Righini: Idomeneus Concerto. She has taught as oboe tutor at the Royal Academy of Music (1995-2001) and Trinity College in London. Instrumentation: for groups of oboes (doubling Cor Anglais). There are two sections within the single movement entitled Chase and Bone Waltz. Melinda Maxwell read music at the University of York and studied in Germany with Ingo Goritzki and Helmut Winschermann. The New Oboe Music Project aims to promote recently composed music for the oboe and further extend the repertoire for the instrument. unaccompanied flute, flute with piano, flute, viola and harp. A fabulous summer disco track with… a wistful oboe-based introduction. The objective of this work is to provide assistance to oboists interested in learning these 3 actors (F,M,M), flute / piccolo, oboe / English-horn, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, percussion (1), harp, piano, strings, ​© 2020, LIOR NAVOK | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Lior Navok, composer | contemporary music composer | new music composer. We give you 6 pages notes partial preview, in order to continue read the entire 20 Contemporary Solos Duos And Ensembles For Oboe sheet music you need to signup, download music sheet notes in pdf format also available for offline reading. He wrote it in … In many mythologies the crane has cultural significance and in Asia it is the symbol of happiness and eternal youth. Though, being a German musician it was tough for him to adopt Italian developments at that time. Certain thoughts around these experiences began to come together. The art of pibroch is a fifteenth century tradition of Scottish ornamentation that was handed down through the generations by ear, and only notated at a much later date. She also coaches at the Britten–Pears School for Advanced Musical Studies and is Oboe Tutor for the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain. Publisher: Emerson Edition Ltd (2007) No; 528, Premiere: First performance at the 1982 Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival by Melinda Maxwell. The first is slow and spacious and the second is fast and staccato in irregular patterns. Premiere: Commissioned by Peter McCarthy for Music in the Village, and first performed by Gail Hennessy, Peter McCarthy and Pawel Siwczak in St Mary’s Church, Walthamstow, London on February 21 2019. Catalogue No. There are two melodies, made up of the same material, but different in character. Contents of this website © The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music 2017. The first movement has a sturdy, decided rhythm, though Dring teases by changing the time frequently. This piece is a setting of an anonymous Italian basse dance ‘Rédi Spagna’ from 1465. (please note this will only work if you have Spotify loaded on your computer). Premiere: Elegy was completed in May 1994 and first performed by Melinda Maxwell and John Lenehan as part of a BBC Radio 3 live recital at St John’s Smith Square in London. Oboe music repertoire, oboe pieces by contemporary composers, chamber music for oboe and piano, oboe and harp and so on. She has performed as oboe soloist at many national and international festivals and is frequently heard on BBC Radio 3. flute / piccolo, oboe, clarinet, horn, bassoon, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 horns, 2 bassoons, for three actors and woodwind quintet / orchestra, 3 actors (F,M,M), flute / piccolo, oboe / English horn, clarinet, horn, bassoon and piano, 3 actors (F,M,M), flute / piccolo, oboe / English-horn, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, percussion (1), harp, piano, strings, flute / piccolo; English horn; clarinet / bass clarinet; horn; tuba; percussion (2); harp; piano, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, percussion (1), piano, violin, viola, cello and double bass, ​© 2020, LIOR NAVOK | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Bassoon Concerto. All rights reserved. I wanted to celebrate this graceful bird and a double reed ensemble seemed the perfect sound. 1-48 of 1,233 … I have performed music by Goebbels on a number of occasions and most particularly his piece Songs of War I have seen (2007). Unaccompanied oboe, oboe with piano, oboe, viola and harp. various chamber music pieces for flute by contemporary music composer Lior Navok. I am looking for contemporary (if possible 1990-) pieces for solo oboe, because I have not listened to too many and I would like to see what has been done so far. The piece moves in and around a fixed harmonic point of reference, occasionally moving away, but always returning. Supporting the teaching and learning of music in partnership with the Royal Schools of Music:Royal Academy of Music | Royal College of Music London | Royal Northern College of Music | Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, 4 London Wall Place Publisher: Emerson Edition No; 588 (2009). Allegro con brio. All; Auction; Buy it now; Sort: Best Match. 3. Ultimately, the more doleful melody seems to speak with more presence and this permeates the piece and concludes it; hence the title Elegy. It is music for the bagpipes and a folk art belonging to this instrument and its environment; some of the music is related to old Scottish songs and ballads whose lyrics portray stories of rural life. The music hockets in a majestic tempo in irregular rhythmic patterns and gradually becomes more relaxed and calm finishing with a long and softening rallentando. Oboe Classical Contemporary Sheet Music & Song Books; Skip to page navigation. I was very saddened at not being able to attend or to perform at his memorial concert, and it was agreed by Edwin Roxburgh (who was organizing the concert) that I could give my tribute by composing a piece for him instead, which I duly did. When In The Realms Of Joy An Original Hy... Scherzo From A Midsummer Nights Dream Fo... Handel V Adoro Pupille In G Flat Major F... Handel V Adoro Pupille In A Flat Major F... Little Is Much When God Is In It Easy Ke... Download Sheet Music And Notes in PDF Format, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Easy Guitar, Flute, Violin, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Guitar