brush to brush the garlic and oil onto the crust. 2 Comments, Your email address will not be published. This is a definite keeper. It’s a simple yet delicious pizza. Spread sauce over partially baked crust. Let come to room temp for 10 minutes before adding the toppings and bake. “This easy Margherita pizza recipe is a simplified take from the classic version, perhaps easier, and definitely faster.” We have been known to be pizza fanatics here on Platter Talk and up until recently we always made our own wonderful and simple pizza dough from scratch.. My first time baking a pizza on a stone will not make one any other way now. Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and spread to cover within an inch of the edge of the dough. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Position pizza stone, cast-iron skillet, inverted baking sheet or pizza pan in the center of the middle rack. Make the base: Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt. Top this pizza with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I used canned Pilsbury pizza dough, would definately use fresh next time. Absolutely delicious! Who needs Papa Murphy's?? For easier cutting, place the cheese in the freezer 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into slices with serrated knife. divide into thirds as each third will make 1 14" pizza crust. This Margherita pizza totally fits the bill! If you have an extra crust, assemble and bake the second Margherita pizza or other pizza style of your choice. Oh, me too! Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. My favorite pizza. Leave to stand at room temperature while you get on with shaping the base. This recipe combines the taste of mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and basil leaves for a refreshing dinner. The crust won’t be as crispy as when baked in/on a cast-iron skillet or on a pizza stone, but it’ll work fine – as wells as if baked in a pizza pan. Slide each pizza onto the pizza stone in the preheated oven. Margherita pizza recipe includes a crispy crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil. For easier cutting, place the cheese in the freezer 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into slices with serrated knife. or a slice? You may freeze dough flat like a disc and wrap in plastic wrap for up to 2 months. Next time will try with homemade dough. Mix water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Best recipe for pizza ever!! Honestly I'm not even a big fan of marg pizza, but this is fantastic! Stir half the flour mixture into yeast mixture until no dry spots remain. I have to ask did a lot of you buy the pizza dough? Just a few tomatoes with the seeds and juices removed, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. No need for all sorts of add-ons. Next day removed one let come to room temp and punched back down. Used Pilsbury refrigerated pizza dough. Simplicity is key! Sprinkle pizza evenly with sliced basil, salt, and pepper. Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough leaving one inch for the crust. It is our new favorite pizza! My 13 year old son loved every bite. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over the pizza. Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk. Here’s an even quicker and lighter version, which is easily made for just one person as follows: I used Flatout Light Italian Herb flatbread as mentioned by another member. Smooth sauce over bases with the back of a spoon. A very yummy, quick weeknight dinner! Receita rápida de Pizza à Portuguesa com massa pronta, presunto, tomate, cebola, ovos cozidos, azeitona…, A 15-minute, easy shrimp pizza made with a super delish topping that will make dinner…, This quick and easy no yeast pizza dough has only 2 ingredients and requires NO…, Filed Under: 5 Ingredients or Less, American Recipes, Dinner in 30 Minutes or Less, Quick & Easy, Recipes, Weeknight Meals/Dinner Tagged With: Pizza, Please read our privacy policies before subscribing. I would do it next time with regular crust. If baking at 500° F (260° C), bake for about 15 minutes. Tips for Margherita Pizza Success: For the best margherita pizza, you will want to preheat your oven to the highest temperature possible. I did not use pizza sauce instead I used sliced homegrown tomatoes that I lightly salted and let drain in a strainer to get the excess liquid out. Anees and I used to go out for Margherita pizzas all the time before we got married. My "pizza sauce" is little more than a can of drained plum tomatoes which I puree with an immersion blender and add a little bit of olive oil black pepper a pinch of sugar and a pinch of sea salt. I'll definitely make it again. The dough came out perfect. Plain and delicious. You’re going to just pulse these ingredients together in a food processor and pour them into a strainer to remove any excess liquids. Forget frozen pizza, which is nowhere near as tasty as homemade. 966 calories; protein 48.7g 98% DV; carbohydrates 105.8g 34% DV; fat 37g 57% DV; cholesterol 89.6mg 30% DV; sodium 2187.4mg 88% DV. Although the ideal is to bake pizza on a baking stone for a crispy crust, you can replace it with a cast-iron skillet. The whole family loved this pizza. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Will make again. But remember, the more toppings the more the calories! Such a simple, classic preparation — and probably the best. Place a pizza stone or tiles on the middle rack of your oven and turn heat to its highest setting. We loved this recipe. This makes a great lunch in minutes and clean up is next to nothing, especially if you use a sheet of parchment paper on your cookie sheet. NIce and simple Denise, just like how the Italians do them. This is a really easy tomato base for the pizza. For my oven, that is 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Shut off the heat and set aside. We used a Trader Joes refidgerated crust. I have two boys in the house whose taste buds are generally not adventurous, and they loved this. this recipe was great I used a small amount of honey in place of the sugar. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Lightly oil a large bowl, then place dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Easy to make other additions and would be a great appetizer if cut smaller. This makes a delicious pizza. Crust – a thin, yeast pizza dough baked in a high-temperature brick-oven is the tradition! You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR . 4 Roma tomatoes (remove seeds and juices from 3 of them and slice 1 tomato). Heat oven to 400°F. There are no social login steps defined in Sitecore for this flow! When Anees and I make pizza at home, we love to try unique flavor combinations. Repeat for 3 remaining dough balls. Amount is based on available nutrient data. You can leave the dough to rise if you like, but it’s not essential for a thin crust. Try finishing this pizza with its traditional tart seasoning -- drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. Thank you for the recipe. Drizzle pizza … Great recipe. Many of us are familiar with Margherita pizza but don’t know where this style of pizza got its name. Pizza! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Bake until cheese is bubbly and the underside of the crust is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Roll the pizza dough out into a 12” round or rectangle on parchment paper or a silicone mat. The pizza is traditionally garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil to represent the national colors of the Italy and its flag.