All Rights Reserved. She loves to share ideas to make mom life easier and encourage busy gals to make time for themselves too! Easy Cocktails and Recipes | Mom Life and Style | Orange County Blogger, June 11, 2014 By Sharon Garofalow 2 Comments. Sharon lives in Southern California with her adorable family. This has also happened with me and whiskey. It has an almost electric green color. I would need to really sip this one. Your email address will not be published. The bottle arrived with a little recipe booklet and I flipped through it curious to see what was included. I felt I needed to watch the contractors like a hawk…so no cocktail but a repeat of one of my all time favorites. The thing about cucumber in a cocktail is that it’s not extraordinary; but is at the same time. It’s a sweetened, preserved lime juice that you will often find next to the grenadine in the liquor store. (I recently figured out that this is really close to my recipe for a Cucumber Gimlet). Place syrup, cucumber and basil in a large, wide-mouthed glass or 2-cup measuring cup. This “medicine” became more socially popular in the 1950’s after a fiction author named Raymond Chandler made it the drink of choice for the detective in his novels. Like, there is a little bit of lime juice and a tiny bit of cucumber juice from the muddling but it’s pretty much a big old cup of icy cold vodka. Fruity Pineapple Dump Cake with Condensed Milk, Yummy Brown Sugar Bacon Butter for Dinner Rolls. Thank you. Not to be confused with a similar sounding word (giblet - think turkey and Thanksgiving - definitely not the direction we’re going today), a gimlet is a simple cocktail usually made with gin and something called Rose’s Lime Juice. Put them together in a cocktail and, of course, you aren’t going to hate it. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Hi Kim, you can easily multiply the recipe to get whatever number of servings you need. I was fortunate to have a bottle of Prairie Organic Cucumber Vodka on hand; it was sort of perfect. And they smell AMAZING! Cupcakes and Cutlery is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Never muddled before? The heat is here and my days of planting are almost over; a couple of shrubs after the deck is in and I’m done for the season. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/258696/jalapeno-and-cucumber-cocktail With lots of food in my stomach. Pour lime juice mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Not a vodka fan? Just click the little pin button at the top of the recipe card. Cucumber vodka and spritzy seltzer or club soda come together in a very simple, healthy(ish) cocktail that tastes a lot like a new offering from La Croix. But I have heard that organic vodkas are not as likely to induce a hangover…. Cool as a cucumber is definitely a fitting description for this Cucumber Vodka Gimlet recipe. I was wrong. Required fields are marked *. Try Your Hand At Mixology With These 15 Creative Cocktail Recipes – Miracle Babalola, Recetas creativas de cócteles: 15 formas de convertirte en tu propio mixólogo – El blog para Ellas, Try Your Hand At Mixology With These 15 Creative Cocktail Recipes - Movies Bulletin, 2 oz simple syrup (Boil 1/4 cup water and sugar just until sugar dissolves. Fill the glasses with ice and pour the ingredients from the shaker into the glasses. One reviewer said and it’s true, ‘A quiet recreation of cucumber sandwiches, hold the sandwiches.’. I hope you enjoy the recipes I prepare for family and friends and appreciate every one of you that come visit my virtual home! The basil, cucumber and lime took the edge off but the real star is the American Harvest Vodka. Your email address will not be published. Including cocktails. Note: Never heard of Rose’s Lime Juice? It’s all about […], […] sandía, la lima y el pepino no son necesariamente un sabor combinado inesperado, pero la espuma en una bebida elegante como esta en casa es definitivamente una sorpresa e impresionar a tus invitados. Lime. I like to keep a long-handled stirring spoon in the pitcher so guests can quickly re-stir the cocktail before pouring. Warm days beg for something extra refreshing and this Cucumber Cocktail with Basil is just that! I liked the simplicity of this blend; pretty straightforward without additional flavor notes. Email me at [email protected]! I added a tiny amount of Thai Chili Pepper to this to give it a kick. Kick Back with these 5 Killer Cucumber Vodka Cocktails By Sam Slaughter October 15, 2017 When it comes to flavored vodkas, sometimes less is more. Me too!! While I did replace all of the foundation plants (not sure who the landscape designer is but grass is NOT a foundation plant! Vodka is versatile and pairs really well with all kinds of flavors. The ship doctor encouraged his shipmates to add this preserved lime juice to their gin because it was thought to prevent scurvy. Pour gimlet into a chilled coupe glass. After a three year battle with the builder of my home; they finally had to accept the fact the I was not giving up or giving in on some issues and have finally started to manage them. A most refreshing cocktail that is surprising. Add simple syrup, fill with ice, cover and shake until ice cold. This post may contain affiliate links. Yes, once I’m done I will absolutely do a post with photos! Your goal is to release as much flavor from the cucumber and basil as possible so don't be shy here. So I was super concerned that I would not like it and be drunk just from one sip. I moved into this house with a builder landscaped front yard and just grass and rock and more rock in the back yard and I thought I could handle it. MORE ABOUT SHARON. Blue Cheese Bison Burger with Bacon Caramelized Onions ». At the end of the day I’m tired and when I should be making a cocktail and taking photos…I’m sort of crashing. Muddle well. I was sent a bottle of American Harvest Vodka to create this cocktail with. Each cocktail sounded more delicious than the last. Creative Culinary is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com . Pour in the lime juice and give it a quick stir. Your email address will not be published. A vodka gimlet was my dad’s favorite cocktail. Required fields are marked *, Based in Southern California, I am the mom to two amazing boys and married to the raddest man in all the land. Enjoy! Daisies, yarrow, purple speedwell and ever-blooming daylilies are starting to provide the mass of blooms I longed for. Just like American Harvest did. I sliced up the cucumbers, quartered the limes and got almost through the entire recipe before I realized…This drink is pretty much straight vodka. Warm days beg for something extra refreshing and this Cucumber Cocktail with Basil is just that!. Each of those things screams refreshing to me. You need something with a bit of space to muddle the ingredients. Get after it. Um, yeah. Grab a large mason jar or wide-mouthed measuring cup. You’re going to want to make this. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. In a shaker, muddle cucumber slices, basil leaves and lime juice. Rim the glasses with a cut lime and dip in the lime rim mixture. If you are looking for a clean, refreshing vodka cocktail, make this super yummy Cucumber Cocktail with Basil. Over several hours. It’s adds a cool element, much like cucumbers do to a salad or sandwich. Required fields are marked *. That must have been where my dad picked it up. Use a muddler to crush the cucumber and basil into the syrup. Seems fancy, doesn't it? Truth be told, he was definitely more of a beer guy, but when he did have a cocktail, I remember him ordering a vodka gimlet. ¡Se trata de […], […] lime, and cucumber isn’t necessarily an unexpected flavor combo, but busting out a fancy drink like this at home is sure to surprise and impress your guests. And some Drinkwel. Plus it keeps well in the fridge if made in advance - a bonus when entertaining. A while ago I was on a big basil kick and was adding it to everything. slice of cucumber and leaf of basil for garnish. Follow these simple steps to make your own vodka gimlet: Most gimlets are served straight up like a martini in either a coupe or martini glass. https://www.garnishwithlemon.com/cucumber-basil-vodka-gimlet Combine vodka, watermelon and lime in a cocktail shaker. A while ago I was on a big basil kick and was adding it to everything. Straight up or on the rocks, you can’t go wrong with this refreshing Cucumber Vodka Gimlet recipe. I would like this recipe for mixing in a large gallon container. I could totally see drinking these throughout the summer. But let me tell you a funny story really quickly. (Think of a gimlet as a martini’s slightly sweeter cousin.).