And get the glove that comes with it to apply it and make sure u exfoliate beforehand, you’ll be good to go . Your email address will not be published. Awh thank you! Tieghan, what makes these scones so moist? Was looking for a cinnamon scones recipe to make for a friend and these looked so good – just made them and they are so good!! Also, my glaze wasn’t nearly as opaque as the gorgeousness in the recipe photos (too much maple syrup?) Try the butter beer! I assumed you adjust your recipes for main-stream baking? Add powdered sugar, maple syrup, heavy cream, vanilla and salt to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Thanks for the tips! Please let me know if you have any other questions:) xTieghan. Dump the mixture onto a pastry mat or a piece of parchment paper and pat into a 1/2-inch thick circle. So excited about the trip! Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. For the Scones: 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/3 cup granulated sugar 2 tsp baking powder ½ tsp baking soda ½ tsp salt 1 tsp cinnamon 1/8 tsp nutmeg 1/8 tsp allspice 1/8 tsp ground clove 8 Tb frozen salted butter ½ cup plain greek yogurt 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla 1-1/2 cups apple peeled and chopped finely Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix. When glaze has hardened, store in an air tight container for 3 to 4 days. (: Just tried these… They’re delicious, but I think I did too much buttermilk over the tops since mine were definitely cooked through but didn’t get golden brown on top. Plus, I’m super excited because I actually have a 4 day vacation coming up and it’s going to be so awesome. Your email address will not be published. xTieghan. Drizzle over the scones. So happy you guys liked them, thank you!! Literally we have been planning this trip for months… and pushing it back for months… BUT it’s finally happening, we are going! the perfect pairing with crisp fall apples. A few questions / comments: before the scones cook, you say brush with buttermilk — should the recipe say “then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar”? In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon. Can’t wait to make them again! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack…and man, even dessert. I used an ice cream scoop to portion them into 10 mounds rather than patting them out and slicing them, that’s just how I prefer my scones. Plus, I’m planning a fun little post for Sunday where we can talk all things life. ), you’re really the best for planning this all . Ooo I will have to check it out! my thinking is no. YESS. This will yield a tender, flakier scone since the dough will be handled less. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Meanwhile, make the glaze. It was surprisingly simple and scones turned out sooo moist. The glaze is absolutely fantastic! . I will be sharing four new fall inspired drink recipes along with an Instagram Story on how to make my favorite Spooky Witch’s Brew! Ultimately I would guess it needs about twice as much butter. Especially if you’re a fruity dessert lover. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Really, all I can say is YUMMM. Also, Asher will be SO happy (i know I would! , can you really do a baked apple treat without cinnamon? Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I am so excited for Asher, I was almost jumping out of my chair at 5am!! xTieghan. Yes I am so excited for it!! It may be a little crumbly still. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. I just like to use the cinnamon sugar to taste, so sprinkle some one, taste and add more if desired. Your email address will not be published. Hmmm, think that would work, but they might have a little on the dense side. Add the butter to saucepan. Lol! Oh my gosh! There’s no number before cup or unit of measure after 1/4. Thank you! It didn’t matter for taste, but for presentation, they would have looked so nice if they glaze hardened. I try to, so that it works for everyone! xTieghan. Wow this is absolutely beautiful. for sprinkling (mix 1/4 sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon). Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Thank you Natalie! Just made them for my family and extra kids who slept over and it got very quiet when everyone started eating. Using a bench scraper or knife coated in cooking spray or oil cut the dough into 8 wedges. https://peppermintdolly.com/2016/04/12/final-potter-day/, Hope you guys have an amazing time, if Asher is anything like me when it comes to HP, she’s going to lose her mind with excitement!! I know we are just coming out of summer and I should be tan as ever and all, but I am beyond pasty. What a great idea and what a guy! Please let me know if you have any questions at all. xTieghan. Made these for Sunday breakfast following Thanksgiving. … I know, craziness! I love that the scones themselves aren’t too sweet, just perfectly spiced. The atmosphere changes, I feel. Cut into 8 pieces and move to a parchment lined baking sheet. Oh wow I can almost smell these scones through my screen, they look amazing! Thanks so much for trying the recipe, I am so glad you enjoyed!! I will be making these again. I just mentioned about your trip too I know it was coming up. Oh my lord, these look beyond delicious!!! Mix together. I don’t know about you but I love a scone. I just made these and while the scones are great the glaze is awesome. Remove from the oven and let cool for several minutes. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Lay out a pastry mat or piece of parchment paper. The glaze IS absolutely delicious, but wondering if it ever will set.