Required fields are marked *. I have heard so many positive reviews about this soup. Is the total amount of milled almonds 150g ( as 100 to replace the rice as well as the usual 50g) or is it just 100g in total? Creamy chicken and rice soup is a hearty soup recipe that uses brown rice and fresh spinach for a boost of nutrition. USE GOOD QUALITY BROWN RICE SUCH AS SUNRIVE OR UNCLE BENZ. Why does it say 50g raw brown rice and then further down the ingredients list, 100g raw brown rice? Just added a few pepper corns, a bay leaf and a cinnamon stick and used dry roasted cashews instead of almonds. I have been making this chicken rice soup for years, long before I had a blog. A winner! Since there isn’t any cream used here (just 2% milk), the silky smooth thickness comes from a roux (pictured above). I think if you added the 2 tablespoons it may be too salty. Add parsley and peas, cook another 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1. Delicious recipes made easy for busy cooks! 1 1/2 Tbspns chicken stock paste (made in TMX - see below) or vege stock paste (or to taste). - Quirky Cooking, Gluten Free Sourdough Bread (and Starter). Apart from the savory, flavorful broth that you’ve created, chicken chunks, whole grain rice, and aromatic herbs like rosemary and thyme will add an extra layer of flavor to this luscious work of art. Hi Soph – The chicken stock paste will last for about 3 months in the fridge. EVOO or butter, 300 Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter until tender; add flour and stir until smooth. This healthier soup recipe (no cream!) ghee) is my pick. Add the ghee to a separate, medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. As you get used to it, you can add whatever vegies you have handy. Add diced carrots, celery, and onion. Thank you! I made it with water as I didn’t have stock/stock paste. Definitely will be making again. I ended up making this again because it’s so easy for freezing for lunches. A little healthier in that it doesn't have any heavy cream. How to Make Your Own Halloumi, with Step by Step Photos! That means no adjustments are necessary to account for the water cooking off. I also used leftover meat from a roast chook bought from the supermarket yesterday, it didn’t yield 300g of meat but seemed to be enough to flavour the soup. I’m a little confused as to how much rice and almonds to use. Serve with some fresh bread and a green salad, and it will feed about six people for a main meal. 4 %, (breast with bone in works beast and a "little" skin), ounces long grain and wild rice blend (Carolina seasoned Long Grain and wild rice), Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup by Paula Deen.