If it is still too al dente, you can keep it in covered in the pan where it should cook further in the steam. Yes you can use Basmati rice cooked in the same way. Bring to a boil. The rice should still have a little 'bite' to it when cooked. The whole grain and nothing but the grain! Pour in the stock and coconut milk, stir once and bring to a simmer. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your email address will not be published. Main course. I can’t wait to try this! Fluff the rice and garnish with finely sliced spring onions and chopped roasted cashews.

Current rating: 4.4 (18 ratings) Serves 4 .

This delicious coconut brown rice with ginger lime and squash is the perfect pairing for The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with chilli, lime and ginger dressing. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. What's the difference between probiotics and prebiotics? Heat some vegetable oil in a large lidded casserole dish or pan. You can find the Saucy Fish Co. products at the frozen aisle of The Food Warehouse, by Iceland stores stores nationwide.

Heat some vegetable oil in a large lidded casserole dish or pan. I love how colourful the recipe is too! Pour in the stock and coconut milk, stir once and bring to a simmer. I also add a hint of turmeric, ginger and chili to add some spice and bitterness to balance out the sweetness from the coconut milk and then I finish the rice off with a touch of cilantro.

Required fields are marked *. I am always looking for fun ideas! I would recommend 1 and 3/4 cups of water instead of 2 and 1/4. But you can also order Saucy Fish Co. products from their own. Your email address will not be published. If the rice is still too al dente after 30 minutes, continue to cook for a further 5 minutes if there's still liquid in the pan. Fry the onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Easy tuna salad pot by Justine Pattison . You can find the Saucy Fish Co. products at the frozen aisle of The Food Warehouse, by Iceland stores stores nationwide. This adds a subtle sweetness to the rice.

It was great! Even more delicious than plain brown rice is – of course – coconut brown rice! Step 4. Main course.

Thanks for sharing.

This would be a beautiful and delicious dish for at home date nights!

Can eating breakfast help your kids get better grades? This is a dish that my family would love! Heat some vegetable oil in a large lidded casserole dish or pan. Thanks for the feedback Tremaine, I haven't run into that issue before.

I create simple, fresh + flavorful recipes for the modern kitchen. All Natural and Delicious.

Stir in the rice and cook for 2 minutes. Pollution Incident Response Management Plan, Sanitarium Health Food Company New Zealand, Helping communities access clean water in Vietnam, Sanitarium's launches new children's healthy eating initiative, Aussie kids vote Weet-Bix most trusted at breakfast, Sanitarium™ launches new UP&GO™ No Added Sugar, Introducing even more ways for Aussie kids to give it a TRY, Noom, sirtfood, f-factor - our dietitians review the latest diet trends, Midlife intolerances: signs you may be developing a food intolerance or allergy, 5 foods a dietitian always add to their basket and 5 they don't, Promoting active, confident, healthy kids.

SERVES 6 AS A SIDE “This rich and fragrant rice is delicious with curries or as a side to any Asian main course, and it makes a great change from plain boiled rice. Easy habits to get your family happy and healthy in 2020. Add 1 teaspoon salt. This delicious coconut brown rice with ginger, lime and squash is the perfect pairing for The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with chilli, lime and ginger dressing. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork. This looks so colourful and tasty. Filed Under: Main Meals, Rice Tagged With: side dish. This is so yummy on its own but even better with The Saucy Fish Co. salmon – a regular meal in our house… about to tuck into a plate as it happens! Step 5. My favourite product is their salmon with chilli, lime and ginger dressing – so convenient and easy to cook plus mega delicious of course!

Place on a baking tray and cook in a 170°C/ 340°F for 28 mins. This sounds lovely Lucy. I’ve loved Thai food for years, we’re so lucky in Toronto have so many amazing Thai restaurants so when a craving hits, I’ll usually just order takeout.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Love me some Thai coconut rice any day of the week, especially when it’s brown rice! Post last edited April 15, 2020 | 8 Comments.

Step 1. Take a look at the video to see how its done!

Are your New Year’s resolutions holding you back? Your pics are gorgeous too…thanks for sharing! Let me know if you give this coconut brown rice a try in the comments below. Stir in the rice and cook for 2 minutes. Required fields are marked *. It's quite easy and looks like delicious. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes. Our Coconut Brown Rice combines the benefits of regular brown rice with the distinctive flavor of oven-fry in a perfect blend of nutrition and taste.

Rinse the brown rice until water runs clear and then let it sit in warm water while you start cooking the risotto.

Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to the lowest simmer you can achieve, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. While brown rice can sometimes taste a bit bland and husky, slowly cooking brown rice with half quantities of water and coconut cream makes all the difference. Heat the chilli, lime and ginger dressing and brush over the salmon. I love The Saucy Fish Co. frozen range and always have some in my freezer. Let stand 5 minutes.
Step 3. Gingerbread Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting ». Rince the brown rice until water runs clear and then let it sit in warm water while you start cooking the risotto. How to make healthy food fun for your kids, Going vegan – three things you need to know, Why your family needs a healthy sleep schedule — and how to create one, Giving your child a healthy sense of self, How to help your kids switch on without tuning out, 5 road trip hacks for the summer holidays, Five easy tips to help you win the screen time battle.

This spicy Thai rice is perfect for serving with Thai-inspired dishes like my curried coconut milk poached salmon or chicken peanut stir fry. Stir fry lime and coconut chicken. Step 2.

Brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice but provides many more nutrients and fibre and is well worth the effort. It will probably require only 20-25 minutes cooking time. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and rice is just tender – it should still have a little bite to it. Can’t eait to try this product as it seems so simple any yummy. Pssst… You can find the Saucy Fish Co. products at the frozen aisle of The Food Warehouse, by Iceland stores stores nationwide. Our Organic Coconut Brown Rice contains only 100% organic ingredients in a naturally delicious staple.
Stir in the garlic, ginger, diced red pepper and butternut squash.

Main course.

The salmon cooks from frozen in under 30 minutes and comes with a delicious dressing – perfect for pairing with Asian-inspired quick noodle and rice dishes.

Step 6. Visit: https://www.sanitarium.com.au/recipes/a-z/coconut-brown-rice.

The answer is a big fat yes… but I have yet to test this exact recipe so keep your eyes peeled for an update.

Filed Under: gluten free, side dish, vegan, vegetarian Tagged With: gluten free, pantry staples, side dish, vegan, vegetarian, Your email address will not be published. Place the salmon in the handy oven-bake bag. Sides & salads; Low in sugar; Low in sodium; This fluffy rice with its nutty texture is excellent served with Indian dishes. Want to get 'appy? Remove all the packaging, setting the sauce sachet aside for later. Add the lime juice and agave nectar. Prep 5 .

Bring water, coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, chili and salt to a boil. Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and MyPlate Info, https://www.livinglou.com/coconut-brown-rice/. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cook 25 . We love making asian food at home. Fry the onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Step 3. Thank you for the inspiration! If all the liquid has been absorbed, leave the rice in the pan, covered, so that it continues to cook in the steam.

Such an easy and tasty way to vary a rice dish.