Original story: Dragon Age 4 will allegedly be revealed at The Game Awards later this week, a new report by VentureBeat suggests. All we know is that Mythal wants revenge for some betrayal, per what she says to Morrigan in the Fade. While Thedas-at-large believes that the fall of the elves was because Tevinter destroyed their cultural capitol, Arlathan, during the Well of Sorrows mission you learn that the actual fall of Arlathan was caused because of warring between the elves. Though I feel like it’d be strange to see a mage running around with 3 staffs and a rogue with 6 daggers or 3 bows. When Dragon Age Inquisition released, it was released for both last gen and current gen consoles, and I think that Dragon Age 4 will likely follow suit. If we are assuming that these Archdemons are actually aspects of the old elven gods, then it would make sense that they are able to transfer their spirits into the closest darkspawn nearby (all servants and thus WILLING) in order to fully regenerate, much in the same way Corphyeus did. It's hard to say, because we don't know what the elven gods are planning. This is the first direct sequel in the franchise’s history. I think it’s safe to say that Solas is the new “big bad” in Dragon Age 4, if you didn’t get that already. Viveport Infinity Isn’t Game Pass. One of these areas with room for improvement is mostly a console issue. [23], A fresco of the Dread Wolf, suspected to be a self-portrait. The evanuris dubbed him "Fen'Harel," the "Dread Wolf," and he embraced that name as part of his uprising, calling upon his followers to abandon the "false gods." That might change in Dragon Age 4, though, given that the teaser shows hints of the red lyrium idol. Some people think that perhaps Flemeth was Andraste, or that the Dread Wolf is actually the Maker. When we could no longer believe, we lost glory to war. Things are going to get a bit awkward for my fellow Elven Inquisitors in the next game. Their history, power, culture, immortality and widespread aptitude for magic. I’m just spit balling here, but I think in general there’s room to expand into some new or reimagined subclasses. The god Fen'Harel was asked by a village to kill a great beast. That remains his plan, though he's still working to see it to fruition. See, this is not necessarily bad writing, but it is awfully lazy game design. Tevinter didn't really have anything to do with it. We/it lost eternity or the ruined tree of the People. First, let's talk about how the Dread Wolf is depicted in the game. Robin Burks is an entertainment and science/technology writer, as well as a published author, avid con-goer and costumer/cosplayer. While not necessarily the most realistic change to the game, I think adding in the ability to hot-swap gear in battle would be a nice touch. Dragon Age is a fantasy role-playing video game ("RPG") series developed by Canadian developer BioWare and released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, and OS X, with the third installment also released on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Consider that, after drinking from the Well of Sorrows, Morrigan gains ancient elven knowledge, which somehow allows her to transform into a dragon in the final fight against Corypheus. They had run down deer and hares and wolves together when they were young. In one version at the end of that DLC, Hawke remains in the Fade, presumably dead. He apologizes to Flemeth, which she answers with an embrace and an apology of her own. I think it’s highly likely that Dragon Age 4 will also be one of the first games on next-gen. So how is this figure in the teaser mural not Solas? Speaking of gear, I liked how Dragon Age Inquisition added some sort of modular armor. A spirit which is supposedly an Old God housed in the archdemon that the Hero of Ferelden defeated. But what if it's related to the Elven gods, too? Could it be that the stories about him are right all along, and he is actually a backstabbing jerk? Oh, who’s that in the third card? Here's a collection of Cole's dialog, where he makes references to Solas' situation many times: At the :50ish mark, he mentions someone that calls himself "pride" who has an old pain. Among those things is the looming presence of Fen'Harel (or Solas), the Dread Wolf. Their mandate is to kill the archdemon tainted by the blight. By the end of Dragon Age: Inquisition, and more specifically its final DLC Trespasser, the Dread Wolf had established himself as a likely enemy in the next Dragon Age entry. This is the first direct sequel in the franchise’s history. Though the Inquisitor intends to find new people to join him in his fight against Fen’Harel, that doesn’t mean they’ll be new to long-term fans of the series. After all, Bioware did it in Mass Effect 2. Notes The Inquisitor finds reveal Fen'Harel led a rebellion against the other elven gods known as the Evanuris. I think we can all agree that it would be amazing to see those characters return in an epic battle to save the world from destruction. A statue of Fen'Harel, the "Dread Wolf," found at a Dalish campsite. Without their Creators they descended into war and destroyed themselves. One, Solas disappeared following the battle with Corypheus. The Dread Wolf Take You Between the Dread Wolf and the potential destruction of the Veil, elf players may find themselves in the eye of the hurricane in Dragon Age 4. With that in mind, let's reconsider the Dread Wolf. Assuming the Dread Wolf locked away the Elven gods to help, and assuming that plan to make things better for the Elves ended up backfiring, Solas' worry makes a lot more sense, doesn't it? Another important point to remember is that Solas isn't the only bald elf in Dragon Age: Falon'Din is also bald, just like the figure in the teaser. The 2018 Game Awards teaser trailer was released on December 6, 2018. Reeked of corruption. As it turned out, Fen'Harel is the real reason the events of Inquisition happened at all: he gave Corypheus the Orb of Fen'Harel, hoping that he could unlock its power and thus use it to tear down the Veil. According to this theory, there seven Old Gods. Beyond that, I think having a more fluid, yet basic combat system, similar to the games mentioned above would be really cool too. That's my take, anyway. Remember that mission called "What Pride Had Wrought," where you go into the Elven temple? The first Dragon Age 4 teaser uses a similar art style to his mural, though this artistic tribute was sinisterly dripped in red lyrium and his voice? Those of you that pushed back on the whole 'herald of Andraste' thing know that the truth doesn't matter to the people: they'll tell themselves whatever they need to believe. