(electronics) Epitaxial Integrated Circuit. Even though my study of the Greek and Sanskrit epics does not rely on their relation by inheritance or influence, I will adopt the aforementioned methods of geneticists and diffusionists as I consider the categorizations of these poems in their premodern and modern contexts. Log in. As she selects and connects her comparanda “for … her own good theoretical reasons,”, In my own independence study, I aim to interpret the poems by (and about) bardic rulers that the Greek and Sanskrit epics incorporate. Washington, DC 20008 |, Shubha Pathak, Divine yet Human Epics: Reflections of Poetic Rulers from Ancient Greece and India, Introduction. This type of perspective is instructive even in instances where the objects of study have no common origin or history of contact. “Mahabharata” is one of the two major Sanskrit epics of India. To reformulate the category of epic, then, I will study not only how this category came to be applied to the. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. The three comparisons that compose my study are of three different types based on three different assumptions about how the comparanda of concern are interrelated. As nouns the difference between epic and drama is that epic is an extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a deity or demigod (heroic epic) or other legendary or traditional hero while drama is drama. Sanskrit Epic and the Sanskrit Drama, Again, statistical analysis shows that there's a transparent correlation between transitivity and … The nature of what is shared by epics being compared, as well as the extent of their pre-existing interconnection, varies between the three major types of comparative studies considered here. At some point in its long history, the epic category collapsed into a class of adventure story. This great Sanskrit dramatist lived before Kalidasa and wrote many short plays that are staged even today. It is basically an anthology of variant poets covering themes of war, romance and laments of personal life. Google Play, Android and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Bāṇabhaṭṭa and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Bharavi and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Indian classical drama and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Indian epic poetry and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Jayadeva and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Kannada and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Koodiyattam and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Kumārasambhava and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Mahabharata and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Mallinātha Sūri and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Mālavikāgnimitram and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Natya Shastra and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Puranas and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Raghuvaṃśa and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Sanskrit and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Shakuntala (play) and Vedic and Sanskrit literature, Vedic and Sanskrit literature and Vikramōrvaśīyam, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, What Kālidāsa and Vedic and Sanskrit literature have in common, What are the similarities between Kālidāsa and Vedic and Sanskrit literature.