I use lime juice in all kinds of recipes but always end up buying limes fresh and juicing them each time. Make sure there's chicken stock or water in the bottom of the pan while roasting to the meat comes out juicy and tender. Prevent browning of fresh cut fruits and vegetables by placing them into a mixture of 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon lime juice, allowing them to soak for 5 or 10 minutes, or by brushing fruits and vegetables with full strength lime juice. After proofing overnight in the fridge, these yeast-raised biscuits are ready to bake first thing in the morning. Luckily our backyard is full of citrus trees, so limes are never in short supply. If you're also going to be using a hand juicer, be careful not to press too hard or you'll end up with bitter lime juice. Here's a few of my recipes you can use lime juice ice cubes in: I hope you find this post useful! Very refreshing! After having a delicious TGI Friday's grilled chicken salad, I was determined to figure out the cilantro-lime salad dressing served with it. If you know of other easy ways to preserve lime juice, please share them in the comments section below! Feel free to adjust the proportions of lime juice, crema, cheese, and spices to taste! This article has been viewed 91,637 times. I'm Thai born and bred and living in Thailand now. I usually serve it with whipped cream and lime slices. – I like to use vanilla bean simple syrup in these shots but non-flavored also works well. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. The brown rice provides a nutritious, fiber-packed alternative to white rice, and the cilantro and the lime gives this dish an extra dash of delicious Mexican flavor. Allowing meat to sit out on the counter at room temperature will make it easier for bacteria to multiply, improving your odds of getting some type of food poisoning. So nice and easy! Also laughing a bit about the "expensive" limes in Thailand at 0.2 USD - in Sweden they're maybe 0.5 USD at their cheapest. . 3) Freeze your lime juice in ice cube trays. Doesn't hurt that this one's traditionally served in a copper mug, which just so happens to pair well with our bottle. I'm so glad to see someone else who freezes fruit juices! This torte combines a graham cracker crust, lemon-lime gelatin, and a tangy yogurt filling to form one irresistible dessert. It will cool you down on a hot day or warm you up on a cool day. Omg this is such a great idea! The honey-lime dressing is extremely easy to make and pairs deliciously with sweet shellfish. Making dressing at home is simple, whether with a blender, food processor, or just a fork. This is great - I never thought to freeze lime juice but it makes such sense! Marinate seafood for 30 minutes. I use lime juice in all kinds of recipes but always end up buying limes fresh and juicing them each time. Fabulously easy. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Marinate shrimp for an hour in a mixture of Key lime juice, zest, honey, and a make-ahead marinade of oils and pantry spices. Reply. Lemon juice is a very acidic liquid that you can use to "cook" your fish without the use of heat, creating a dish called ceviche that is common in Central and South America. Read More…. A refreshing Havana-inspired rum drink. This recipe for a sea scallop salad is a lovely light and fresh meal for warm weather. Flavored with lime, garlic, dried oregano, and cumin, this version only takes 30 minutes of marinating time to give the fish a citrusy punch. This recipe uses condensed milk and sour cream. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. Great tip! Freezing lime juice comes handy in many occasions. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. The lime rickey is a classic non-alcoholic drink perfect for outdoor parties. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This rice will be heavy rather than fluffy due to the effect of the coconut milk. here I have to buy limes in lacks and never use them all fast enough, this is a great way to save some money! It can easily be converted to a cocktail if you wish—gin or tequila would be a wonderful pairing. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Does curing fish with lime juice make it tough? This is another common agua fresca from Mexico. © 2020 - Cook & Hook. We recommend serving it on a bed of mixed greens—arugula and mesclun pair particularly well. You're welcome! Garnish each piece with a slice of lime and a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping if you like. All this when there's actually a really easy way to preserve lime juice and enjoy it all year round. You don't have to spend a long time juicing each time you're cooking a recipe that requires a lot of lime juice. Everybody wants the recipe after consuming one of these. Never thought to freeze citrus juice. My husband doesn't like that many things, but he loved this recipe, you just have to try it! I prefer to use a hand juicer because I like being able to control how hard I press. Add all ingredients (except lime wedges) to a cocktail shaker and shake until well mixed. Summer is the perfect time to introduce a little lime to your palate. Very simple to make. Home » Pantry » How-to Guides » How To Preserve Lime Juice. It is best served immediately. All the signature flavors of the tropics … Substitute lemon or lime zest, or a combination of the two. Tofutti cream cheese gives the cake its luscious texture, while a vegan pre-made pie crust means there's no baking needed. Thanks for sharing!! This is the best batch of margaritas you'll ever make. Serve over ice. I feel so fortunate that I can almost always find fresh limes but it's true they are much more expensive at certain times.Also, I save and freeze lime zest since I can't always find good organic limes. Never Add the Juice to a Still-Cooking Sauce Fresh, just-squeezed lemon or lime juice does wonders for a pan sauce.