Solo. This oboe concerto in c major was written by Righini. All sheet music displayed is only partial preview, to access the full version sheet music you need to be registered. AM 804 Premiere: First performed by students at the RNCM for a forty years celebratory concert of the RNCM in 2013. The piece consists of two groups of oboes, one a chorus group of four parts and the other a solo group, consisting of oboes doubling CAs. Another in 2009 features the first recording for Oboe Classics of Birtwistle’s 26 Orpheus Elegies and was awarded the top rating in the Guardian and BBC Music Magazine. There are two tempi that alternate in an endless chain of events. The piece ends with a fragmentation of the dance music that slows and softens to end. Sidney refers to Sidney Sutcliffe, the charismatic orchestral British oboist who was principal oboe with the London Philharmonic Orchestra (from 1945), the Philharmonia (from 1949), and the BBC Symphony Orchestra (from 1964). They are very vocal and sing and call to each other during their activities. MwSt./VAT incl. 3 fancy contemporary pieces for one oboe alone. Three Modern Pieces – 14,00 Eur © 2020 New Oboe Music Project. Weight: 0.75 kg: We recommend. Page 1 of 3 - Contemporary Oboe Works - posted in Viva Woodwind: I am interested in the Oboists preference for styles of music...as the vast majority of Oboe music tends to come from the Baroque and Classical era we have all grown up playing Bach, Corelli, Marcello, Mozart and Hayden we are all well versed in music from that period. It’s playful and ever so slightly yearning, and helps turn the song into one cracker of an ABBA cover. The investigations made by the baroque oboe gradually yield a baroque style pertinent to Bach and culminates with a melodic celebration in the key of the Sinfonia, B minor. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Contemporary Music for Oboe - Burkhard Glaetzner on AllMusic - 1996 Before completion of this piece several small groups of London Sinfonietta players collaborated with him in exploratory sessions that involved improvisation. Melinda is also an accomplished composer herself writing several works for oboe and also various ensemble pieces with strings. The first piece was composed on behalf of ADRS (Australasian Double Reed Society) as compulsory piece for the ADRS Australian National Double Reed Competition 2017 in Brisbane. In June 2013 she gained an MMus in Jazz Performance from the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. Nintendo Switch Console - Neon with improved battery. AM 804 ISBN 978-3-902771-98-8 ISMN 979-0-700384-07-4. for oboe solo My broken leg got me thinking about fractures and fissures, broken bones and broken lines, hence the melodies in this piece being interrupted and split. ISBN 978-3-902771-98-8 One was the completion of a Masters degree in Jazz in 2013 and the other was an untimely fall from a stage in 2014 when I broke my right leg. The piece begins with the chorus oboes establishing a chordal backdrop against which the second group play a melody in solos that start at different times so the music becomes phased. Included with each section is a Spotify playlist. The piece ends with a triumphant rhythmic unison on a major third. She has made many recordings. It was completed the day John Smith, leader of the British Labour Party died and so the title seemed doubly appropriate. Monk’s famous piece Round Midnight with its shifting chromaticism led me to explore its major/minor harmony, and making improvisations on it, I found a way into my own harmonic material. 1935) Quatro Esboços (1993) Publisher: Brazilian Music Enterprises Ficarelli is a native of Sao Paulo. Last Dance – Donna Summer. In effect the piece is in two sections beginning with the melody and then transforming into an improvisatory section. The work is serial in technique, taking as its starting point a twelve note row that reveals a richness of possibilities, by turns reversing, fragmenting and permutating into ever changing patterns. Many works have been written for Melinda including by Simon Bainbridge, Sir Harrison Birtwistle, Philip Cashian, Anthony Gilbert, Simon Holt, Jo Kondo, Nicholas Maw and Howard Skempton. Trio for oboe, bassoon & harpsichord or piano. This is a short fanfare piece with two contrasting sections of material that alternate. OBOE PIECES, CONTEMPORARY OBOE MUSIC, CONTEMPORARY OBOE REPERTOIRE, 20TH CENTURY MUSIC FOR OBOE, OBOE COMPOSERS. Instrumentation: baroque oboe, bass viol and harpsichord. Anselma Veit List view. Exton, John Three Pieces (1972) Publisher: Chester Ficarelli, Mario (b. The piece was commissioned by BCMG with financial assistance from individuals through BCMG’s Sound Investment Scheme. You currently have javascript disabled. S in German spells Eb, and this note becomes a crucial pivot point in the melodic line. Excerpt … Oboe Repertoire Below is a selection of different pieces of music which are prominent in the oboe repertoire. Song for Sidney was first performed by students of the RCM at St John’s, Smith Square, London in October 2001. The two ‘echo’ oboes sustain a note each, a C and an F, and create a harmonic backdrop, or landscape, for the song as it journeys to a resting place. Music for oboe by contemporary music composers. Various chamber music pieces for oboe by contemporary music composer Lior Navok. Israeli music for oboe, chamber music for oboe and Jewish music for oboe. Instrumentation: oboe, soprano saxophone, percussion (four drums, bass drum and tuned crotales). Dialogues: Andante sostenuto. The piece, if you like, has a binary form, where each statement of each melody plays out its story in succession. Something went wrong. 14 mins With her sense of play, and with this instrumentation, there is a mock-Baroque flavour to this work, perhaps not surprisingly. The two differing musical styles (although both centering on a B tonality) co-exist beginning tentatively from a modern perspective to invoke a past musical style. The horn and percussion tend to signal events, and there are dialogues between duets of instruments and the piece resolves with a short Chorale.