Each game mode has various modifications. No but some switch ports I've had better luck using the steam forums. My other criticisms of the Switch port are more nitpicky. They pick it up and run. However, I could find no mention of this phenomenon cropping up. To make it worse, the game has no auto-save function. In his spare time, he practices traditional Chinese Ken-Po in the hopes that he will someday become an Earth Bender. I mean, I REALLY like it. Once you start playing, your prison vessel (or floating “dungeon”) is nowhere to be seen. Much of the game revolves around trying to strike a balance between creating a defensible route for your heroes to traverse and saving those resources for later, harder levels. I've seen a number of switch threads lately. They punish you, not because of any failure as a player or strategist, but simply because of bad luck. I explored eight rooms, yet gathered none of the dust needed to power my defenses or prevent enemies from spawning. Personally, I usually require a video game to have a compelling story or character development, or else I get bored, but Dungeon of the Endless was fun enough on its own that I could forget about my need for a narrative. Any help devs? In the opening menu, you choose two characters to begin with and a type of game to play. Dungeon of the Endless originally released back in 2014, so Amplitude Studios has had plenty of time to work out the kinks in the system. The thing is, I like Dungeon of the Endless. Unfortunately, though, that does not seem to have translated to the title’s port to the Nintendo Switch. Mind you, dust is something that you can usually run across every three or four rooms. While the roguelike model may be an accurate allegory for how unfair life can be, it is not, in my opinion, a great game mechanic if unregulated. Floating into view from the top of the screen is a massive prison transport, bombarded by an unseen attacker. Your goal is simply to transport your crystal, the power source that operates lights and your turret defenses, to the elevator leading to the next floor as infinite waves of enemies pursue you. However, my hero has the crystal in their hands, so riddle me that one! When the game crashed for the third time on the seventh out of thirteen levels, I just decided that I had had enough. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. However, if you want them to do independent actions or have two do one thing and then the others do something else, then you have to cycle through each hero, pan around the entire map to find where you want them to go, and then pan all the way back to the next character you want to control. I found myself itching to start and end my day with a few journeys back into the breach. Simple, yes, but by no means easy. Dungeon of the Endless is certainly endless but is a bit light on the “dungeon” part. How awesome is that?! In short, this game is all about replay value and, man, it is absorbing! If I wanted that kind of experience, I would simply blow my money in Vegas or try my hand at the stock market. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. On Nintendo Switch, Dungeon of the Endless is still an excellent and cruel mix of Rouge-like, Tower Defense, RPG and strategy. Once might be bad luck, which I have an abundance of, but three times is indicative that something is wrong with the software. With the hope that these issues will be fixed, I have rated the game as if the bugs do not exist. Look at Minecraft, where every world has its own environments and presents something new to explore. However, those bugs that I mentioned effectively break the game, and I sincerely hope that Amplitude fixes them. Unfortunately, though, that does not seem to have translated to the title’s port to the Nintendo Switch. An English and Western Laws & Ethics graduate from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Matt’s doing his best to find his way back to Middle Earth or Naboo. A PC tower defense game with a cute hidden character is making its console debut on Switch next month. Also, sounds can sometimes go absolutely batty. Bet you can figure out how I lost during this last level of the game. If you do plan for it, laying extra defenses and creating a staggered retreat pattern, your heroes are at higher risk and you burn a ton of resources, all for something that may or may not happen. In terms of base mechanics, Dungeon of the Endless works beautifully. However, you never find out more than some odd trivia, so far as I can tell, and there is no tension between former prisoners and jailers. Developer Amplitude Studios and Sega have commissioned Playdigious to port the PC game to Switch, and a limited physical version will be available from Merge Games. You will sometimes need to look up their names to know who is who and whether you want them on your team. Update happened. Dungeon of the Endless, as a roguelike, creates procedurally generated levels. Unfortunately, this is where the design itself starts to slip. How about a little doggo in your tower defense? This makes everything a little different each time you play and provides nearly “endless” possibilities. If you want a hero to do something, then you can select them individually easily enough. Yeah, that’s not supposed to happen. If you want all of them to do the same thing, that is also easy. Several add-ons from the PC version will be included on Switch, as well as the early unlock of a playable pug named Ayairi. That means that, while one of your characters is carrying what should be the only crystal on the map and running like an Olympic torchbearer who just realized that there’s a pack of hyenas chasing them, there is a second crystal being assaulted. Losing dust means that random rooms lose power, which often shuts down defenses. Can you imagine how frustrating that is, discovering that you have wasted most of your resources for nothing and then starting the next level with the space-age equivalent of a fly swatter and an angry possum on your side? You can only light so many rooms at a time and must manage your resources; industry (for making turrets and other support structures), science (for upgrading your constructions and learning new ones), food (for healing and leveling up your characters), and dust, which your crystal needs to power each room. In one case, everything except for the ambient sound effects cut out and the remaining sounds was cranked up to eleven with an emphasis on the high-pitched feedback. Unfortunately, the game expects you to remember which abilities each character learns as they level up. Ronin-XIII. All rights reserved. See those little exclamation points? Heck, you can play as a genius, borderline psychotic “War Pug,” for crying out loud! Just like that, though, I was swamped with waves of enemies that I had no way of defending against. If it was not for the software issues, I would give it a nearly full endorsement. Dungeon of the Endless on Nintendo Switch - Patch Note 1.1.7 Bug Fixes • Fix memory leak crashes • Fix local achievement Champions' League • Fix Wes Davoun's skill We still are all ears if you have any feedback related to bugs or crashes or anything else, feel free to share it in the most detailed way, with screenshot or video if necessary. (c) 2008-2020 - Powered by 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters. We learn something about their past, motivations, and how they ended up on this doomed prison transport. From there, you choose whether you want to play in “Easy” mode or “Too Easy.” Now, I don’t know who decided to title those options, but they are a cruel and twisted individual. I bought my Switch new three months ago and it ran Breath of the Wild like a dream, yet this pixel-art game crashes repeatedly. Read the text in the top left. However, the closest he can get is reading, writing, or gaming, so he’s trying to accept his lack of pet dragons and devoting himself to those things instead. Also, it is worth to check out for updates - most of today's games have the automatic patches installation system on startup if internet connection is available. I would love to play more without fear that the game will simply shut down on me. Besides, it is difficult or nearly impossible to distinguish who the strangers you find in the dungeon are, since the character sprites are small and often in dark rooms. I saw this on the Switch and am quite interested in buying it to have another roguelike on that console as their selection is pretty barebones. Then there is the second and rarer, but far more terrible bug: The complete software crash. Hopefully, Amplitude will bring in some patches to fix them right away and this review’s complaints (written on April 30th) will be largely obsolete by the time the title fully releases. The first and most common one is what I like to call the Coupled Crystal Kerfuffle.