It's really pretty simple and a great dinner or lunch option that only requires a few ingredients - dough, sauce, cheese and toppings! Deep Dish Cast Iron Pizza should definitely be the recipe for your next family pizza night. If you're in a hurry, use store-bought dough or grab some from your favorite local I want to see all the toppings you choose! The Secret to Perfect Pizza at Home? Since we make pizza quite a bit, once a week I make my favorite homemade pizza dough and keep it on hand for impromptu pizza nights. Everyone will love it! This step makes it easier to stretch the dough. I love cooking in cast iron whenever I can because it's a nice non-toxic alternative to traditional nonstick pans that tend to have a lot of harmful chemicals. You just have to try it. Add garlic salt and … It's a great recipe to get kids involved in the kitchen too, which I'm always a big fan of. 1. I love cooking in cast iron whenever I can because it's a nice non-toxic alternative to traditional nonstick pans that tend to have a lot of harmful chemicals. Grease the cast iron pans with butter or oil and place the dough in the pans to just come up the sides. Roll into a ball and … 4. 5. Deep Dish Cast Iron Pizza is inspired by the classic Chicago style deep dish pizza so many people (including my whole family) know and love. Sprinkle work surface lightly with flour, divide the dough in half and using your hands or a rolling pin, roll out the dough into an even circle. What's not to love? You can also slide the pizza onto a cutting board and then cut into wedges. This recipe can absolutely be made with store bought pizza dough (there are a lot of quality ones out there) and be ready in just about 45 minutes. Leave the dough for a few minutes to rest and then roll out one more time to be 1 inch larger than the cast iron pans. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well, then slowly add water and melted butter until the … Almost every Friday my family and I do pizza night and have come up with a lot of new fun ways to make pizza like Pizza Pinwheels, Pizza Muffins or Pizza Balls, but there's something about a classic deep dish pizza that we absolutely love. Top with half of the marinara sauce, sprinkle with cheese and desired toppings. I think the reason our family is so pizza obsessed is because it's such a customizable dish. 3. My favorite part about Deep Dish Pizza is how deliciously crispy the crust gets because of the cast iron skillet it's cooked in (we use 6" to 9" cast irons so that the crust doesn't get too thin). Is there anything better? Tag me on social media with your creations. You can press it down with your fingers to keep its shape. Knead in extra flour if needed. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. 6. I can't even explain how good! pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, onions, pineapple, ham, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. The way the crust remains doughy, while being crisp on the outside is so delicious. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cast-Iron Favorite Pizza Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home It's always a win-win with everyone leaving the dinner table fully satisfied. Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease the bottom and sides of cast-iron frying pan with olive oil and lightly … Cast Iron - The New York … Pizza. Cook the sausage rounds until they turn brown on each side, 8 to 10 minutes. We can make one with only vegetarian toppings for Kenya or with dairy-free cheese for Gemma, and maybe a meat lovers for Chloe. It's perfectly crispy on the outside, doughy on the inside, and piled with lots of cheese and toppings! Remove pizza dough several hours before baking pizzas to bring the dough to room temperature. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the pizza into slices. I set out to make this recipe for Kenya (he loves deep dish), and the results were so incredibly yummy that he's begged me to make it once a week ever since! My favorite part about Deep Dish Pizza is how deliciously crispy the crust gets because of the cast iron skillet it's cooked in (we use 6" to 9" cast irons so that the crust doesn't get too thin). 7. Turn mixer to the lowest setting and slowly add 2 cups flour 1/2 cup at a time.