Please see our. That is why I got fired from my last job. I make a dish, admire it and right away am already planning another one. 8. My brain is literally exploding with recipe ideas, I have time to make 50% of them, the rest is in my dreams. So here is the thing- brown rice … These cookies do not store any personal information. I mean go for organic brown jasmine rice and good luck finding it.:). We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Your email address will not be published. Add rice, milk, water, salt and coconut. Learn how your comment data is processed. Now for over 10 years, I cook quick and easy healthy meals for my family. Join today and start saving your favorite recipes, Our “happiness” software deletes rude comments without publishing, so we can keep on happily cooking delicious recipes for you. This coconut brown rice turned out fantastic! As an adult, I tried many diets without results. So perfect when you don’t need a full can. I can help you with “What’s for dinner?” too. Ahhh Brown rice….The breakfast of champions. It is never enough. Wash rice and set aside. Bring to a boil. Leftover coconut milk doesn’t refrigerate well for long. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. And no, it doesn’t involve a bottle of buffalo sauce. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Cilantro Coconut Brown Rice is a refreshing wholesome side dish recipe for your fish or chicken. Oh, he also sucks at counting money. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Flavourful brown rice recipe with full fat coconut milk. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge. I’m such breaking the rules food blogger…Wait, there are rules?! Delicious summery variation for a side dish. And this is our healthy family recipes blog. I don’t even have many blogger friends. Reduce heat to the lowest and cook for 30 minutes. I need an assistant. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork. And more than in love with my Instant Pot. This coconut brown rice turned out fantastic! click here to jump down to the brown rice with coconut milk recipe. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender (about 50-60 minutes). ifoodrealcom.bigscoots-staging.com is a participant of Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Cook rice for 30 seconds, stirring often- until rice is well coated. So, this size was perfect. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions. If you can find it, go for it. I don’t even have a glossy picture of me. So, this coconut brown rice. Many are inspired by my Ukrainian heritage. Alex loves my addiction because we all know by now Alex can’t cook a sh*t. He knows that, so I’m allowed to say it. Add the water and a good pinch of salt. Home / Side Dish / Cilantro Coconut Brown Rice. Tag @ifoodreal or #ifoodreal on Instagram. 7. Crack a can of coconut milk. Fluff rice with a fork. As a matter a fact I had some for breakfast today. Your email address will not be published. That one I won’t complain about LOL. This page may contain affiliate links. I grew up in Ukraine on real food. My name is Olena Osipov. Fluff with a fork and add a bunch of cilantro. I'm a mom to 2 boys and a wife to Alex. Cook on high until boiling. The flavor of the coconut milk is subtle, and pairs perfectly with Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa, Tilapia with Coconut Curry Sauce, Thai green coconut curry shrimp, to name a few.The photo above is the rice topped with the mango salsa from the Sweet and Fiery Pork. Add cilantro and gently stir. Stir in the red onion, cover and cook. Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pecans. 3. Show me what you are making! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Brown rice cooked with full-fat coconut milk, salt and a bit of maple syrup. Anyways…I am completely addicted to cooking though. I share mostly dinner recipes because it just never ends... I’m obsessed with healthy freezer meals. Rinse and drain rice under cold water. I am horrible at following instructions and rules. https://www.thespruceeats.com/brown-coconut-rice-recipe-3217741 It obtains this soapy taste which is disgusting. I am currently eating a copious amount of this cilantro lime coconut brown rice. Right now I have 4 recipes photographed and ready to go but who would edit pictures and write up the recipe for me?! I grew up in Ukraine on real food. Serve hot. 2. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. If you make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support! Not to mention kitchen cleaning, social media sharing and submission to various websites. Made a recipe? Where to find time between soaking in the lake and cleaning the kitchen?! I love cooking and writing the actual post but admin part of my blog drives me bananas. The information on this website is for educational purposes only. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. 5. Your email address will not be published. I dream what I will be cooking next majority of time (Alex stop reading now). Sigh. Serve warm or hot. That is for next next recipe. Brown Coconut Rice with Cilantro. Follow @ifoodreal on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #ifoodreal. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. Log in. It will cut down on the cook time. A sneak preview. Who cares…What are we doctors or accountants?! Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. It has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. Fluff with a fork and let cool uncovered for about 5 minutes. It helps keep iFOODreal recipes free. I also saw this tiny 160 ml can of coconut milk and loved the size. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Place oil in the pan, then add rice. My brain is literally exploding with recipe ideas, I have time to make 50% of them, the rest is in my dreams. Sigh. Cover tightly and reduce heat to lowest setting; cook 45 minutes. Stir in zest, juice and cilantro. I'm a mom to 2 boys and a wife to Alex. 4. Spread oil in the bottom of a regular sized pot. I need an assistant. Hello! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly.