Worth it's weight in gold. The plunger can be positioned along the arm of the crank to select which circle of holes you wish the indexing pin to engage. I am not refering to degrees or radians, so don't think in those units. It's a snap with a dividing head. Dieses Programm gehört zur Kategorie "Bürosoftware" und Unterkategorie "Rechner". But that is beyond the scope of this discussion. Any item held in the lathe's chuck can now be scribed or gashed simply by mounting the tool on the lathe's toolpost. Here's a tougher one: divide that circle into 67 equal parts. Use any whole number to represent complete turns, and use the denominator to determine the index plate to use. Download. The spreadsheet has been produced by Christopher Taylor. Sie können Dividing Head Calculator unter Windows XP/7/8/10 32-Bit ausführen. For more information and discussion, please see the thread HERE. Please click here, Sign up to our Special Offers  Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop, Sign up to our Newsletters  Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist! DIVIDING HEAD CALCULATOR ===== The primary purpose of a dividing head is to divide a circle into any number of equal segments (sometimes referred to as divisions) as is required for gear cutting, machining spokes, etc. Unsere Antiviren-Analyse hat ergeben, dass dieser Download frei von Schadsoftware ist. To use it, enter the worm ratio for the table at the top and the number of teeth/divisions required. Example: The indexing required to cut 8 flutes would be: 40 = 5 full turns of the index crank. Most units are made with a 40:1 reduction in the worm, such that 40 turns of the crank will rotate the spindle through one full turn. The spreadsheet has been produced by Christopher Taylor. Dividing Head Calculator is a simple program to help mechanical engineers and students. Unfortunely this flange has a 13 hole bolt pattern; but fortunately we have a dividing head mounted on our drill press or milling machine table: Or in other words, 3 turns of the crank plus 1/13th of a turn per division. With one of these, divisions between 2 and about 400,000 are possible. 06-30-2008, 05:59 PM #2. Dividing Head Calculation Spreadsheet. Pictured below is an example of a typical unit. First of all, I made a 360 tooth worm gear set using the technique described in my wormgear making article with the blank bored to match the back of one of my lathe chucks and holes drilled to match the handy bolt pattern already present on the back of the chuck. Think divisions. If (or when) you decide to make your own dividing apparatus, a setup similar to the wormgear-making fixture described in my article on cutting wormgears will be a good starting point. (Well, silver anyway! The spindle is provided with the means to mount a chuck or collet attachment for holding a workpiece. How do you figure out the right number of holes per plate for this application? You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. The worm is mounted in bearings contained in a wide U-shaped assembly of aluminum which was made to slide along the lathe ways under the chuck and rotate into position, meshing the worm to the wheel where it is retained in place by a thumbscrew against the back of the far lathe way. These hole circles usually come on a set of two or three plates. Divisions = the number of divisions you require in the finished work piece. I have a dividing head with a 40:1 ratio. Designed to help his father with the calculations to cut varying number of toothed wheels. These units are usually mounted such that the spindle's axis can be tilted through 90 degrees, to provide an additional axis of adjustment. Der eigentliche Entwickler dieses kostenlosen Programms ist Stephen O'Reilly. The setup I currently use for making setting circles, gashing gear blanks, and other jobs of that nature is similar to the setup described by Allan Mackintosh in Advanced Telescope Making Techniques, Vol. The numbers selected in the rings of holes will be arranged so the division by any number up to 50 is possible. The last time I checked (just now) index plates with these hole circles were commonly supplied: 24, 25, 28, 30, 34, 37, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 46, 47, 49, 51, 53, 54, 57, 58, 59, 62, and 66. Trusted Windows (PC) download Dividing Head Calculator 4.0.0060. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues. Please click here, Sign up to Special Offers  Sign up to our Newsletter or Special Offers, Whitworth BSW 3/16” die and taps Let Hand Thread. So we must divide the circle of the shaft into 4 parts: It doesn't matter which hole circle we use on the index plate since we have only complete revolutions of the crank to make for each advance of the spindle. 2. These indexing plates are usually interchangeable to provide a wide variety of choices for n, so that one turn of the spindle can be divided into a great variety of equal parts. I don't have many plates for this dividing head. Instead of only 40 turns of the crank per revolution of the spindle as with a standard dividing head, this setup requires 360 turns, providing 9 times the resolution (crank turns = 360/N) and also allows quick mental changes between the two concepts of divisions and degrees. calculating dividing head Hello, I am trying to machine a 71 teeth gear. You can then use a little ingenuity to mount the worm with a crank and hole circle plate, a clamp for rigidity, and a means to mount a workpiece on top. This will provide the basic functionality for use with a drill press. So to proceed, we set the plunger over our 39 hole circle (3x13 = 39), advance the crank a turn or so to take up any play in the divider, clamp the spindle, drill the first hole, unclamp the spindle, turn the crank 3 full turns plus 3 holes in our 39 hole circle, clamp the spindle, drill the second hole, unclamp, crank 3 turns plus 3 holes, clamp, drill, unclamp, 3 turns plus 3 holes, clamp, drill, unclamp, crank, clamp, drill, unclamp, crank, drill, unclamp, crank... Easy.