We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. You can work out there was a lake there and it was a time you could still walk from Britain to the Continent. But it makes for an energetic stage show. Clive Anderson and guests ask if the government should be able to revoke our citizenship. Over many years a frequent performer at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in revues, chat shows, radio and TV programmes,  Clive Anderson took his first solo show Me, Macbeth & I to the fringe in 2019 to critical acclaim and a sold out run. I did a good interview with Mikhail Gorbachev with a translator after he’d stopped being leader of the USSR. on radio and then television and winning the 1991 British Comedy Award. Live & interactive virtual magic experience via zoom with. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. The Bee Gees left before our interview got going — or they got going before the interview did! But I wouldn’t have known what I was missing. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. ... Edinburgh Fringe 2019. Oh God, is it? It’s depressing because you look back and the things you find a lot of are weapons. Clive fronted ten series of Clive Anderson Talks Back on Channel 4 and four series of Clive Anderson All Talk on BBC 1. In the way of broadcasting, you either persuade someone to do an idea of your own, which is hard, or someone offers you something and you say yes — like this. Clive Anderson and guests ask if the law on Misconduct in Public Office needs reform. Now he takes the show on the road, in debut tour across the UK starting in March 2020. Read about our approach to external linking. I’ve always been interested in history and I’m fascinated enough to happily stand in wet, muddy fields in the middle of winter while an expert tells me why something is buried there, even if we can’t see it any more. It’s a shambles and there are only so many ways you can say that. The main thing in broadcasting is that when I started there were only four channels but now you can access 500 channels so it’s no longer possible for things to have the same sort of impact as Morecambe And Wise or Dad’s Army. It’s quite fun trying to get an expert to describe some hideous death they’ve found evidence of. Old Clivey has been banging about for years, and finally he's been given what he deserves, a fan base on facebook. Clive Anderson's big break came in 1988 when he began presenting. Things have to go wrong in a chat show for people to remember it. Clive Anderson Assembly George Square ****. The times we’re in now are almost too tumultuous to cope with. If I’d stayed a barrister, I might have been involved in some interesting — and lots of not very interesting — cases and might possibly be some sort of judge. Him and his wife Jane, a doctor, have three children. Anderson went on hosted his own chat show, Clive Anderson Talks Back, on Channel 4, which ran for 10 series. It’s a one-man stage show guaranteed to be funnier than Shakespeare’s greatest tragedy, more historically accurate than 24 hours of fake news, less divisive than Brexit, Scottish Independence and Donald Trump put together.