Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your Android device. … The most complete and accurate dictionary of English with 350,000 words now FREE, Free offline english dictionary easy to use with bookmarks and useful features. Works offline! Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. . No complaints here on my part. * Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you* Favorite Word syncing through iCloud: Share your favorites between devices* Apple Watch Extension: See Word of the Day, find watch-sized definitions with voice search, and keep track of your favorites from your watch Fully featured and absolutely free, this app is supported by ads. 4 synonyms of dovish from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 27 related words, definitions, and antonyms. This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Ces dernières années, les principales banques centrales (FED, BCE, BoE, BoJ) ont appliqué une politique monétaire Dovish. Box 281 America's best dictionary and thesaurus - with premium content and no ads. A related term is ahimsa (to do no harm), which is a core philosophy in Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism. And now we’ve added new word games! General (19 matching dictionaries) dovish: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info] dovish: Oxford Dictionaries [home, info] dovish: Collins English Dictionary [home, info] Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app. The most complete offline English dictionary app with over 600,000 words. Stay with me, it gets better. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? We're glad that you like the app! Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. I word share it on social media every day. Though I don’t pay for the premium so I can’t look up everything(especially names) it’s still extremely helpful. The best dictionary for English language learners, from Merriam-Webster. Instead it trooping to my basement and flipping for ages through gigantic, long, make your eyes bleed pages, I turn to my phone charging behind me and switch on this app. Search dovish and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. Posts about Uncategorized written by Olode Adekunle. What made you want to look up dove? Singular Nonbinary ‘They’: Is it ‘they are’ or ‘they is’? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). It’s a master class in shade throwing. You can complete the translation of dovish given by the English-French Collins dictionary with other dictionaries such as: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Larousse dictionary, Le Robert, Oxford, Grévisse, English-French dictionary : translate English words into French with online dictionaries. Occasionally I don’t, but I do find an acceptable substitute. Most of the time, I find the word I want. For your relationship to stand the test of time, you need to master “The Law of Common Ground” You need to find a common ground with whom ever you want to be in relationship with, unlike one law in physics which says “like pole repels and unlike pole attracts”. Merriam-Webster Inc. Send us feedback. Springfield, MA 01102, Advanced English Dictionary: Meanings & Definition, Spanish English Translator, Dictionary & Learning, Cookies help us deliver our services. I read books that often have unusual, or at least not in the common vernacular, words in them. Find another word for hawkish. Sometimes I hear this strange word on TV or see it in a novel I’m reading and wonder what it is. This is the best iOS app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? It awesome! Sometimes I’m doing school and something asks for the exact definition of a word. I love the app, and I use every day...usually several times a day. Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Hi, thanks for your review. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can remove ads for $2.99 per year with an in-app purchase charged to your iTunes account or $5.99 per year with additional resources. Funniest or most outrageous wins. (I know...this doesn’t really seem like a 5 star review, does it? I’m still in school, so something like a portable dictionary can be really handy. Learn More » Pacifism is opposition to war, militarism or violence. It’s a little tempting slice of the Quissitive app. I look up meanings of unfamiliar words, of course. All rights reserved. I typed in ‘lord’ in the thesaurus and it gave me ‘nabob’ and ‘nawab’ two Urdu words for a local Muslim governor in the Mogul Empire (so like a mix between governor, lord, tax collector, and sheriff). Download Merriam-Webster Dictionary and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. 21 synonyms and near synonyms of hawkish from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 15 antonyms and near antonyms. How to use pronouncement in a sentence. Delivered to your inbox! English Portuguese translation in context, Free: Learn English, French and other languages, Reverso Documents: translate your documents online, Learn English watching your favourite videos, All English definitions from our dictionary. And since I’m a writer, and I hate reusing a word too many times in an essay, paper, or story, the Thesaurus is a great and convenient tool that’s a nice little add on. Enter any letters to see what words can be formed from them. Learn a new word every day. Plus my family and I try to make up alternative definitions for the ‘Word of the Day’. Two others simply appeared in the forms of a, In some neighborhoods there are American sparrows and one of my favorite birds, the Inca, So Jefferson’s narrative rumbles along at ground level, on square wheels—no baptismal shock of light from above, no, The park's name came from the area's mountains, which look like a, Kardashian retweeted the photo and added two. Prices vary by location. 13th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1, Middle English, from Old English *dūfe; akin to Old High German tūba dove. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? But I use the thesaurus a lot. Delivered to your inbox! Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your Android device. When I am writing an email, or text, or posting on social media I frequently find myself searching my brain for a word that I know is perfect for the context, but my brain just can’t seem to grab onto. Synonyms: bloodthirsty, martial, warlike… Antonyms: dovish, pacific, pacifist… Find the right word. “Dovish.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/dovish. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies, By purchasing this item, you are transacting with Google Payments and agreeing to the Google Payments, Download the most popular Advance English Dictionary Offline & Thesaurus FREE. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Webster is just a few clicks and you’re to your definitions, and one more easy to see button will lead you to the thesaurus. I used to write them down and at the end of the day look them up in my physical dictionary or Encyclopedia set. Who's right? Enter a word to see if it's playable (up to 15 letters). LOG IN; REGISTER; settings. English learning and Spanish English translation dictionary by Britannica. This is the best Android app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building. All rights reserved. I also love the quizzes-they’re really unique and honestly do teach me words. I checked my spam folder, I tried unsubscribing and then subscribing again, but nothing. Some people say you should use dived, and some say you should use dove. Search hawkish and thousands of other words in English Cobuild dictionary from Reverso. Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Making an account is easy too! I go to the thesaurus and start putting in words that are similar, but not quite what I’m looking for. I can’t wait until next week’s comes out. How to use dove in a sentence. And I am absolutely LOVING the way they subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) throw shade at the current President and administration. any of various birds of the family Columbidae, having a heavy body, small head, short legs, and long pointed wings: order Columbiformes. GAMES; BROWSE THESAURUS; WORD OF THE DAY; WORDS AT PLAY. Hundreds of words to test your skills. With Reverso you can find the English translation, definition or synonym for dovish and thousands of other words. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Learn a new word every day. The word pacifism was coined by the French peace campaigner Émile Arnaud (1864–1921) and adopted by other peace activists at the tenth Universal Peace Congress in Glasgow in 1901.