Lightly grease grill and cook pork with lid closed, about 5 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and cooked to desired doneness. Plating Pixels | Matthew Ivan | All rights reserved. Preheat the grill. The inspiration for this dish comes from an old booklet I bought when I was just starting my apprenticeship as a chef. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. ©2020 Kingsford Products Company. Prepare the grill for cooking over direct medium-hot heat (see note). Allow pork chops to sit up to 20 at room temperature up to 20 minutes (optional) for flavors to soak it. Grill the pork chops for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side over a medium heat. Discard any unused rub. Working a few short stints in a winter ski resort and a city hotel in Basel/Switzerland during the following years he took the opportunity to work in New York in 1986. All Rights Reserved. Throughout his career, Thomas liked the challenges and diversity of hotel operations. https://www.kingsford.com/recipe/pork-chops-with-coffee-dry-rub Just recently while cleaning up some of my old stuff, in stored in boxes, I came across this little booklet and found a coffee rubbed recipe for pork chops in it. | Privacy Policy. See cooking tips above for suggestions. Lightly oil the pork chop, then sprinkle generously with the spiced coffee rub. If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit (64 Celsius), followed by a three-minute rest. electronic platforms, please call us at 1-800-232-4745 so that we Unique and flavorful spiced coffee rub grilled pork, perfect for summer barbecues. Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat. This recipe is fantastic for BBQ’s and Grill parties. We’ll also share exclusive offers and other great info from Kingsford Charcoal. How to Grill Chicken Breast (Juicy and Tender). Combine the salt, coffee, paprika, granulated garlic and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Note: If roasting a large joint of meat, rub the spiced coffee rub generously all over the meat and allow to marinate for at least 6-8 hours before roasting. Coffee, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic, spices and herbs creates caramelized, tender grilled pork. Born in Bern, Switzerland, Thomas followed in the footsteps of his mother and entered a three-year cooking apprenticeship program and graduating it at the age of 20. Whether you use it with pork chops or chicken its equally delicious! In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until well blended. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Rub into the meat evenly and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Let the chops rest covered with aluminum foil before serving. Generously rub both sides of the pork chops with the coffee rub. In a small bowl combine all ingredients except pork chops. bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned. There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review, SPICE CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH ORANGE AND GINGER BEURRE BLANC, Traditional Romanian Pig’s Alms (Pomana Porcului), Flavored Black Slavonian Pork Fillet with Pumpkin and Beetroot. Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 20 mins Store leftover spice rub in an airtight jar, for the next BBQ. Pat the pork chops dry with the paper towel and rub generously with COFarms coffee rub. Sprinkle mixture onto both sides of each pork chop and rub in until well coated. The recipe can be used for beef or chicken as well, although, I would then reduce the sugar content. Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops recipe at-a-glance: coffe rub, cowboy rub recipe, grilled pork chop, Grilled Pork Chops (How to Grill Juicy Pork Chops). Place the chops directly on the cooking grate. Jerk Pulled Pork Shoulder Sliders. If you like your chops a little more done, you can cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (72 Celsius). He recently joined a Hotel & Restaurant Management school in Manila, Philippines as Senior Culinary Faculty. Although the recipe in the booklet was much simpler, I liked the taste and the general idea of it. Grill it like a steak…but with pork … For the past 15 years, Thomas has explored South East Asia and it’s cuisines and regional specialties. This is how, an amended version of it, I now use with pork chops for BBQ’s or as a rub when roasting a whole loin of pork, ended in our web based recipe collection. 2020 © Chef's Pencil   Privacy Policy & Terms of Service  Advertise with us  Contact us. This is a simple, yet amazing coffee crusted grilled pork chops recipe by Chef Thomas Wenger. Your email address will not be published. Pork Belly With Baked Radish, Carrot Puree and Caramelized Apples. Easy spiced Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops. Grill to your liking. If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit (64 Celsius), followed by a three-minute rest. Most Underrated Foodie Destinations in the World (2/2 City Rankings), Most Underrated Foodie Destinations in the World (1/2 Country Rankings), A Guide to Chef’s Hats (History + Types of Chef Hats), Best 31 Gifts for Chefs and Cooks in 2020 (updated November 2020). can provide you access through an alternative method. Cook for 5 minutes. When it's time to start grilling my coffee rub will be the unexpected deliciousness that will bring smiles to your table. accessible for all users, and will continue to take all steps necessary to ensure compliance with applicable laws. Recipe: Chef's Pencil is part of the Amazon Associate Program and earns from qualifying purchases. Good cookbooks were very expensive and I could not always afford them so I bought myself this little paperback booklet dedicated to “Western Cooking” meaning the fare of the cowboys and the Midwest. He worked in some of the most exciting cities in the world – Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok and his culinary style reflects the many experiences and the people he worked with. What was originally planned as a one-year experience in New York lasted three years and went on to a global career, which led him to Australia and on to Hong Kong in 1990. Lightly oil the pork chop, then sprinkle generously with the spiced coffee rub. Kingsford is committed to making its website Season the pork chops evenly on both sides with the rub. Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly on behalf of Kingsford. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high until shimmering, add the chops, rosemary, and … Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Cherrywood, 6 medium, bone-in pork chops about 1-inch thick. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Sign up for our mailing list and we’ll send you “show-stopper” grilling ideas and recipes to make your cookouts the talk of the town.