Clauses, phrases and sentences are very similar, but they do have different roles. On the other hand, some are very polluted. English Sentences with Audio Linked to Spanish Sentences with Audio (Updated: 2020-09-02), NGSL - Level 1 (according to er-central.com/ogte) - List started on Dec. 2017. All sentences have an independent clause, but all compound sentences have at least two independent clauses. Browse by tag, chevron_right In the form of short to medium length short stories, readers will experience a new way of learning a second language. One way to create sentences for diagramming with either the parse tree or Reed-Kellogg diagram is to use cards from a word game such as You’ve Been Sentenced, in which players have to build sentences from the words on the cards. Browse audio, chevron_right Show random sentence, chevron_right These, when used in the right way, can take your article to a whole new level. 1. Do you want to speak a few words to someone you know who speaks french? Learning the difference between them will help you make a lot more sense of English grammar, and will be very useful to improve your written English. This example is composed of two independent clauses, “he went out to dinner” and “he didn’t enjoy the meal”, combined with a conjunction- “but”. 2 . Zufälligen Satz anzeigen. While clauses, phrases and sentences might seem very similar at first, on closer look you can start to see how they function very differently. Nach Sprache durchsuchen. I think some Italian cities are very beautiful but some are very polluted. Phrases can be very short – or quite long. “He went out to dinner but didn’t enjoy the meal.”. E.g. linked by an unknown member, date unknown, edited by marcelostockle, February 11, 2012, linked by marcelostockle, February 11, 2012, linked by seveleu_dubrovnik, June 27, 2019, linked by dotheduyet1999, August 15, 2020. Nach Liste durchsuchen Some Italian cities are very beautiful, but others are very polluted. I don´t understand, would you spell that please? Do you want to correct these sentences? Still have questions? Browse by list, chevron_right Sometimes you need to have them and times when having them can be in trouble. 1 . Two examples of phrases are: Phrases can’t be used alone, but you can use them as part of a sentence, where they are used as parts of speech. Browse by language, chevron_right Using it in a sentence could be, for example: "Do you wanna go get a slushy?" 2- I think that some Italian cities are very beautiful, but some are very polluted. Words can be grouped together, but without a subject or a verb. Clauses may be combined using conjunctions – such as “and”, “but” and “or”. Unlike phrases, a clause can sometimes act as a sentence – this type of clause is called an independent clause. 4 Great Novels that Will Help You Learn English. Could you tell me the correct spelling please? There are three types of conditional sentences. 2. To make sure you use them correctly, it’s important to practice identifying them. Would you like to get language learning tips sent straight to your inbox? I don't understand, could you please spell it out? 1. What do you think of the answers? I think that some Italian cities are very beautiful, but others are very polluted. He was not served with notice because he is presently abroad.? Clauses are groups of words that have both subjects and predicates. 1. You might need a master degree to understand them. Can someone that speak Chinese or Japanese tell me what does it say. All Rights Reserved List of all members, chevron_right 2-I think that some italian cities is very beautyful , but some is very polluted. I don't understand , can you spell me it please? Languages of members, chevron_right This is a structure that must contain a verb, and it tells you something about what the subject is doing. Then continue reading This book is aimed for an audience that has a strong desire to travel to French-speaking countries such as France, Eastern Canada, Africa and a few other European countries. I think that some Italian cities are very beautiful. 1. i don't understand, could you spell it please, 2. i think that some Italian cities are very beautiful, but some are very polluted. Is this correct grammar.? I think that some italian city's are beautifull,but some can be very polluted and i dont like those city's.I love clean fresh air so my lungs stay nice and clean. If a stranger call me, should I say "Who is this" as the first sentence? Clauses, phrases and sentences are very similar, but they do have different roles. 2. Get answers by asking now. Your sentence was not added because the following already exists. 2. This isn’t always the case, and some clauses can’t be used on their own – these are called subordinate clauses, and need to be used with an independent clause to complete their meaning. For it to be correct, it would need to be paired with another clause: “When the man broke into the house, the dog barked at him.”. I don't understand, can you spell it for me please. 2. Relevance . I don't understand, can you spell it for me please? More complex sentences can combine multiple clauses or phrases to add additional information about what is described. 2-I think that some italian cities is very beautyful , but some is very polluted. Conditional sentences are sometimes confusing for learners of English as a second language. In … Watch out: Which type of conditional sentences is it? This is called a phrase. 1-I don't understand , spellin please. Register, chevron_right An example of a subordinate clause is “When the man broke into the house”, An example of an independent clause is “the dog barked at him”, While the independent clause could be used by itself as a complete sentence, the subordinate clause could not. b. You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. Where is the if-clause (e.g. The most common conjunction that you know is “and.” Other common conjunctions are for, but, or, yet, and so. Privacy Policy, Clause, Phrase, Sentence – Learn the Difference. We cannot determine yet whether this sentence was initially derived from translation or not. Yeah your english is ok but you have made some spelling mistakes but good luck i hope you can learn more english. I dont understand,can you spell the word for me please? And if you would like to learn English with people from all over the world - check out our range of language courses abroad at Eurocentres.com, © Eurocentres