Prepare the sauce by combining basil pesto, cream, and chicken stock in a mixing cup or bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside. The perfect chicken flavored with a basil pesto sauce mixed in with sun-dried tomato orzo pasta, and made in one skillet also makes for the perfect dinner. Cook until sauce thickens, 5 more minutes. Who else loves when you can make an entire dinner in one pan? Continue cooking until mushrooms are browned, about 2-3 minutes. Follower Real Housemoms on Pinterest. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 1/6th of recipe (about 1 cup): 279 calories, 15g total fat (5.5g sat fat), 629mg sodium, 9.5g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 27.5g proteinBlue Plan (Freestyle™) SmartPoints® value 5*, 1 lb. Add 2 Tbsp butter to a deep skillet and melt over medium heat. Like this recipe? Read my disclosure policy. Hope that helps! Maybe a pint of ice cream, but my Creamy Skillet Pesto Chicken is a close second! . This 30-minute meal takes regular old chicken breasts, loads them with parmesan and basil, and douses them is a luscious creamy pesto sauce that’ll make you weak in the knees. Make sure you don’t forget to squeeze a lemon over the finished product: it makes the flavor out of this world! Add cooked chicken, pesto, and mozzarella. There’s also NO way I can cook on the weekdays. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Continue cooking until mushrooms have softened, about 4 minutes. Set chicken aside. Push the sides and add tomatoes and mushrooms. CREAMY SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN You saved Pesto Chicken Skillet to your. Your photos are always so well lit with perfect focus on the food… I love it! Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil or parsley and serve hot. Add zucchini and squash and stir, cooking, for about a minute. I LOVE this recipe! Change ). I'm a photojournalist for a local television station in OKC and love to cook (obviously). Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook for about 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Add chicken, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken … So good!! This Skillet Pesto Chicken is one of those fly by the seat of my pants dinners, where I was using up things that I had in the fridge. If you had an opportunity and missed it, I am blaming you. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces. Before serving, squeeze in lemon juice and stir. We follow the same method as WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) when calculating the value of a recipe: We add up the SmartPoints® values* of the individual ingredients using the Recipe Builder, not the calculator. If you’re a purist, you should try my homemade pesto recipe. Required fields are marked *. My grocer has Basil Pesto in little jars, about 1/3 the size of a spaghetti sauce jar, on the spaghetti sauce aisle. Overecooked squash and zucchini turn a pale yellow and green and don’t look nearly as good as they do when they’re raw. No matter how you serve it, this pesto chicken recipe never has leftovers. I’m thinking the kind of celebration where we all celebrate and I give you a gift and maybe we’ll eat cake. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. If I don’t meal prep, I’m absolutely lost. For more about my story and how this site got started click here…, Copyright © 2020 Aimee Mars on the Seasoned Pro Theme. Not long after that though I made it myself for the first time and ohmagosh homemade pesto is seventeen times better than store-bought. Thank you so much for the feedback!! All Rights Reserved. This recipe was incredibly easy and fit the bill. I kept most things simple this weekend: one pan dinners, kabobs, baked snacks for work. I’m committed to getting families back to the dinner table one simple recipe at a time! Add 1/4 cup water, and blend until uniform. Do yourself a favor and pretty please make my favorite easy 5-minute pesto, you will thank me. Set chicken aside. Your email address will not be published. Enjoy this easy recipe with some good Italian bread and a bottle of wine. Add chicken, salt, and black pepper. Made it without mushrooms because I didn t have any turned out pretty good will make again!! View LeenCuisineCooks’s profile on Facebook, View ColleenCuisine’s profile on Pinterest, Creamy Pesto Chicken Skillet — Leen Cuisine | My Meals are on Wheels, 1 bunch kale, stems removed, and torn into pieces. Quest Nutrition's Vanilla Milkshake protein powder. I love fridge dump day, it’s seriously therapeutic to use up what you have on hand and have it turn out to be a pretty darn tasty meal. October 18, 2015 Filed Under: Chicken, Gluten Free, Italian, Main Course Tagged With: chicken, easy chicken recipes, easy dinners, main course, pesto. Add the onions, zucchini and squash and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. ( Log Out /  Worked out perfectly! Cut one pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast into 1-inch pieces. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ), (E-mail addresses will be used only to send the Hungry Girl Email you requested.). All opinions are my own. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and sauté for one minute more. Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. Step 2 Stir the soup, pesto sauce and milk in the skillet and heat to a boil. So I’m giving away an Instant Pot because it’s been my single most favorite addition to my kitchen as of 2018 and I want you to have one too. I’ve discussed plenty of times where I hate soggy squash; I want it crisp-tender and still very colorful. 10 Favorite Protein Packed Shakes to Boost your Overall Health! WHY did no one take me by the hand and tell me that something really amazing was missing from my life long before that I have no idea. I spend my time developing recipes that my family and friends will love and then I share them with you! View all posts by Colleen. We may have received free samples of food, which in no way influences whether these products are reviewed favorably, unfavorably, mentioned with indifference, or mentioned at all. Garnish with fresh Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, or fresh Basil Leaves. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, half of the garlic, salt and black pepper and pulse to combine. Let’s just say it’s NOT boring, so why would I make a boring dinner? Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Add chicken to pan, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, and cook until cheese is melted. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.