An error occurred while marking the devotional as read. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular. Colossians 1:13-14. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. Colossians 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Read verse in New King James Version Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: Isaiah 49:24,25 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship. Romans 6:17-22 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you…, Psalm 2:6,7 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion…, Isaiah 9:6,7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace…, Daniel 7:13,14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him…. Col 1:13 - He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Tools. of All things were created hthrough Him and for Him. Celebrate the Resurrection (Colossians 1:13, NKJV) large size bulletin features:He Is RisenCelebrate The ResurrectionHe has delivered us from the power of darkness. Col Co) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools. . Get beautiful Bible art delivered to your inbox. rule, or a realm. From the love of the Father, the first cause of salvation, we pass to the efficient cause in the redemption and propitiation of the Son. Please try again soon. (2) His NATURE AS THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, the creator and sustainer of all things heavenly and earthly (Colossians 1:15-17). Colossians should be dated c. a.d. 60, in the same year as Ephesians and Philemon. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} Matthew 12:29,30 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? He, she, it, they, them, same. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Letters: Colossians 1:13 Who delivered us out of the power (Coloss. Luke 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness. (1) His SALVATION AND REDEMPTION of us all (Colossians 1:13-14). force, capacity, competency, freedom, or mastery, delegated influence. 7:4 I now rejoice in my sufferings # Eph. (4) His MEDIATION, reconciling all to God, first generally stated, then applied especially to the Colossians (Colossians 1:19-23).]. 15 He is dthe image of the invisible God, ethe firstborn over all creation. In the Epistles of the preceding group, to the Corinthians, Galatians, and Romans, chief and almost exclusive prominence is given to the universal mediation of Christ, as justifying and sanctifying all the souls of men. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Scripture taken from the New King James Version. From the base of skia; shadiness, i.e. Colossians 1:13-14 New King James Version (NKJV). There was an error while trying to create your account. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. I, the first-person pronoun. Obscurity. Red Letter. Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular. What was before implied is now explicitly asserted; what was before emphatic ally asserted is now taken for granted, and made the stepping-stone to yet higher and more mysterious truth. 8:17; 2 Cor. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Plural. 1:23 the sake of His body, which is the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to # Gal. New King James Version (NKJV).