Place one piece (or two if your pan can fit them) of pork chop in the pan carefully, cook until the bottom side is golden brown (about 3-5 minutes), and then flip to the other side and continue to cook until both sides became golden brown and become very crispy (around 2-3 minutes). Make sure all sides of the pork chop are covered with the mixture. Pork chops can turn out tough if they are overcooked. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Fry the pork chops on the second side a little over half as long as you did the first, or about two or three minutes for 1/2-inch-thick chops, and three to four minutes for 1-inch-thick chops. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I usually pan-fry all the pork chops first before starting to pan fry each piece again after the last piece finishes the first round of frying. For the best texture, cook just the amount you are eating each time. Press both sides of the pork chop into the starch to help them stick better. You can easily make oven fried pork chops without egg by using whole milk or buttermilk instead. If your chops are burning, you should check your oven temperature with an oven thermometer to make sure it’s cooking true to the set temperature. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Take a pork chop and dip it in the egg mixture, and then in the flour and shake lightly. Place the cooked pork chop on a cooling rack, pat it with paper towel to absorb the excess oil and continue to cook the rest of the pork chops. Place the chop onto a sheet pan, and repeat with the other chops, leaving room between each one. Air Fryer Pork Chops No Breading But if your chops start burning, you can cover them with some tinfoil to prevent that until they reach a safe temperature of 145F. For the second round, simply pan-fry for around 30 seconds on each side. 4 (5 ounce) boneless, center-cut pork chops, Back to Air Fryer Pork Chops (No Breading). Set aside for about 10 minutes until the starch looks wet. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276798/air-fryer-pork-chops-no-breading 192 calories; protein 18.2g 36% DV; carbohydrates 8.3g 3% DV; fat 9.2g 14% DV; cholesterol 48.2mg 16% DV; sodium 224.7mg 9% DV. I make them with gluten free all purpose flour and gluten free breadcrumbs, but you can follow this exact same recipe with regular ingredients if you’re not on a gluten free diet. Place a piece of pork chop in a Ziploc bag, pound both sides of the meat with a meat tenderizer from outside the bag until the pork chop becomes about double in size. If you have tried Taiwanese popcorn chicken, this is like a pork chop version of that. Step 7 Take the chops out of the pan and place them on a plate lined with paper towels. Put the tapioca / sweet potato starch on a plate and coat each piece of pork chop with it. You can also deep fry the pork chop if you prefer. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Click on the time in the instructions to start a timer! https://www.thecookierookie.com/baked-breaded-pork-chops-recipe Sprinkle some white pepper powder and salt and serve right away. Crispy Oven Fried Pork Chops are one of the easiest dinner recipes I have in my repertoire. robyns.world/2014/04/01/extra-crunchy-breaded-pork-chops-recipe When the starch is bubbling and floats to the surface, then the oil is hot enough for cooking the pork chop. I love making pork chops because they’re quick, easy, and almost always on sale at my local grocery store. I love breaded pork chops. They only take 30 minutes to make, and best of all they are gluten free! In three large bowls, place eggs and milk whisked together in one bowl, flour in another bowl, and bread crumbs mixed with the spices in the third bowl. This Taiwanese crispy pork chop is one of the most popular main dishes you can find in bento restaurants in Taiwan. If they are the same thickness, then both bone-in pork chops and boneless pork chops will cook at around the same time. Turn pork chops and cook for another 9 minutes. Use a pair of scissors to make 2~3 cuts on the thick outer membrane on the edge of the pork chops (see the picture in the post) to prevent the meat from shrinking after cooking. This recipe also works really well with seasoned or Italian breadcrumbs, but personally I like to add my own seasoning so I can control what they taste like. Thank you for reporting this comment. Then in the egg mixture again, and into the breadcrumbs. I also like to add a sweet dipping sauce on the side, like apricot glaze or honey mustard, for some extra flavor. Optional: whisk together ingredients for the apricot glaze and use as a dipping sauce for the pork chops. Ah yes, dried off, and rest. You can also store the pork chop with the marinade in the freezer, separated with a piece of parchment paper, and just thaw the amount you want to cook each time. Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 2 minutes. The coarse starch makes the pork chop extra crunchy; however, you can replaced it with regular tapioca starch if the coarse kind is not available to you. Pork chops can also turn out tough if you’re reheating them, or leaving them in the oven to stay warm for too long. I use plain rice Chex cereal for this, it’s also a lot cheaper than packaged gluten free breadcrumbs! I believe that gluten free food doesn't have to be boring! Flavorful, tender and juicy pork chop covered with a crispy and crunchy shell. Set up yourbeading … Spray lightly with cooking oil, just until the breadcrumbs look wet. If you don’t have gluten free breadcrumbs, try using a plain gluten free cereal pulsed in the food processor until it is the consistency of breadcrumbs. Repeat the same for the rest of the pork chops. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. (Refer to the picture in the post). The marinade is base on my taste, you can adjust it based on your preference. How fast your pork chops cook depend on the thickness. They won’t have the full breading experience, but you’ll get a really nice flavor and crunch from the breadcrumbs. Place pork chops in a 6-inch silicone cake pan and pour 1/2 of the brown sugar-soy sauce on top. If you want to achieve an extra crispy texture, you can pan-fry the pork chop a second time for a few minutes after it's done frying the first time. Follow these easy tips and say goodbye to soggy breading every time: 1 Bread properly. It's heck getting old ain't it? © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Cook in the preheated air fryer for 9 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I made these with bone-in chops and they came out delicious. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Required fields are marked *. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I make them with gluten free all purpose flour and gluten free breadcrumbs, but you can follow this exact same recipe with … Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. The only thing different I did was marinate them in the brown sugar mixture for an hour then as they were cooking I kept them moist by pouring the mixture on it.