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle: the Dread Wolf, aka Solas, is not perfect, as he is a real person, and as such was capable of doing awful things. I hope they take full advantage of the lore in Dragon Age to really do something awesome with this, and don’t just replace it with some lame wooden arm. But the hound wouldn't let go. In this reading, the blight isn't the punishment for sin, as the chantry says, but perhaps a security measure put forth so that nobody can unseal the Elven gods found there. The ancient root-word is related to "harillen," or opposition, and "hellathen," or noble struggle. On that note, I also believe it’s possible that we’ll see a release window for Dragon Age 4 set between Fall 2019 – Summer 2020. The idea that perhaps dragons and the Elven gods are related isn't so far-fetched, is it? Look, this isn’t an MMO. Thing is, if you're not well-read on your lore, if you haven't played the right bits in previous games, if you didn't use the right party members, or if you didn't look at specific codex entries, the epilogue scene might make no sense. It's a stance that seems irrational...unless there's more to it. By Allison Stalberg May 13, 2020 He regrets sorely what he did and references this in dialogue - [he calls it] a mistake made by a younger elf. However, this is a very vague time frame and could mean anywhere from a few months to a few years. So instead, he shot an arrow up into the sky. People are making connections to the blight, and the Elven gods, too. "I posit that the Old Gods are aspects of the Elven Gods, minus Mythal and Fen'Harel...the Old Gods are incomplete remnants of the 7 missing members of the Elven Pantheon. Truthfully, nobody knows what actually happened at Arlathan. Dragon Age Dread Wolf: 10 Pieces Of Solas Fanart By the end of Dragon Age Inquisition, Solas had become one of the most intriguing characters of the series. Elves and Qunari will likely be the primary threat, A larger and more open/connected world that covers all Thedas, The return of characters from DA:O and DA2 to include the Hero of Fereldan and Hawke, This could be the end of the Dragon Age franchise, Estimated release window Fall 2019 – Summer 2020, Likely going to release on current and next-gen systems, Go-Go Gadget arm upgrades for the Inquisitor, A better ability/level system that blends D, More subclasses and a return of the Arcane Warrior subclass, Seriously, bring back the characters from DA:O and DA2, Stick to the beautifully balanced questing style of. Perhaps the Dread Wolf could even be noble; perhaps there was a good reason he sealed away the gods. Take a second to support Coin-Drop on Patreon! After the conversation is done, he undoes the spell and the Inquisitor is forced to cut off his/her arm to save his/her life. He came to the beast at dawn, and saw its strength, and knew it would slay him if he fought it. So-called Fen'Harel cultists have been causing mayhem in their zeal to restore Elvhenan, while several factions, including the remnants of the Inquisition and the Qunari led by Rasaan, are actively looking for ways to stop him. By that time, Solas had also wrested control of the eluvian network from Briala, and formed a cabal of followers across all of Thedas; by Trespasser, his spies are embedded in the Inquisition itself. She then collapses in his arms, petrified and devoid of color. That, and Flemeth—whose bodywe know houses the spirit of Mythal—calls Solas something interesting—"Dread Wolf.". Here is one fable, called the Courser and the Wolf: "You know what the Dalish say to their dogs? "The Old Gods only appeared, and Tevinter only started to rise, after the Elven gods disappeared and their civilization started to collapse," Fingerboxes notes in his write-up. Dragon Age Set 2 Tabletop Player's Guide, p. 23, Final conversation between Solas and the Inquisitor in. In Inquisition's post-credits scene, he is also seen absorbing Mythal into himself. Of course Solas doesn't want you to restore the Wardens! In the end, this is mostly speculation and hopes. I was quite disappointed when Arcane Warrior, a Mage Subclass, disappeared in Dragon Age 2 and didn’t return in Inquisition. How, exactly, the Dread Wolf intends to keep gathering power will have to be revealed when Dragon Age 4 finally makes its long-anticipated debut. It's hard to speculate on things the game doesn't explore. The fact that Solas seems impressed with the Red Jennies and their goals of disrupting nobles is notable. But there's more to Solas and Fen'Harel than even the game's plot reveals, and for those who don't want to go through every codex entry throughout the current trilogy, here's a handy profile of the Dread Wolf and his role in the world of Dragon Age. Based on the use of the Orlesian and Ferelden maps in Dragon Age Inquisition, I think it’s safe to say we’ll be going to those places as well. Following BioWare's teaser trailer for Dragon Age 4: The Dread Wolf Rises, there are several theories floating online about its story and characters. You're not alone. Those that follow the Dragon Age lore closely can't help but wonder what happens next. Rather than having to socket your arm and leg armor into your chest piece I think a modular system like Mass Effect 3 or Halo Reach would be pretty cool.