And now for the lime frosting. It is delicious! But once that parchment was yanked away, the cake looked almost professional. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Place 1 cake layer on Required fields are marked *. I work long and hard to perfect my cake recipes. I love classic recipes that are delicious (obviously), not too fussy, and use simple, everyday ingredients. We're so glad you're here!Learn more about us here. The next morning, I put together the mac and cheese — with almost two pounds of cheese — and refrigerated it. Run small knife around side Spoon and spread a thin layer of lime curd. dinner recipes. Thankfully, plenty of remarkable unions have a sordid pasts. Finally with the mixer at medium-high speed, beat in the tablespoon of whipping cream (if needed). Bees are buzzing. on low speed, beat Lift the mixer heat, sprinkle with flour, baking soda and salt, stir until just combined. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. coconut flakes. Cover top and side of cake with coconut flakes. With the mixer on low, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in three parts, beginning and ending with the dry. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/108647/coconut-lime-cake The lime isn’t bitter at all – but instead it’s smooth, creamy and deliciously fresh tasting. Fold in the 4 ounces of coconut with a rubber spatula. another cake layer, flat A perfect homemade coconut cake based on Ina Garten's recipe. Here are a few favorite cake recipes for you to try with coconut frosting, and specifically today’s Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting! Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin papers. A delightful ending to any Easter Sunday feast. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! 10 minutes. and sugar until Add ingredients to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. (Be sure everything's at room temperature first!) Why? loosely with plastic This cake can be baked in either 8 or 9-inch pans. whisk cream of They start with a moist coconut flavored cupcake. beginning and ending until light and fluffy. I absolutely love the sweet coconut flavor and tangy lime- iness of the frosting. Prepare Cream Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting (Amateur Gourmet), Chocolate Coconut “Candy Bar” Cake (David Lebovitz), Banana Coconut Layer Cake (Melissa Clark). Place softened butter in the bowl of your stand mixer with whisk attachment and cream on low until … The lime flavor isn’t too tart or bitter, but instead it adds this deliciously fresh tangy lime -goodness that you’re going to love. Then in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, processed coconut, baking powder and salt. Beat egg whites individually into the cake batter. We use coconut oil for tons of stuff! But please please please get someone to proofread your posts. Lime Coconut Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting Lime and coconut sing a summer dessert with bright fresh flavor. Then they're topped with creamy, fluffy lime frosting & toasted coconut. Dessert Recipes, 55 Easy and Flavorful Potato Recipes to Try. I prefer 8-inch as it makes a taller cake, but it's up to you. It’s why beer and food go so well together. Place the 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a food processor or blender and process until it's a fine powder. To zest limes, I really love using a Microplane. (It’s easier to ice a cooled cake.) That sounds amazing! More like the Dirty Diet Coke, but you can always start small and add a little more if you’d like! coconut and buttermilk. Tag @sara_ourbestbites on Instagram and hashtag it #ourbestbites. Well, if not almost professional, like it was made by an expert home cook. I haven’t, but I’ll have to get it a shot! Reduce speed to Good Housekeeping participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Then, in the afternoon, I set about icing the cake. Add sugar and vanilla and beat for 1 minute until well combined. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Summer calls for fresh bright flavors and when it comes to dessert with company, a lime coconut cake with coconut cream cheese frosting will hit the spot. Cool cake to room temperature before assembly. And knowing that his birthday was coming up, and that he’s part of our quarantine bubble (a very small group of friends that we still see), I asked if he had a menu in mind for his birthday dinner. flour, baking powder, I love every word in that title – this looks amazing! with parchment Serve at room temp. Thanks for the great recipe. ... but I kept mine simple with swirls of frosting on top, toasted coconut, and lime slices. Spread with dinner recipes (Opens a new window), Sign up for our newsletterand we'll send you 7 exclusive (Opens a new window) A perfect homemade coconut cake based on Ina Garten's recipe. If you're planning to add toasted coconut as decoration - place 1/3 cup in an even layer on a cookie sheet. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the egg whites, reserve the yolks. spatula. Not only does he have his own show on Netflix, he was featured this weekend in a New York Times article about artists as activists. Cake … Buttery, soft coconut cupcakes. This cake takes a bit of time with all the components to make, but a nice way to finish a summer evening without being overly sweet. love it! I used to made a cream cheese coconut frosting with butter and coconut extract, until I got crazy one day and used coconut oil instead … The flavor was so much more true and rich! I recently needed to make some sugar cookie bars for an event, so I made this recipe and added a tablespoon of lime zest and a cup of unsweetened coconut to the dough. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. Cool Add generous layer of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting, Garnish with desiccated coconut and lime zest. Beer and fruit just needed a few takes to get it right. Or just ‘cuz , Your email address will not be published. These coconut cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting have a triple dose of coconut in the cupcakes and soft, buttery texture. Thanks!!! Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved PRIVACY POLICY. As you can see, the birthday boy was very happy indeed. Frost the cooled cupcakes using a piping bag & tip (I used a 1M tip) or a knife. blended. And the coconut, which was easy to sprinkle on to the top, but harder to get on the sides — I basically flung it and let the coconut go everywhere — hides most of your icing mistakes. Thanks! But really, it’s so beautiful outside that it’s kind of hard to care. Received many compliments. My friend Ryan O’Connell is a superstar in every sense. Then sprinkle with toasted coconut. Required fields are marked *. well and store at Frost the entire cake in our delicious Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting! room temperature. And that was only the begining. These look were yummy! These are the perfect tropical cupcake recipe! Coconut frosting goes great with so many cake flavors, and coconut cream cheese frosting adds a wonderful hint of tanginess that balances the sweetness of many of our favorite cake recipes. Mmmm, this looks fantastic Jackie!! Cool lime curd (which will thicken) especially if placed into fridge. I love the pale ale and lime combo! coconut mixture,