Robideux points out that it was sometimes called Hard Times Pudding. & Very Yummy. In a clean Thermomix bowl, mix the brown sugar and cornflour together on Speed 6, 10 seconds. Make syrup by dissolving brown sugar in hot water in a medium bowl. Saved from yesterdish.com. Hi Rayne, hmm I’m really not sure how this is possible sorry!!! Heat oven to 400 degrees. The whole family enjoyed it! Grease a 22x22 cm (9x9 in) baking pan. A self-saucing pudding is just like a little bit of magic! Bake for 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile, make sauce by mixing sugar and flour thoroughly in a heavy-bottomed medium pot. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Place the brown sugar, self raising flour, melted butter, egg, milk and golden syrup into the Thermomix bowl and mix together on Speed 5, 20 seconds or until well combined. Once baked, you’ll end up with a deliciously soft and fluffy sponge on top… and a sweet sauce hiding underneath. • mail Letters to the Editor, 1355 Mountain Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2X 3B6. To submit a letter: WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? I’m so excited to welcome you to Bake Play Smile… this is my happy little blissful foodie paradise full of salted caramel goodness, chocolate-laden desserts and pretty much anything covered in sprinkles! Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius fan-forced (180 degrees celsius conventional). Mix the brown sugar and cornflour together and then sprinkle over the sponge mixture. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel. Remove from heat and stir in butter, lemon peel and juice. (Now, that's Canadian.) Tasted savoury and not sweet. And just like the chocolate self-saucing pudding version, this butterscotch pudding is always a winner! Our simple butterscotch self saucing pudding is the ultimate winter comfort food. Lots of luscious lemon flavor, best eaten the first day but will keep. Add lemon peel and juice. Tester's notes: There's something very reassuring and homey about this simple combination of white cake and sweet caramel sauce. A soft and fluffy sponge pudding covered with sweet and rich butterscotch sauce. (Let's hope it doesn't come to that.). Explore. Pour into sauce pan and heat over low heat stirring constantly until sauce becomes thick and clear. Mix the remaining brown sugar and the cornflour together and sprinkle over the pudding base. Shirley Grosky of The Pas would love a pie recipe for wild cranberries, while Rose Kiesman of Ste Rose du Lac is looking for a good way to use tomatillas and ground cherries, which she grew for the first time this year. It is used a lot in “Old Time” baking recipes. Pour gently over batter in pan. Hey there, time traveller! Posted: 08/24/2011 1:00 AM. Denise Robideux sent in her mother's version, in which cake and sauce are baked together, with the cake rising to the top. While these are different versions of a cottage pudding, both are easy and economical, made with basic, inexpensive ingredients that you probably have on hand. Add butter and stir until melted. Feb 23, 2013 - Cottage pudding dates at least to the 19th century. Place the brown sugar, self raising flour, melted butter, egg, milk and golden syrup into a bowl and mix until well combined. Success. And here's an interesting request: Leo Sauder would like hints on cooking bacon -- just regular bacon -- so it doesn't curl up too much. If you can help with a recipe request, have your own request, or a favourite recipe you'd like to share, send an email to recipeswap@freepress.mb.ca, fax it to 697-7412, or write to Recipe Swap, c/o Alison Gillmor, Winnipeg Free Press, 1355 Mountain Ave. Winnipeg, MB, R2X 3B6.