Sliced tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, pepperoni, olives, oregano, and a simple olive oil sauce. I'm Jennifer, a home-cook of some 30-plus years. Well, I’m happy to oblige. In fact, if you start an hour out, you can cook the sausage while the dough rises. If you prefer a thinner crust, just use less pizza dough! Absolutely delicious if you like deep dish pizza. Giving frozen bread dough a brushing of olive oil mixed with a bit of seasonings before pre-baking results in AMAZING flavor and a crispier crust. I loved the crust, which is primarily what I used this recipe for. I can hardly blame him. While you may be tempted to put mozzarella on the top, trust me, a dusting of Parmesan is all you need, as there is plenty of cheese inside this one. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and put the bowl in the fridge overnight. My favorite way of thawing the Rhodes Frozen Dough is to put the frozen dough into a large bowl that is sprayed with cooking spray. For thin pizza crusts, they usually will be fully cooked in the 5-7 minutes a homemade pizza needs to cook at high heats.For deeper crusts, cranking the heat up towards the end of baking helps to ensure you have a full cook AND a crispy bottom. Remove the dough to a well-oiled large bowl and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour. But this pizza - this is the one he really loves. Here are the simple ingredients you will need ... Want to add a Cast Iron Skillet to your kitchen? You know I love Rhode's Bake-N-Serv for SO MANY recipes. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. If your skillet is larger, it will still work, but will be a little thinner, so cooking time may be a bit less. The crust on this one is different from my usual pizza crust. Heating the cast iron and crisping the dough before it goes into the oven worked perfectly. Bake in pre-heated 425° F. oven for about 30 minutes. Cast iron yields an exceptional crust. I am in love with this recipe!!! Ham, pineapple, jalapeno, mozzarella cheese, and traditional pizza sauce. Don't add those toppings straight to the dough...bake the dough first. When we pre-bake the crust we help that bottom crispen up and not get soggy. « Easy Chickpea Arugula Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing, Almond Joy Coconut Milk Ice Cream [vegan, df] ». Homemade ranch dressing from Rach's Cowboy Pan Pizza; Hot honey sauce from Rach's Hot Blonde Pan Pizza Your email address will not be published. Are looking for simple, seasonal and delicious everyday recipes? Utilize frozen bread dough and your cast iron pan to create the ultimate deep dish pizza with ease! Me, too! We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. If it's sticky, dust with more flour as needed. All opinions are my own. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. When dough is ready, scrape onto a well-floured surface (dough will seem sticky at this point, but will be fine with the additional flour on the counter. Can instant (quick-rise) yeast be substituted for active dry yeast in this recipe? Copyright © 2020 Seasons and SuppersAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When making this recipe, we use a lower temperature at first because of the thickness of the crust (nobody wants doughy crust) and then crank it up to get that nice crispy crust and golden brown edge. Once baked, this pizza is sturdy enough to be able to pop the whole thing nicely and easily out of the skillet and on to a cutting board. (store bought or see Note 1 below for optional homemade). We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. I know that because he tells me that each and every time I make it. This one would fit the bill perfectly! The amount of dough in the recipe below is perfect for a 10-inch top diameter skillet. Prosciutto, sliced pears, arugula, and goat cheese. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Good! Cook sausage in a skillet, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon, until cooked and browned. Fresh basil, like in Rach's Tangy, Spicy Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza (watch her make this one in the video above!) Reply. I've learned a lot from getting dinner on the table all these years! Take extra time to oil up your pans or stones and pre-heat them. Cover the bottom of pizza completely with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese. If crust is dark enough, cover loosely with a sheet of tinfoil and cook about 10 minutes longer, to be sure the crust is cooked. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of all the cookies. