3 Minutes of Mindfulness For one minute, eyes closed, acknowledge all the thoughts going through your mind. is a trainer, consultant and writer. Add the power of Cambridge Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets. "error": true, Mr. Grant writes, “in experiments, people felt significantly happier and less lonely after they were randomly assigned to reflect on a nostalgic event. {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, We need to change the channel in our mind that constantly accuses us and tune in instead to God’s restful channel of peace. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, A goal of mine this year has been to imagine “What would you say to a friend if you thought you would never see them again?” or “What would you do if you had no fear?” I think when I’m older I’m not going to regret the things in my life that I’ve done, because I like to think that every experience counts for something. How do you cope with the uncertainty and upheaval in your own life and in the world? { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, You need to leave the comfort zone to grow as a person and be excited about life. Now strike a match and light the paper – watch with relief as your remorse and associated pain burns to harmless ash. But in the new abnormal, the day can get pretty boring. type: "html5", Do you focus on past regrets or slights? Really and truly finding a way to be happy about your current circumstances and then using that happiness to let everything else go. It’s the kind of sorrow that leads to repentance and salvation, and it’s not debilitating. }); Overcome past decisions or actions or words with the thoughts in these quotes. }, googletag.pubads().collapseEmptyDivs(false); He will make all things new. For example. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_ei", "dwell-on-something"); Dawn also travels with her husband in ministry with Pacesetter Global Outreach. The Story of Two Spiders and a Human Being, https://wordpress.com/posts/poonamallee.wordpress.com, With increasing number of COVID-19 cases, NGOs and volunteers step forward to help the vulnerable. var mapping_houseslot_b = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], []).addSize([0, 0], [300, 250]).build(); Or, you can be excited about the future. Like Paul and Peter, we must banish Satan’s attempts to make us dwell in guilt and shame. What strategies would you recommend to others? This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All rights reserved. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, iasLog("exclusion label : resp"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387232' }}, if(refreshConfig.enabled == true) It’s never too late to apologize and make things right. This will get our eyes off ourselves and our regrets, and help us focus on the Lord’s mercy and forgiveness and how He wants to use us. Mr. Grant asks us to mentally time travel to the future and imagine what our first week of freedom will look like when a cure or vaccine for the coronavirus is widely available. }], {code: 'ad_topslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 50], [320, 50], [320, 100]] } }, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_mobile_flex' }}, Personality plays a role. googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/dwell-on-something"); bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, 'max': 3, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Most people do it too often. [before 900; Middle English: to lead astray, stun, abide, Old English. I used to be the type of person who would lie awake at night thinking about everything I regret. We can respect ourselves because of the Christ who lives in us. They’re crucial in our growth and self-understanding, and it’s ok if we fail or make the wrong decisions, as long as we improve ourselves from the experience. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Copyright 2020 Share More Stories, Inc. All rights reserved |. We strive to make everything inspiring, informational, amusing, useful, and critical, and we believe every one of us has a story worth sharing. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387233' }}, var mapping_topslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], []).addSize([0, 550], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], [[300, 50], [320, 50], [320, 100]]).build(); He is the Savior, after all. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, ga('require', 'displayfeatures'); { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654208' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, The writing was fun and therapeutic but my regret is that without even a proper goodbye, I abandoned my followers who cheered me on in my journey. dfpSlots['btmslot_a'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/btmslot', [[300, 250], 'fluid'], 'ad_btmslot_a').defineSizeMapping(mapping_btmslot_a).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'btm').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); “My goal was to get to the end of this with the same enthusiasm and ability and energy as I had in the beginning,” he said. 10 Things the Bible Says about the Mark of the Beast, 10 Things Everyone Should Know about Jehovah's Witnesses and Their Beliefs, How to Tell if Your Struggles Are from You, God, or Satan, Modern Day Heroes - Today's Insight - November 11, 2020, 6 Healing Lessons from America’s Veterans. They think about missed opportunities, broken promises, things that could have and should have been. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, 'increment': 0.5, }); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; I think analysis by paralysis is not uncommon among those of us who are analytical thinkers but I really think there is a role for structured critical reflection in our life. The concept of godly regret is sorrow or grief—understanding we have done wrong and how sin grieves the heart of God. I remember one evening when I struggled over a “how could I have done that again?” sin. }); For the next minute, just focus on your breathing. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, Would I ever walk in victory? The best way to reset your mind is to focus on the truth of scripture. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sfr", "cdo_dict_english"); On his previous mission, for example, he got a call that his sister-in-law had been shot. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, I dwell and I move forward because one does not exist without the other. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195465', size: [300, 250] }}, No sense looking back, look forward with new knowledge and no regret. Phrasal verb: dwell(v) on/upon Nouns generally following it: problems, issues, the past, fears, regrets, loss, conflict Meanings: * to spend a lot of time thinking or talking about something unpleasant that is best forgotten. Either metaphorical or real. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 100] }}, Dawn assists author and radio host Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth with research and works with various departments at Revive Our Hearts. Every day starts to feel like Groundhog Day. If there’s anything you can fix, fix it. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, var googletag = googletag || {}; How can we find relief and release?