If they had said my writing wasn't good enough, fair enough, that's an opinion. 2. More information... People also love these ideas This word "hacking" has slithered into so many different areas. Go find it and apologize.” — Alcho_Duck 7. Don't insult my intelligence … At every company that sells ads, a significant portion of their engineering team spends their day tuning data mining, writing better code to collect all your personal data. But to say it's too complex is to insult the intelligence of the so-called young. or "Do you really think I'm stupid enough to believe _________?". This phrase surely, surely means: "I am thrilled to death, my ego is swelling like my stomach after I eat the whole Wendy's menu, but I know I'm not supposed to gloat, so this is the PC thing to say, right? But to say it's too complex is to insult the intelligence of the so-called young. But to say it's too complex is to insult the intelligence of the so-called young. Does it mean chopping at growth? If they had said my writing wasn't good enough, fair enough, that's an opinion. Please forgive me, but I've never quite come to terms with this. "Don't insult my intelligence by tellling me such an obvious lie. Don't insult my intelligence, Murray quotes. These 10 Phrases Are an Insult to Everyone's Intelligence People always find new ways to say nothing. The meaning of this phrase is the same in all three examples. 5121 matching entries found. "Don't insult my intelligence by telling me such an obvious lie." Discover and share Insulting My Intelligence Quotes. Votes: 1, Millions of dollars' worth of advertising shows such little respect for the reader's intelligence that it amounts almost to outright insult. “I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this to you.” — UlicBelouve. If I asked you to explain the laws of gravity and you started by explaining the words "up" and "down," I would (quite reasonably) feel you had insulted my intelligence. ... but I don't want to appear insensitive." Could you please check whether my interpretation of the word 'humilty' makes sense. 1. From handmade jewelry and crafts, to vintage clothing and supplies you'll find what your creative soul craves on ArtFire. ", Another way of saying the same thing is "Do you really think I'm that stupid?" It's used most often by celebrities who look upon their assembled masses and thinks of them as little tweeps. ", 2. Votes: 6 The private citizen, beset by partisan appeals for the loan of his Public Opinion, will soon see, perhaps, that these appeals are not a compliment to his intelligence, but an imposition on his good nature and an insult to his sense of evidence. Salvador Dali, http://pinterest.com/pin/384424518164452874/, http://pinterest.com/pin/343610646541357202/, http://enchantingminds.net/not-lie-bothers-insult-intelligence-find-offensive-anonymous/, http://pinterest.com/pin/50102614577258487/, http://funny-quotes.picphotos.net/insults-my-intelligence-intelligence-lies-meetville-quotes, http://someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/mjaxnc0yytkzmdbimwexmzywymzl, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/341781059193346596/, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553802085400792127/. May 7, 2017 - don't insult my intelligence quotes - Bing images I'm finding this one has gone beyond annoying and exasperating and is hurtling toward life-threatening. I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said. Below you will find various art prints, collectibles and other gifts featuring designs by African-American artists featuring Black angels. Insulting the electorate and accusing it of spiritual weakness and sinfulness are not the ways to get yourself the job of president. And it's profoundly simple. ", 3. I can sell it. If they had said my writing wasn't good enough, fair enough, that's an opinion. Inspirational Quotes Pictures Great Quotes Quotes To Live By You Lied Quotes Left Out Quotes Naive Quotes Promise Quotes Inspiring Pictures Quotable Quotes Great Quotes Quotes To Live By You Lied Quotes Left Out Quotes Naive Quotes Promise Quotes Inspiring Pictures Quotable Quotes Success can be measured in many different ways however the result is when you reach the goals you set out for. Love this quote, and getting this for Lexie. Votes: 0, Insulting the electorate and accusing it of spiritual weakness and sinfulness are not the ways to get yourself the job of president. 6. The problem with holistic management is it's so profoundly simple, but it's not easy. Apple released a new ad, launched a new ad, peddled a new ad, tossed a new ad out there in the hope it makes the company more money. “Somewhere out there, there’s a tree whose single purpose on earth is to replace the oxygen you waste. In example 1, someone who lies to the speaker "insults his intelligence" because the person thinks that the speaker is too stupid to realize he's lying. I can even use it as collateral in case I want to get a loan to buy something at Prada. Or Winston Churchill. Hackers are generally disruptive -- in the original meaning of the word. Votes: 3, Insulting the electorate and accusing it of spiritual weakness and sinfulness are not the ways to get yourself the job of president. This phrase has somehow come to mean: "I did something wrong. Don't insult my intelligence by believing I don't know when your lying. Public officials insult our intelligence and our goodwill when they paint rosy pictures about budgets, jobs, bipartisanship, and transparency, and alter their positions on issues simply to keep collecting their paycheck by never disagreeing or disappointing anyone. Get your answers by asking now. They're just there, crawling all over. That girl can read like ten thick chapter books within three days!! Related Topics Millions of dollars' worth of advertising shows such little respect for the reader's intelligence that it amounts almost to outright insult. It's just the fans don't know who it is, and that's what makes it so intriguing. Insulting the electorate and accusing it of spiritual weakness and sinfulness are not the ways to get yourself the job of president. your own Pins on Pinterest Why can't these critics just say that what's been uttered is "offensive," 'ignorant," or "thoroughly, irredeemably stupid"? (Do you think I'm stupid? I could be wrong, of course. They're not the wimpy chapter books either. You're almost insulting people's intelligence to explain it twice, just about making better decisions of where you want to go in your life, bringing in environmental, social, economic issues simultaneously. 1. Perhaps it means chopping at a growth. Votes: 1, Pro wrestling is not fake; it's sports entertainment. "No offense, but" is the beginning of a sentence which comprises this thought: "I think what you've just said is so thoroughly ignorant that I would dearly love to headbutt you, but I don't want to appear insensitive.". Insulting (151 quotes). Don't insult my intelligence by making such ridiculous excuses. Every time someone says it, it makes me think they're desperately trying to get admitted to some spiritual retreat, but the retreat knows something about their past, so they're practicing their sensitivity. "Don't insult my intelligence by tellling me such an obvious lie." I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said. Showing search results for "Dont Insult My Intelligence" sorted by relevance. Intelligence (550 quotes). (Don't try to con me), It means the same thing in all those Qs,'please don't think I am stupid enough not to recognize the fact you are lying to me/making stupid excuses etc'. No one feels it at all. Don't insult my intelligence by believing I don't know when your lying! 3. Pro wrestling is not fake; it's sports entertainment. Or I could be Rahm. Hello, What is the meaning of "don't insult my intelligence" in general and what does it mean in the following sentences? We mimic the mind of God, so to speak. It is also used when a person is being patronized or is feeling like someone is speaking down to him or her. Kurt Angle The every-girl's guide to living gorgeously - DDG is the home of doable beauty, bake-able cakes, and all the trend & style advice you'll ever need! Inspirational Quotes Pictures Great Quotes Quotes To Live By Left Out Quotes Inspiring Pictures Quotable Quotes Funny Quotes Hilarious Sayings Truth Quotes. Why does it always seem to me to mean: "Yes, yes. Our goal is to help you by delivering amazing quotes to bring inspiration, personal growth, love and happiness to your everyday life. Pro wrestling is not fake; it's sports entertainment. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. It's just the fans don't know who it is, and that's what makes it so intriguing. Well, that's what my PR people tell me.". Votes: 1, Public officials insult our intelligence and our goodwill when they paint rosy pictures about budgets, jobs, bipartisanship, and transparency, and alter their positions on issues simply to keep collecting their paycheck by never disagreeing or disappointing anyone.