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. It's perfect with the hearty fillings and part of what makes this dish sliceable :) As such, while you could use a ready-made pizza dough in place of this one, it will cook and taste differently and may not hold up as well with all the fillings. Turn the heat up to 425 degrees and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. More information in my Privacy Policy. Homemade pizza, topped with fresh pear, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella. All opinions are my own. Sprinkle the top generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This easy deep dish pizza is filled with cheese and sausage and uses a quick and easy homemade dough, all cooked up in a cast iron skillet! While dough is rising, cook your sausage. They also adore hot hot pans, particularly pizza stones. Mistake #1: Using high moisture veggies without pre-cooking or salting.Veggies that contain high moisture content (tomatoes are one!) Cast Iron Pizza Recipe While I was researching how to make this cast iron pizza lasagna I came across some great deep dish pizza recipes and lasagna recipes. Full of old-fashioned flavor and perfect for customizing to your family's pizza loves...you'll be making this pizza again and again! If it isn't stretching nicely give it about 10-15 minutes to rest and try again. Required fields are marked *. Holy cow! This cast-iron skillet pizza recipe makes a very thick, deep-dish crust. Easy recipe and clear directions. Full of old-fashioned flavor and perfect for customizing to your family's pizza loves...you'll be making this pizza again and again! Likewise, cover the entire bottom of the pizza with cheese, for the best pizza experience :). Try my easy Cinnamon Rolls, Almond Pull-Apart Bread, Hot Ham & Swiss Sliders, or Baked Brie bread bowls....just to name a few! By using this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policy. Shaved beef, green peppers, onion, mushroom, provolone cheese, and a beef gravy. Home » Blog » Recipes » Dinner » Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza: The secrets for perfect results! Do you love classic, homey, comforting food, but with a modern, real food update? Quickly assemble the pizza once the dough has risen for the hour and pop it in to the oven for 35-40 minutes. Be sure to cut your mozzarella cheese in thick slices - 1/2 inch or so - to get the full, ooey-gooey, melted cheese experience. Remove from the oven and add your sauce, pepperoni, cheeses, and fresh basil. Discard casing. Love using frozen bread dough and rolls from Rhode's Bake-N-Serv, like me? Mistake #3: Not preparing your pan.Crispy bottoms LOVE a bit of oil on the pan to help them crisp up. Top with all of the pizza sauce, spreading it to cover the sausage. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicago-style-deep-dish-pizza Mix the olive oil, garlic powder, basil, and oregano together and lightly brush it on to your prepared crust. Namely, it gets really hot and stays really hot. You’re using an entire pound of pizza dough for a 9 inch round pizza. Turn off heat under skillet and set aside until needed. After all, Chicago pizzerias use cast iron to make deep dish pizza and it has qualities that are sure to make for good pie. Using their products keeps my life easy and delicious. First, it has cornmeal in it, with gives it great flavour and texture. — just don't forget to let the pizza cool before you add this, or else your basil will turn black! You are Here: Home » Main Course Recipes » Easy Skillet Deep Dish Pizza, Jul 18, 2017 | by Jennifer | Last Updated: May 2, 2020. These cookies do not store any personal information. loaf Rhodes Bake-N-Serv frozen bread dough, thawed. Layers of cheese, sausage and bacon, topped off with a great pizza sauce and Parmesan cheese. Utilize frozen bread dough and your cast iron pan to create the ultimate deep dish pizza with ease! I wish I checked your blog before I made dinner that night (deep dish vegi pizza in my Cast Iron Friend.. I used vegan cheese and meatless meatballs and it came out great! Remove the seeds from tomatoes and other seeded veggies. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Taco meat, tomatoes, olives, onion, and taco sauce. Add more flour in small increments, until you achieve a soft dough that is neither too sticky or too stiff. If your sausage is links in casing, cut a slit down the casing and remove the sausage from the casing. Lightly spray your cast iron pan (I like to use a 10 or 12 inch pan) with cooking spray or brush with oil. I pinky swear-you need to try this! COPYRIGHT © 2020 NELLIEBELLIE ON THE SEASONED PRO THEME | PRIVACY POLICY, Make your Own: Household & Beauty Products. Most importantly though, I love sharing the joy of cooking at home, with simple, delicious and seasonally-inspired recipes. Think of this one as an upside down pizza, as the cheese is on the bottom, followed by the meat and then topped with the sauce. Hi Linda, I haven't tried quick rise, but my gut says it would work, because of the short rising period. After a few minutes you will find much of the moisture has come out of them. Use the homemade pizza sauce recipe included or feel free to use a store-bought pizza sauce. I guess you guys want to know how to make pizza in a skillet! That flour, however, reduces all that good meltiness you want on pizza. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The cheese you buy in the store that comes already shredded needs to be mixed with a bit of flour to keep it from clumping in the bags. If you were to ask my husband, there would be no question that he would pick this as his favourite pizza.