Thanks for coming back and leaving a lovely comment. How much time do you have? Starting with the “Copycat Cinnabon” years ago. I rolled it out just a little too big and the filling didn’t cover it properly, but I didn’t add more and they came out great. I will definitely make this again but may double up on the dough and save half for later. Cover with a damp cloth and set in a warm place to rise. hi! You can use either! I’ve followed your recipe exactly but my dough doesn’t seem right. Even my mom, who thought she had a good recipe, liked these even better (I gave her some of mine). Using a sharp knife, or unflavored plain dental floss, cut into approximately 2 inch portions, or 12-15 cinnamon rolls. Resist the urge to add more than 2 teaspoons of milk until the icing is fully mixed. Can you give direction of how to make this with active dry yeast instead of instant yeast (it is all I could find at the store!). The instructions were spot on and clear and I got three thumbs ups from my wife and kids. Cheers! Store icing at room temperature, tightly covered, until you’re ready to use it. I made very simple modifications. 7. I own a retail shop, so this time of year is particularly hectic for me. It's simple: Make the rolls the day before you want to serve them. I can see how some people may like more cinnamon filling. In the morning, let the rolls come to room temperature, and then bake. You can add the next 2 cups flour in the bowl (this is hard to mix!) Just this past weekend, for my husband’s quarantine birthday, I put up a Christmas tree, wrapped his gifts in Christmas gift wrap, and decorated the whole house for Christmas while he slept, just to add some magic and wonder to a weird day. This recipe demanded an expression of gratitude).??? Hi! Copyright © Continue 6 to 8 more times, until all the dough has been folded over on itself. I often use this round 10-inch pan for baking the cinnamon rolls or this 5 quart braiser. Repurpose an empty bread bag. Here is another link for substituting other liquids. I combined all ingredients for the filling making a paste, added a tsp of Cointreau and a tsp of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky (I’ve been experimenting with liqueurs lately?). Nixed that, and made a second batch, by mixing the active yeast first into the warm milk and these turned out great!? Do yourself a favor and make them right flipping now. I have to admit I was concerned about the lack of kneading and lack of volume but read the other comments of success with this recipe. Day 1 – made the dough, did the stretch and folds/initial room-temperature rise, then refrigerated. Set aside. Add the salt and cinnamon, and the first 2 cups (of the 4 c) of flour. Thank you for sharing! I refrigerated the dough for several days, but I like the suggestion above for making ahead too. Pinch the seam gently to seal it and position the dough seam side down. How do I make these without a stand mixer? Once cooled, wrap them in plastic, and then place them in a freezer bag for up to 2 weeks. 6 tablespoons (84 g) butter; 6 cups (750 g) powdered sugar; 4 ounces (115 g) cream cheese, softened; 1½ teaspoons (7 ml) vanilla extract; 4 to 10 tablespoons (60 … So glad I found this recipe. I used slightly less sugar than called for in the icing and also had some leftover. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium until smooth and creamy. Bake as directed (they make take slightly longer to bake). This Vanillabeanblog Cinnamon roll recipe is absolute perfection. I found the recipe to be easy to follow, and very forgiving for an inexperienced baker with yeasted doughs. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cinnamon-roll-icing-without-cream-cheese But in the meantime, what do I do with this sticky dough?! TROUBLESHOOTING: I’ve gotten a lot of questions about these cinnamon rolls! for one pan of cinnamon rolls. . Next time, I’ll bring it down to a thickness of about 3 mm as I like more filling with each bite. If only it were possible to serve fresh, soft rolls first thing in the morning — without getting up at midnight to make them! Also the full 2 tsp of salt pushes the boundary between too salty and well flavoured in my opinion. If so, what is the measured equivalent to the active dry yeast and how/at what point would I incorporate? I think it would be fine! Thanks again! 4 ounces (114g) cream cheese, room temperature These are absolutely fantastic! Can I add more cinnamon flavor? (You can read more about the difference in yeast here: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2015/09/25/active-dry-yeast ) If you are worried about it, you could dissolve the yeast in the warm milk instead of adding it to the flour mixture. I followed the recipe exactly. I reduced the salt considerably in the recipe and only used one-fourth of the frosting recipe for a less-sweet roll. Thank you. Incorporate ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and salt and mix on low to combine. More sugar, or a bit of warm water can be used to reach the desired icing consistency. Hello! We like lots of filling in our rolls! I only made 1/2 of the recipe because it’s my first time baking with your recipe but I turned out so good. Paired with classic bold cinnamon flavor and rich vanilla icing, the result is truly the ultimate cinnamon roll. I am sorry, but CIndy Rahe bakery style cimminon rolls are my go to rolls. The second time I dissolved my yeast (which requires no extra effort) and had no issues. Totally didn’t expect you to respond on Christmas Eve, but thank you so much! Store completely cooled rolls, un-iced and well wrapped, for a couple of days at room temperature; or freeze for up to 1 month. 30 Minutes or Less 45 Minutes or Less No Restrictions. I’m inspired to try it next time with bacon, or dulce de leche. Over the moon to come across your recipe. – My existing Bread Starter Do you have to use whole milk? 4 cups (568g) all-purpose flour I’m so happy to finally have success making authentic cinnamon rolls! (Not sticky just too liquify!).