Experience a brand new chapter in Capcom's classic horror survival series: Resident Evil. The only part that is challenging is the mini-game world. Conker's Pocket Tales is the very first in its series of games, both developed and published by Rareware. The same world also has a race which could be a little easier. The mini games require you to shift the d-pad left/right repeatedly and require nothing short of perfection to accomplish. Conker's Pocket Tales is a game developed and published by Rare for the Game Boy Color platform. The graphics are excellent for such a game of its console.2. This game is a over the top view adventure similar to Link's Awakening on the Game Boy. Rating: 9. Conker's Pocket Tales has a similar gameplay style to that of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. system. Strain your brain to solve challenging puzzles, battle the Evil Acorn's horde of minions with your ... Join the community to review your favourite games. Whether or not the game is canon within the Conker series is matter for fans to decide, as Bad Fur Day makes no specific mention of it. The rest of the game is Conker solving puzzles and finding items to assist him on his journey. Care to add one? The Evil Acorn has stolen all of Conker's presents and kidnapped his best chipmunk fri. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. By collecting a certain number of Presents in each area and defeating the boss, Conker is able to move to the next area. Conker's idle animation involves him taking out playing on his own Game Boy. Victory Poses #1: Conker does the classic dollar sign-eye rolling and holds up a wad of cash while smiling. Judging by the sound effects, he plays a bonus level from Donkey Kong Land, another Rare title for the Game Boy. Conker's Pocket Tales is a Game Boy Color game released in 1999 that stars Conker as the main character. Product Release: Conker's Pocket Tales (US, 06/08/99). In addition, Conker can also attack enemies with his tail before acquiring the slingshot (or if he should run out of acorns). Strangely, when loaded on the Game Boy, the changes extend beyond mere graphical downgrades. Along the way, players must also retrieve their stolen birthday presents to advance to the next game areas, and participate in a variety of minigames. Joanna Dark has almost finished her training, but she isn't a Carrington Institute agent just yet. It all comes down to beating the Evil Acorn! send you an email once approved. Conker's primary mode of attack is a slingshot, which fires acorns collected from around the map. Enter the sophisticated world of high-tech espionage as Her Majesty's greatest spy... James Bond. Perhaps the game is most notable for it's ability to be played on the only-then-recently obsoleted Game Boy; a feature shared by only a handful of other Game Boy Color games. .TM ANO© '999 RARE. Down taunt Conker sits down and plays with his yellow gameboy. The game's mark on history seems to be limited to being Conker's first game solo performance in a game, and it's backwards compatibility feature. Three, to check out the Game Boy Color version which is apparently an entirely different game in terms of the level layouts, graphics and specific details in the worlds.Overall-10 This game is very good and if you still have access to a system that can play it, it's well worth the admission which is currently $10.00 and under. The graphics received high marks from many, both in-game and during the "pre-rendered" animated sequences, while the music and sound effects were determined by critics to be "lacking.". The slingshot can be taken into a first-person mode in specific sections of the game, including several shooting gallery set-ups. In addition, should the player attempt to switch between playing on the Game Boy and the Game Boy Color, they must erase their save data in order to do so. Can get from a variety of different objects to fight with.5. The Game Boy Color version is much more colorful and detailed.Fun Factor-8 This is a very fun game. Side taunt Conker looks at his pocket watch. Along the way, players must also retrieve their stolen birthday presents to advance to the next game areas, and participate in a variety of minigames. The enemy and boss variety is very good.Sound-10 The music is excellent. The rest is comfortably right in the middle. Contact | False age group for game, needs to be older. consists of 2 releases. Conker's Pocket Tales synopsis, information, release dates, screenshots, video and user submitted ratings and reviews. Giant Bomb users. The game ends when Conker rescues Berri from the Catacombs, getting his presents back along the way, and the Evil Acorn getting blasted out of the atmosphere by his own bomb, which was planted in said Catacombs. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It's pretty sad that I let a kid borrow this game, and then totally forgot about until one day he gave it back for no reason. The only constants between Pocket Tales and Bad Fur Day are the characters Conker and Berri. These minigames include ta… Conker crosses his arms, steps with one foot and looks angrily into the camera! In a very positive review, Planet Game Boy magazine praised the game's size and included minigames, stating that Pocket Tales is "a real grower" and that its lengthy lifespan of 20 hours "will fly by." You jump, shoot conkers with your slingshot, walk and run. Ethics | Now a desperate fight for s... Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Each world is very enjoyable save for one, which is the mini-game world (the island). Being a long-time Rare fan, I wanted to go back and try some of the games I missed. Platforms: Nintendo 3DS, Atari 8-bit, Intellivision, Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Wii, Wii U, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Switch, Arcade, Atari 7800, Atari 2600, Family Computer Disk System, ColecoVision. Conker’s Pocket Tales Review. I only wish the mini-game world had been toned down.Replay Value-10 I would love to play this game again in the near future. ... appropriateness of the rating, please contact the ESRB at 1-800-771-3772. Hmm... no websites found for this game. To use this feature, you need to be logged in to GameFAQs. Conker's Pocket Tales received generally mixed reviews from critics. It's Conker's birthday and someone crashed his party! Once I realized what the plot was like I started to become a little frightened, but the game still had potential to be good. Only a one-player game.4. The game starts out with Conker and Berri at Conker's birthday party, but just as he is about to blow out the candles on his cake, his friend Berri is kidnapped by the Evil Acorn. If you enjoyed this Conker's Pocket Tales review, you're encouraged to discuss it with the author and with other members of the site's community. If you don't already have an HonestGamers account, you can sign up for one in a snap. It's Conker's birthday and someone crashed his party! Please read this instruction booklet thoroughly to ensure maximum enjoyment of your new game. Conker's Pocket Tales is a game developed and published by Rare for the Game Boy Color platform. User Help | Which is to say, the game cannot be played and saved on one system, and then resumed on the other. You won't end up missing any of the presents, as you typically need them to proceed to the next part of the level. © 2020 GIANT BOMB, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. It's a shame that the original sequel to this game wasn't also released, since these songs would have become well known sentimental classics just as the music from Banjo and DK64.Graphics- I have only played the Game Boy version of the game so far. In addition to standard running and jumping, Conker can perform a mid-air ground-pounding attack that can hit buttons to solve puzzles. Rating: 6. Platform: Polled: Main: Main + 100%: Fastest: Longest: Game Boy Color : 2: 4h 34m : 5h --4h 34m : 5h Each level is designed differently to maintain a level of variety. Conker’s Pocket Tales served as Rare’s inaugural entry for the GameBoy Color, and while first steps can prove to be underwhelming given the not-yet realized potential of fledgling technology, Rare have managed to deliver an adventure nearly too big for one pocket!. #2: Conker gets picked up by Berri, who kisses him. The controls are good. Conker sets out to retrieve his things, save his girlfriend and put an end to The Evil Acorn's menacing ways. You travel between different worlds collecting your presents in order to proceed. Links. Many worlds, never gets boring.4. Thank you for reading my review and happy gaming! Conker also has the abil… By gamer_girl15 | Review Date: Jul 30, 2009 | GBC. Game » I would be willing to pay $100.00 for it if it were really necessary.Rent or Buy- Even if I wrote this review ten years ago when it was still rentable I would have said the same thing- Buy it as soon as you can find it. Nice storyline3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Top Rated Lists for Conker's Pocket Tales. The game received average scores upon it's release - including a 6.0 / 10.0 from IGN. In the spring of 1998, Conker's Quest was renamed Twelve Tales: Conker 64. It's a shame that there are only 2 Conker adventures, he really deserves more!Thank you for reading my review and happy gaming! Other Helpful Reviews for Conker's Pocket Tales. Jesivis ... False age group for game, needs to be older. When I first got the Conker's Pocket Tales, I personally thought it wasn't going to be anything special, but boy was I wrong. It's Conker's birthday and someone crashed his party! You can also collect secret invitations and secret presents, which require more exploration and backtracking to worlds later on in the game once you have items to clear up new paths. Now you must take on the role of the bushy-tailed hero, pursuing your nemesis throughout 6 visually-stunning worlds to rescue Berri and save your birthday from complete disaster. Conker, Berri, and all of the fri… Conker's Pocket Tales (Game Boy Color) review" I got this game thinking it would be really cool like Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's Conker's birthday and someone crashed his party! Sponsor Guide | The game is played from a top-down perspective, where Conker explores a large environment in an attempt to recover his stolen Presents. Product Release: Conker's Pocket Tales (US, 06/08/99) Rent or Buy-Even if I wrote this review ten years ago when it was still rentable I would have said the same thing- Buy it as soon as you can find it. Thank you for reading! Read GameSpot player reviews and contribute your own! Once I realized what the plot was like I started to become a little frightened, but the game still had potential to be good. The game, unlike Conker's Bad Fur Day, is of mild nature. Join the community to review your favourite games Create your account. In 1999, Conker made his first solo debut in Conker's Pocket Tales for the Game Boy Color. In their review, they compliment the game's variety of gameplay, but criticize it's simplicity. Some worlds are a mix of one or more of these concepts. 1. 1. There is currently no information about this game's credits. You can search for The game was put out after multiple delays of Conker's N64 game, while it was still intended to be aimed at a younger audience. The nefarious Evil Acorn has yet to make his return. This game has some mini-games in the other worlds, which fortunately are not difficult or annoying at all.A lot of reviews I've read mentioned the game being difficult. It's a shame that there are only 2 Conker adventures, he really deserves more! The variety of worlds and the difficulty that doesn't annoy you, yet keeps you engaged at all times go together to make this one of my favorites.