BANNED CARDS The following cards are banned. Emma Handy shows you how to find, categorize, and exploit opposing Modern decks' flaws at SCG Regionals! We’d found that many folks misinterpreted them as hard criteria for banning as opposed the guidelines we always considered them. Daretti Spaghetti. We’re going to talk ALL about it and give you our thoughts on the banning of Paradox Engine and Iona, the unbanning of Painter’s Servant, and the direction commander is heading in general. http://www.patreon.com/commandzone ———- Show Notes: In this special episode, Jimmy and Josh give their thoughts and reactions to the Rules Committee’s most recent card bannings (and the unban!). Hopefully I can re tool it and still make it work bc it's my favorite deck. There might be some common threads among banned cards, but the primary reason cards get put on the list is that they challenge the positive experience we want to promote. I'm not completely sold on Engines ban because you do need to build around it. Banlist was updated by Konami in July 15, 2019. Easily inserted into any deck, it combines with cards which players already have heavy incentives to play, generating a great deal of mana with virtually no deck building cost. Join us discussing news, tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, lore, fan art, cosplay, and more. Paradox Engine is a card that has proven to be intensely problematic. Restricted List, July 2019 ... Where the date has a note, e.g. While we don’t ban cards which are only problematic if you build around them, Paradox Engine has clearly demonstrated that it doesn’t need to be built around to be broken. There's literally nothing stopping any of us from starting a cEDH format. The Nitpicking Nerds – Commander Banlist Update and Discussion (7/8/19), The Command Zone – Major Banning Announcement – Reactions l The Command Zone #276 l Magic: the Gathering EDH. https://www.patreon.com/user?u=15711695 Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/Nitpicking Nerds Music: “Digital Lemonade,” […], #commander ban list, #iona shield of emeria, #nitpicking nerds, #painters servant, #paradox engine Read More ». ... 21 January 2019. Be a part of our community, receive awesome rewards, and more! New changes to the EDH banned list! You’ll notice that we’ve eliminated categories for banning cards. How To Beat Anything In Modern, by Emma Handy, Devoted To Ayara: Sacrificing Creatures For Fun And Profit, by Autumn Burchett, StarCityGames.com® Premium Article. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. RULES No changes. Click here to sign up, Introducing Mardu Stoneblade, by Gerry Thompson. A banlist update, for commander!? Their presence continues to add great value to the format. ‘Regional update’, this means it has had a local update, only in that language, to clarify a translation issue or other minor correction. We’re going to talk ALL about it and give you our thoughts on the banning of Paradox Engine and Iona, the unbanning of Painter’s Servant, and the direction commander is heading in general. I'd do it, but A) I'm just some nobody jerk B) I don't play cEDH that often, just occasionally at my LGS and I'm not even any good at it. Yeah I'm super sad. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Specifically, the Wishes all have the same Oracle ruling "In a sanctioned event, a card that’s “outside the game” is one that’s in your sideboard. Having the blessing of the committee would restore some faith back in the EDH committee itself from cEDH players who don't feel like the EDH committee has their interests at heart and would also help foster momentum for such a format. ... July 8, 2019 by Community Spotlight . IONA, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Banned:[[Iona, shield of emeria]][[Paradox Engine]], Iona, shield of emeria - (G) (SF) (txt)Paradox Engine - (G) (SF) (txt)Painter's servant - (G) (SF) (txt)[[cardname]] or [[cardname|SET]] to call. They cannot be included in … Every deck has weaknesses, and all those weaknesses fall into a handful of categories. Commander Banned List Update - 1/21/19. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. ... New changes to the EDH banned list! I had an idea for a brew, but I forgot what it was about... Maybe I can remember again what my idea was... Would it happen to involve [[grindstone]]? Many thanks to the Commander Advisory Group for the input and insights into putting together this update. Is it four coloured Niv Mizzet Reborn with mono coloured cards and creature tutors for servant? Rules Committee member Sheldon Menery gives deep insights into Commander philosophy and the banning decisions. Rules Committee member Sheldon Menery gives deep insights into Commander philosophy and the banning decisions. Have you heard about the newest lock for creatures and commanders alike, [[Llawan, Cephalid Empress]]? Commander Banned List Update - 1/21/19. The Philosophy Document update coalesces the … How on earth did they think a high mana cost was a barrier in EDH? With two cards getting banned from Commander and one returning, there's lots to discuss! We had previously considered its high mana cost sufficient to keep it from getting played, but deeper investigation demonstrated many ways of getting it onto the battlefield without paying that cost. I'm gonna go ahead and use this reposting of the post to advocate *yet again* for a cEDH committee to be formed with the consent of the EDH committee. I ran an enchantress pro everything deck with sigarda. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The card will provide deck builders with some additional paths to explore in expressing their creativity. Iona, Shield of Emeria creates a negative experience for many players without the benefit of a positive application. EDHREC relies on ads to pay server costs and fund new features. ADMIN Philosophy Document Update. My Kaalia deck weeps. CARDS No Changes. Iona, Shield of Emeria creates a negative experience for many players without the benefit of a positive application. The Philosophy Document update coalesces the important elements of how we think about the format into a concise and easin-digesti… EDH is the home of high mana cost shenanigans. 489. For example, I have it in my [[Squee the Immortal]] deck to let me go infinite with 2 or 3+ red Mana from rocks and a sac outlet, but I would not put it in [[Izoni]], [[Edric]] or [[lavaz the multifarious]] as it doesn't synergize with the deck.