The SPEW (really, the S.P.E.W.) Additionally, it has liners to reduce weight. It will fill a different niche for me! This helps to work like a hilt, at the time the blade is unlocked. It has been a good while since I have reviewed a CRKT knife. CRKT uses 8Cr13MoV steel for creating the blade of this knife. Actually, I have found it is much easier compared to other steel made knives. So the announcement of the Obake, a compact fixed blade collaboration with CRKT and custom knifemaker Lucas Burnley, definitely caught my attention. Wrote them apologizing that I delayed and told them I still wanted the Sting 3B, and when they were ready to ship, call me and I would give them a card # to pay the difference. Support us! On a whole, it is about 6 inches long and the handle is about 3.5 inches. Although this company owns sharpeners, multi-tools and similar products. The Crossbones holds an entire length of 8.06 inches with a 3.54 inch blade. If I had to give this blade a one line review, I’d say CRKT pretty well summed it up themselves.

Most of their knives are made in China now. The company’s has put cheapness over quality.

It’s an awesome experience. That is one of the qualities I find most admirable in my Spyderco Sage 1, which remains one of my all time favorite EDC knives to ... Last Update: March 4, 2018 However, all of them had made for some specific applications. I drug my feet sending it in, but a few months later I decided to to do it…but in the meantime, the knife that I had chosen as a replacement from their website had went up in price by 10 bucks. Not to mention the machining on the titanium handles is nothing short of staggering, with details and anodizing that rival some of the finest production knives in the world (it bears a striking resemblance to the Steelcraft Mini Bodega). stands for Small Pocket Everyday Wharncliffe, and it is a really ... Last Updated: September 6, 2019 Surprisingly it holds a textured model under the lifted X pattern. Required fields are marked *. You will be amazed to know that it also has a version which is specially made for a rescue. To use the right-hand tip-up carry, CRKT provides a stainless rich carry pocket clip which is polished greatly. Don’t confuse the cost with their quality. It is very easy to sharpen but it lacks the longevity of its age compared to other expensive cutting steels. You’ll be hard pressed to find one. Yet if you ever considered an inexpensive high-end knife with groundbreaking design then CRKT might be your only reliance. The standard model with the plane handle offers 8Cr14MoV, while the premium version uses the Sandvik 12c27 which contains a milled handle. Ive dropped it off a scissor lift and a couple scratches but still works like a champ. In a competitive knife market, it’s not that easy to choose the correct brand. I just purchased another knife for my niece who’s deployed. Don’t scratch your head because you have heard it right and I mean it. They also claim to utilize some of the most advanced equipment and production technologies to manufacture their products. It will connect you to the past and also do the job really good for which it is originally made. Dregs from a once cold beer are drying on the side of the glass at my desk, and knives scattered across the room are glinting faintly under lamp light. So you need to focus on your needs and choose the proper knife for your collection. Spyderco is available in every budget segment and also in every unique task.

If you are design enthusiastic but also looking for a budget knife, then you can go for Hootenanny. I don’t read too far into names, but I had to look Hootenanny up in an attempt to gain a little context. To sum up, the advantages of this knife exceed the disadvantages. Moreover, the weight of the Fossil is 6.1 ounces. I have gone through every small detail in the simplest manner possible. In short: The Hirin is not the most practical knife but is a testament to what CRKT can do. Moreover, in some cases, this knife is tougher to make sharper compared to other knives.
It seemed stodgy, outdated. There's a reason why laws exist to protect outdoor areas.

It is a very solid and robust knife. Over that time the blade lock started to get sloppy (expected wear and tear), so I returned it for repairs. CRKT utilizes 8Cr13MoV stainless steel for the blade making process. It is with me every day and an important piece of tool for my job. Thus far, most of these blue-sky blades from CRKT upgrade earlier versions of different knives in CRKT’s evergreen lineup. Answer: They make them in Taiwan and China. But as I write this introduction, the releases from SHOT are still fresh in my mind. I appreciate the concept because usually when I use a knife it’s to cut some kind of rope or string or vegetation. I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Folts and one of the big topics of conversation was this little knife. If the supplier cant help then maybe the manufacturer can. Have you ever thought of using a knife style from World War 2? This keeps the cost down while delivering quality knives and tools to the consumer. Flavio Ikoma designed this knife. You will be amazed to know that M16 has popularized this style. But for many this is old news as knives like the popular CRKT M16 have been around for years delivering excellent every day performance at a price that can’t ... As a guy who runs a website that revolves around knives, I feel responsible to set a decent example for the knife community. The blade stock of 0.09 inches also bumps the slicing operation as it is heavily thin. The Hirin’s liner lock can be a bit hard to find given the symmetry of the handles. The Crossbones is one of the latest popular innovations of CRKT.
It depends on your selection. I believe CRKT will not upset you in any manner. It contains a nice straight spine handle and handles with proper holes. Then eventually some screws got loose and I lost the clip and so I tossed it in the drawer and got a new work knife. All of the knives are made of high standard materials and very much durable. Now if I talk about the pros, this knife is superior in taking edge to it as it’s so easy. That’s why it has additional length from the handle as well as the blade, so that it can be useful in providing these performances. What happened to break the blade?

From very low to damn high you will find it. This knife is CRKT’s oldest but the most famous designs of all time. I think they generally do a great job delivering a high value blade, and some of them are extremely nice. But later CRKT abundant the smaller, 2-inch one. My only critique is lack of serrations on the entire surface of the opening flipper. The interesting part is that it only weighs less than 2.5 ounces which is extremely useful and flexible for daily tasks. GearJunkie hits the road to get out of office for a new content series with Go RVing.

Enter before February 7th for your chance to win.