Visit Insider's homepage for more stories, 8 cocktails that seem fancy but are surprisingly easy to make, 17 strangely delicious food hybrids you need to try in your lifetime, I'm from Connecticut and lived in the South for 4 years — here are the Southern fast-food chains I miss the most, A bartender shares 6 easy cocktails to make at home with just a few ingredients. Not a bourbon fan? 1.5 oz cold espresso. It has the same effect without all of the legwork, and it is the creamiest nog I’ve ever had. This is an English milk punch where the milk is curdled with citrus and strained to make a clear drink with a silky mouthfeel. Whether you’re looking to throw a cocktail party with friends or savor a warm mug of spiked tea alone by the fire, these boozy beverage ideas will provide a sense of comfort and warmth. Hot chocolate is the ultimate cold weather drink, but pairing it with liquor will really get you in the holiday spirit. It’s a lovely and elegant drink for fall happy hours and gatherings. All Rights Reserved. Bourbon-Spiked White Hot Chocolate. Add bourbon and ice to mixing glass. The French 75 is a classic cocktail with Champagne, simple syrup, lemon juice, and gin or cognac (it's pictured here with gin). Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. They embrace autumnal flavors like apples and pears. Make a classic White Russian with vodka, heavy cream and coffee liqueur. While cocktails can make for a cozy night in, it's also never too early to start planning the drinks menu for your intimate holiday soirée. The herbal, bitter Cynar gets tamed by the rich Cognac and the sweetness of the Punt e Mes. Alcoholic Winter Cocktails If you don't have simple syrup, you can dissolve a teaspoon of sugar with the lemon juice before making the rest of the drink. Poppy seeds . FYI: If you buy something through a link in our posts we may get a small share of the sale. Photo Credit: Photography by Tracie Hire a professional instead. The base is split between rye whiskey and cognac, and in addition to sweet vermouth there is a splash of Benedictine and dashes of Peychaud's and Angostura bitters. Pumpkin pie is often associated with Thanksgiving. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! Get the recipe. October 13, 2020. Reporting on what you care about. Get the recipe. Burn a small fire in a wooden plank. It's a simple equal-parts cocktail for fans of amari. Like what you see here? Contact us here! It's a bracing, spirit-forward drink for people who really love the taste of rye. 6 or Angostura Orange Bitters over Fee Brothers (if you have some other less common orange bitters you like, feel free to use those). You can serve this up in a coupe glass with no ice, or as I have it pictured here, in a rocks glass with a big cube. The Spicy Devil's Margarita, from Panama Jack Resorts Cancun in Mexico, packs a punch. For many of us, our cocktails of choice change with the seasons. Heat red wine, brandy, oranges, cloves, cinnamon and honey in a saucepan on the stove until it comes to a boil.