Suggestion: For those of us that don't own some form of donut filling device. This Italian cheese is so versatile that it can be used in both sweet and savory recipes from cheesecakes to lasagnas. Sometimes the Kreme filling is paltry, but I still love those times I have with you--just slightly less. Turn doughnuts as they turn golden brown, about one minute on each side. It's definitely a bit of work to make donuts like these at home but the results are worth it. The filling was perfect!! we have 10 dunks in my immediate area. This was my first attempt at making filled donuts. It is filled with stuff so sweet that it'll make your teeth hurt, The little "poof" of filling that is visible from the outside will typically harden a little, and thus keep it's shape under very rough treatment. So, are these available in your area? When the doughnuts are cool, using a sharp, narrow knife, carefully create a pocket inside the doughnut to hold the filling. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Recently however, we've had a yankee invasion of this awful nasty place call Krispy Kreme. DD IP Holder LLC (as to Dunkin’, Dunkin’ Donuts and all other trademarks, logos and trade dress of DD IP Holder LLC) used under license. http://dunkindonuts.com/nutrition/nutrition.jsp?prodType=Donuts#vanilla_kreme_filled_donut. All other chains may as well close down now. Looking for other Dunkin’ products? But the chocolate creams didn't have this problem... or maybe it was the other way around. And it has no mention at all of the other stores that sell KK doughnuts (although that's about every third one in Manhattan). Have you experienced the Vanilla Kreme phenomenon? Our place smells soo good everytime I fried my donuts:) I am actually making it everyday, yes! Like I was telling my mom that instead of buying donuts at the store I can make it myself. 23 / 67g left. While the doughnuts are rising, make the vanilla filling. You guys realize, of course, that the reason they're kreme donuts and not cream is because there is absolutely no dairy in there whatsoever. When the doughnuts have risen, heat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees F in a deep fryer or Dutch oven. Add the vanilla and milk and beat the filling until light and fluffy. Working with three doughnuts at a time, carefully lower the doughnuts into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on the underside, 2 to 3 minutes. As it is I have to drive an hour and a half if I want a Cinnabon, I'd be willing to do the same for a truely exceptional donut from time to time. Ars may earn compensation on sales from links on this site. I used the canned pie filling and just put it in a blender for a few seconds so it wasn't as chunky. Carefully turn the doughnuts over and fry for an additional … Dear Vanilla Kreme Donut of Dunkin' Donuts, You may have suspected this for some time, but I'd like to put it out there so it no longer tortures my soul from within: I love you. the ones which actually make donuts on site have them. I`ve just printed off this recipe, I can`t wait to make them. 380 / 2,000 cal left. With real cream and real sugar, it’s the extra sweet, extra creamy treat worthy of a run. When cool, make small hole to insert vanilla filling (recipe follows) . Wow they are wonderful can't wait for my kids and husband to try them. Do the math. After 20 minutes, I worked this out to be equal to SLIGHTLY less then 2 Tablespoons plus 2 Teaspoons. Turn the doughnuts as they brown, they should cook for about 1 minute per side. Before you automatically answer "Of course! Fat 44g. Tribus: I'm right here...still tryin' to make sense of it all...Good Luck with that, right? I do have one tip, if you are using ceramic bowls then put some hot water in the bowl for a few minutes to heat the bowl before you start the yeast. Krispy Kreme's a Dixie brand. i meant north of where there's a big split off of 81 to 17... 81 actually turns east at that point, as near as i can tell. my little sister, a frosting addict, digs them. When is says mix should i be using a dough hook? Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surfaces) and drain. when I purchase you, you are so full of Kreme filling that you weigh as much as a brick (the sweetest and best brick ever). And I appreciate that honesty. In a cooking rut? We don't have any DD around here that I know of. #newjersey #unicorns #80schildhood #sisters, Love Letter to the Vanilla Kreme Donut at Dunkin' Donuts, ← Seeking Sweetness: Daily Snapshot, Minefield of Magic Cake at Wilton Workshop, Matcha Point: Matcha Tiramisu With Adzuki Red Bean and Mascarpone Recipe →. Cut with round cookie cutter. In fact I'm waiting my dough to rise right now...while my children were having a nap from school. Fill a pastry bag with a plain tip with the vanilla filling. I love how you leave your mark upon me, leaving me looking like some sort of cocaine fiend after I've devoured you--and though you are a drug, the powder is far more benign, made of confectioners' sugar. (The "poof" can fall off, but is usually intact if it does...), It is covered with confectioner's (powdered) sugar, but doesn't have any other frostings. Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F. Slide doughnuts into hot oil. Click. Most of those calories come from fat (54%) and carbohydrates (42%). Some versions have sprinkles. 23 / 67g left. Filling the Doughnuts: Poke a chopstick into the side of each doughnut, and gently hollow out some space inside by gently wiggling it from side to side.Fill a pastry bag fitted with a #4 tip or higher with pastry cream. You're right; they're certainly not at every DD store. I tried this recipe and it is wonderful. Always looking for something new... Looks good will try this summer, being there is not a Dunkin Doughnut shop within 300 miles of us.. IS there a peanut butter cream filling that could be used ?? It looks and works like a caulking gun. When it has bubbled (proofed), add the milk, sugar, salt, egg, shortening, and 1 cup of the flour. Maybe I'll go grab a bite to eat now. Join our community of 201,250+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. Simply combine 1/2 cup of your favorite Dunkin’ Donuts brew - or one K-Cup pod on the smallest setting - with 1/3 cup hot whole milk. thank you!. 4 % 4g Protein. They're trying to pull a Walmart on the local donut places too and so far they've been succesful in putting mom&pop shops under. 1/8 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)1 package regular or quick-acting yeast3/4 cup lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)1/4 cup granulated sugar1/2 teaspoon salt1 egg1/6 cup solid vegetable shortening2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour vegetable oil, for frying Vanilla Filling1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening1/4 cup butter or margarine2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract1 tablespoon milk. It also works well with apple filling or cherry. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........I'm in PA, we have them in every DD that's still open around here. I love love love the outcome. And I never want to quit you, dear donut. Worth the investment if your going to make a lot of stuff-able donuts. View image: /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. And even though I live in Seattle, where we do not have Dunkin' Donuts, I promise to visit you whenever I return to Dunkin' Donuts country. I've definitely been to a few KKs in NYC that weren't on that list--strangely enough, ones that opened *before* the 3rd Ave. address. I wish they where there might be one in upstate NY I could visit from time to time. Did you like it? 1-16 of 338 results for "dunkin donuts french vanilla" Dunkin' French Vanilla Flavored Coffee, 60 K Cups for Keurig Coffee Makers (Packaging May Vary) 4.8 out of 5 stars 1,547 Its become a mecca for the yankee suburbanite and their shitty shopping and eating habits... -SS View image: /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Ars Technica Addendum (effective 8/21/2018). Roll dough … Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. However, they were at a few in Providence when I lived there for five years. It is true: from time to time I have strayed. Pat it flat then roll it out with a rolling pin until it is 1/2-inch thick. I love how your filling is called Kreme, not "Cream" or even "Creme". Weight Watchers points for the full Dunkin Donuts menu. i'm pretty sure there was one colocated with a gas station that we stopped at on the way to drop my sister off at cornell. Calorie Goal 1,620 cal. At that time, Dunkin' Donuts still allowed smoking, and was a popular hangout for recovering alcoholics, who could belly up to the donut bar at the location next to Foodtown on 18th Avenue, buy cigarettes at the vending machine conveniently located in the store, and drink unlimited coffee and eat donuts and talk about how long you'd all been sober and how deeply, extremely happy you all were. I rounded it up and used that amount, which appears to have worked well. Whipped shortening and sugar. I have since the first time we met, on a serendipitous day in my third or four I love how you're an elusive beast of a sweet treat: not every Dunkin' location has you. Dunkin Donuts Dunkin Donuts - Powdered Vanilla Cream Filled Donut. 15 %. There's just something about you, Vanilla Kreme, with that filling that tastes like the most wonderful donut filling adaptation of store bought birthday cake frosting, that I simply cannot quit. somewhere along 17, north of 81. now, i'm not certain that's where the krispy kreme was (it *might* have been at the previous stop for gas, southern pennsylvania), and i have no clue how close that is to you... but hey View image: /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, 81 runs north-south, being north of 81 puts it into canada View image: /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, on 17 between cornell and 81 is closer than a Cinnabon View image: /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.