Whisk cocoa, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl, Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition, Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Amirite? They look great!! I’m trying to make these now and it’s just a very powdery mix at the moment…. I hope everyone has an awesome run up to the holidays! You can sub any other neutral oil or melted butter for the coconut oil . Hi, do you use mini muffin tins or the normal sized tins? Nutrition of Cupcakes With Vanilla Frosting . Hi Rachel, The cake recipe took a lot of trial and error to come up with – the yogurt, carrots and cocoa are essential in making sure they turn out right. I was a little skeptical to make the cream cheese frosting at first, but then I made it and it was a great decision. These look so lovely!!! Advice please: If I wanted to reduce the sugar quantity in this recipe to, let’s say, 1/4 Cup instead of 1/2 and use Stevia to make up the rest of the sweetness, would that drastically affect the texture of the sponge? lovely. […] too. Recipe Ingredient Notes. Boxed Chocolate Cake (and box ingredient list) — Any boxed cake mix can be used to make the cupcakes. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I am also OBSESSED with coconut oil at the moment, I just ordered two HUGE jars online. No bake Chocolate fudge - 3 ingredients only! Generously top the cupcakes with frosting once they have cooled completely. