Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Beat the icing sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Easy to make. Stir through the 100g melted chocolate. Use the tag #YouAreBaker when posting a photo of your recipe, and make sure to follow @IAmBaker on Instagram! This is surprisingly easy to do! Put 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tin and divide the mix evenly between them. Add sugar, sour cream, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, orange extract, and orange zest to the chocolate mixture. Required fields are marked *. With the deep, rich frosting and the flavor combo of orange and chocolate, I assume that this recipe will be better received by adults than kids. Put the buttercream in a piping bag, snip a 1. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. To freeze the cupcakes, let them cool completely after baking them. Whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil and milk. Chocolate and orange are perfect together in these fudgy morsels. Decorate with some extra orange zest and a grating of dark chocolate. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Learn how your comment data is processed. Fold in the flour until the mixture is smooth then stir through the milk. Please contact me for permission to use my original images. Dark, milk, or white chocolate. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and once the milk is boiling, pour over the chocolate and mix together until glossy. Design by Lindsay Humes. Course: Dessert. Then, reduce the heat to a simmer and add the orange. 374 calories; protein 2.5g 5% DV; carbohydrates 54.7g 18% DV; fat 17.8g 27% DV; cholesterol 48mg 16% DV; sodium 60mg 2% DV. If necessary, beat in additional orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until frosting is spreadable. I will note that my kids devoured these in no time, but my kiddos are serious chocoholics. Repeat to make 12-15. Add butter and pulse until combined. Now, the combination is used in many desserts from cheesecake to my Chocolate and Orange Cake. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit undisturbed for two minutes. Mix flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and baking powder together in a food processor. So you don’t just have orange as the frosting you have it in the cupcake. A combination of orange extract, orange zest and two kinds of chocolate make these cupcakes extra flavorful and delicious! Making your own chocolate curls is sure to impress and is easier to do than you may think, why not give it a try? Chocolate Orange Cupcakes. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and 2 tablespoons orange juice until smooth. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Put your cupcake cases into a muffin tin. Once the chocolate is just set but not completely hard, carefully push a large, sharp knife into the surface, then push away from you at a 45° angle to form a curl. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Start by cleaning the orange. after a few days in the fridge the cupcakes tasted better and more moist. To get an orange puree, there is no peeling necessary (but you may want to make sure any bumps or marks are cut off the orange). But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Delicious and Easy Family Friendly Recipes, Published October 28, 2019, Updated August 21, 2020. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside. Pour the mixture into the lined muffin tin, filling about 3/4 of the way full. This recipe was inspired by @ggthegardengirl on TikTok. My family recently returned from a Disney cruise. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, but no raw batter. Congrats! Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 325°F. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Put the sugar, flour, cocoa, pinch of salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Here’s how to make them: This is a fudgy, creamy and intensely chocolaty Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. All images and content are copyright protected. Carefully transfer the orange and 1/2 cup of the water to a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. Hope this helps! I found this to be very dry cup cake. As soon as we got home I started working on creating a similar cupcake that I could share with you. Meanwhile, make the icing. I'll definitely make these again. These Chocolate Orange Cupcakes are moist chocolate cupcakes made with orange puree to give a hint of fresh and zesty orange flavor in every bite. Whisk in orange extract. Haha! Freeze un-iced cakes only. Whisk milk, melted dark chocolate, and egg together in a measuring cup. During the cruise we had Halloween-themed Chocolate Orange Cupcakes. In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. Whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil and milk. How hot the room is may affect how the chocolate sets so check regularly and pop in the fridge for just a few minutes if a very hot day. Bring the milk and orange essence to the boil in a pan. Place the chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl, set aside. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and brought to room temperature before serving. Please enter a valid UK or Ireland mobile phone number, 40 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook, plus cooling and setting. Bake in the … Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a smooth mixture. I like to hold it on with a dishtowel just to be extra safe.). Fluffy and moist Chocolate Orange Cupcakes topped with a rich whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Beat together the butter and sugar. Put 12 cupcake cases in a 12-hole tin. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes. Put 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tin and divide the mix evenly between them. You can use it when you are making a small amount of corn bread also. The key to a lovely orange color in the buttercream is adding cooked orange syrup. Place the bowl of ganache in your refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until thickened to a consistency similar to a thin nut butter or Nutella. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add the pureed orange (which should have cooled slightly by now) to the mixture. Treat family and friends to these decadent cupcakes with chocolate orange-flavoured sponge and buttercream topping. To give them a moist brownie-like texture, I add mayonnaise. Bake for 25 mins or until a cocktail stick comes out clean. We use cookies and similar technologies (“cookies”) to help give you the best experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising. Be careful not to overbake. When chocolate was drunk as a beverage, it was paired with orange flower water for an orange flower water cocktail. I bake, frost and serve them on the same day. Fibre 1.4g. Required fields are marked *. Leave to cool. Thank you for this yummy idea. Your email address will not be published. They were absolutely delicious! With video. Info. Then, add the pureed orange to the mix. Lastly, bake for 20-22 minutes. If you can’t find in at your grocery store, it’s also available on Amazon. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. © 2020 i am baker. 16. They include a combination of cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips for a deep chocolate flavor. These Dark Chocolate Orange Cupcakes are so intense in flavors! Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pan and place them directly on the rack to cool completely. Garnish with sprinkles. Simmer for 1 hour. chocolate buttercream and pipe on top of the cooled cupcakes to decorate This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with liners. Meanwhile, proceed with the frosting. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a smooth mixture. I will let you know how to do that first. Pour the mixture into the lined muffin tin. Beat 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. I made sure to consume a fair number of those cupcakes because 1) that’s what you do on a cruise, and 2) recipe development! In a large bowl, whisk cocoa powder, chocolate chips, espresso powder, and boiling water until smooth and combined (the chocolate chips should be completely melted). Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Chocolate and orange are a natural together. Reduce heat to simmer and add one large orange to the pan. Add sour cream, oil, eggs, sugar, extracts, and orange zest and whisk until well combined. These cupcakes are a chocolate and orange lover’s dream! I believe the mayo is a substitute for eggs, so you might be able to use unsweetened applesauce in place of it. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. And boy, zest really does add flavor. Heat orange juice and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar together over low heat until sugar has dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. It is made with only three ingredients: chocolate chips, cream and orange extract. Fluffy and moist Chocolate Orange Cupcakes topped with a rich whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Carefully spoon orange juice mixture over warm cupcakes and set aside to cool completely, 15 to 30 minutes more. Let the orange simmer in the water for about an hour. NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Whip until fluffy and lightened in color - this happens fairly quickly. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../chocolate-orange-meringue-cupcakes-3852677 Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows & Streusel. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words, or link back to my post for the recipe. You should receive a text message shortly. Add a few drops of orange food colouring to one bowl and stir until the icing turns bright orange. Serve warm. See method, of the reference intake Place the cream in a small saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer over medium heat (. Chocolate Orange Cupcakes are moist chocolate muffins made with orange puree to give a hint of fresh and zesty orange flavor in every bite. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Plus the coffee in this cupcake really enhances that flavor completely! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Fluffy dark chocolate cupcakes frosted with tangy-sweet orange buttercream. This recipe made 24 cupcakes. Next, fill up a saucepan with enough water to cover the orange. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. For another delicious and citrusy cupcake, be sure to check out my Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes. Yes! Learn how your comment data is processed. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Spread very thinly with a palette knife. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Decorate with orange zest and chocolate. all in all i liked the cupcake, my husband thought it was too dry. Print Pin.