I’ve been making pesto off & on. It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Great! Love this pesto! I’m looking forward to freezing the pesto to enjoy this winter! I made this for my family (which includes a very fussy 10 year old boy) and mixed it through bow-tie pasta with steamed broccoli. Making it again in a few days. Bravo! Never thought of aquafaba to replace oil! This is a classic recipe I use and love. xo, I made this and it was really yummy! And I added no water. Mix with pasta and eat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Yay! Are the nuts supposed to be raw or roasted? Saved even more prep work. I made this with garlic scapes (instead of basil) and sunflower seeds instead of basil and nuts. I did not have lemon or lime juice, so I substituted orange juice, which I read is the next best thing. Nutritional yeast is substituted for the traditionally used dairy. This is a brilliant recipe that really tastes as good as it looks. We’re so glad you enjoyed it, Christine! You could probably use other greens m for the “bulk” of the pesto and then supplement with dried basil for flavor! The flavor will be slightly different, but texturally all will be well. I did make a couple alterations to the recipe: P.S. Or is that dependent on the amount of olive oil and/or water that is used? Aw, love that! If you can tolerate it, use parmesan cheese. – I did 2 TBS pine nuts and 2 TBS walnuts If you’re ever unsure, here is our image sharing guidelines! We have missed pesto since going plant based three years ago. Sunday lunch was a resounding success with the gluten free noodles with pesto, green onions and peas— and some of us indulged in the sun dried tomatoes! I just wish I made more pesto or didn’t use a whole box of pasta when mixing it together. It’s super helpful for us and other readers. I slightly increased the walnuts and olive oil, decreased the water, otherwise did it as written. 3tbs of olive oil and 3tbs of water were more than enough as the pesto was quite liquidy that way. I have never had a more beautiful pesto before! I also added parsley. You can find it online for purchase here! xo, This is delicious -thanks! salt and pepper to taste. Instead of fresh garlic I used fermented garlic, turned out beautifully. Sorry for never telling you how great you are and how much your work is appreciated! I am so happy I found this one. I have made this multiple times and love it! We don’t like it! Now all I have to do for dinners is cook the pasta! Love it! You could add more basil and/or spinach to your current batch to make it more mild. After seeing and trying the sunflower version as well as fulfilling my promise, I will NEVER go back to pine nuts. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Emmi. Aw, thanks for your kind words and lovely review Neelima! Other than that one substitution I followed the recipe as written. Thank you!❤️, We’re so glad you enjoy it, Bethany! It is absolutely delicious! Thanks for the great recipe! I make this with a tweak I picked up from Dana’s Super Green Vegan Kale Pesto and put in an extra cup of fresh parsely. Lots of flavour for just a few ingredients and a tiny amount of effort. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Caley. In fact, I have a really crappy blender so I added the oil and water in advance (only 2 tbsp each) to get everything to mix so it was a one step process. We’re so glad you enjoyed it! It’s super helpful for us and other readers. This was a quick and easy recipe to follow. I haven’t yet found a brand that does not contain folic acid (I have two MTHFR mutations). Such an easy and absolutely delicious pesto recipe, my go-to! We used it for a base on a caprese pizza with vegan mozzarella! Yet another amazing vegan version of a traditional dish. Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed it, Lauren! Excellent recipe. We’re so glad you enjoy it, Stacy! Thanks for sharing! It’s awesome! Using nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt in place of parmesan cheese made my usual recipe dairy-free. I used 4 tbsp of water and 3 tbsp of olive oil. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing :) Xo. Wow, didn’t think about doing that, will try next time. Really didn't taste any difference between this and regular pesto. We’re so glad you both enjoyed it! I decreased to 2 TBL nutritional yeast, 4 TBL pine nuts and only did 1 tbl of water. It was perfect. Perfect vegan and nut free pesto. Thanks so much for sharing! Dana, I am a huge fan of your blog! Try adding sun-dried tomato slices post-completion for an added boost of rich flavor. & Subbed the lemon juice for apple cider vinegar and the nuts for hemp seeds. 1/2 cup chopped? After that, pour into ice cube molds, freeze, and store up to 1 month or more. FABULOUS! This one is amazing. I am allergic to yeast is there a substitute that you would suggest I try? I think the texture of this turned out perfectly, but a bit too much nutritional yeast for my liking! It was really delicious and I will add it to my regular repertoire. For those of you new to the site, check out the BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches and Southwest Tofu Scramble. I also used a little extra lemon and the pine nuts. We used it on zucchini noodles and had garlic toast on the side. Easy to make. I haven’t found (until now) a pesto that would work in a vegan version. There is no worrying about calories …, Butternut Squash Noodles Ingredients: 2 T. extra virgin olive oil 4 c. pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles” 3 T. unsalted butter 1½ T. fresh sage, chopped 2 t. ground …, Vegan Pasta Sauce Ingredients: 1 teaspoon vegetable oil 1/2 small yellow onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 5 large tomatoes, cubed 1 small green bell pepper, diced 1/2 …. But maybe avocado oil? Hands down my favorite pesto. I’m always recommending your recipes to family and friends. I will make this regularly! We don’t give medical advice on this site. I used this on pizza and it was amazing. Very helpful. This was still super good without the parmesan and I’ll be making it again for sure. Adding more olive oil might make the flavor overpowering, but you can certainly try it for a pesto with a thicker consistency!