I sent it out to many people hoping they realize the jewel they found in this book. There are 3 that bear witness in heaven and all are one(1 John 5:7). I will say to Yahweh, "[You are] my refuge and my fortress, my God [in whom] I trust. (b) Being assured of this protection, he prays to the Lord. will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.". Forgiveness and. My refuge and my fortress - "I will say of Jehovah, My refuge and my fortress!" I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust. Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope. Selah. This is a wonderful verse and a wonderful Psalm! In a time of gathering storms, when love is growing cold;When the hearts of men are failing them for fear, Still like them of old,I can look to the Unfailing One; I can trust in His unfailing care;I can walk in assurance and peace Knowing that He's right there. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. ", Psalm 91:2 (RSVA) Gerhard Ter Steegen Ps. What a dark picture of human conditions lies beneath the petitions of this second half! Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. The old Jews were not afraid of any terror by night. He is like a fort to me. He shall live long enough; till he has done the work he was sent into this world for, and is ready for heaven. --PSALM xci. 14. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. You are my God and I trust you. CHORUS:    He is my refuge, He is my solace, He is my shelter from every storm. ), He is saying of Jehovah, `My refuge, and my bulwark, my God, I trust in Him,', Matthew Henry Commentary on the Whole Bible (Concise), Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. And that God of such mighty power Who got them through it all Is still here every hour Whenever His people call: (REPEAT CHORUS) He is my refuge! “My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. --PSALM xci. ", I will say to the Lord, "You are my place of safety and protection. There are two voices speaking in the earlier part of this psalm: one that of a saint who professes his reliance upon the Lord, his Fortress; and another which answers the former speaker, and declares that he shall be preserved by God. Content Tags - Helping You Find the Right Song, "Press Forward": Book of Mormon Family Musical, Christ Centered Healing from Depression (BYU)). Song Files:  Sheet Music     PDF Preview   | |    RecordingOn CD's:  Trust in the Lord  |  He Is My Refuge. My fortress! God's Merciful Guardianship of his People. 2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. ", I will say to the LORD, "[You are] my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust. Psalm 91:2 (LEB) will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust. He is saying of Jehovah, `My refuge, and my bulwark, my God, I trust in Him,', The safety of those who have God for their refuge. Psalm 91:2 (WBT) He is my refuge, He is my solace, He is my shelter from every storm. (9-16). Verses 9-16 Whatever happens, nothing shall hurt the believer; though trouble and affliction befal, it shall come, not for his hurt, but for good, though for the present it be not joyous but grievous. And those who have found the comfort of making the Lord their refuge, cannot but desire that others may do so. (He shall say to the Lord, Thou art my defender, and my refuge; my God, I trust in thee.) I will say of Yahweh, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust. [1184]Trust: Felix Mendelssohn, 1840 Psalm 91 James Montgomery, 1822 DOXOLOGY Call Jehovah thy salvation, Rest beneath the Almighty's shade; In his secret habitation Dwell, and never be dismayed.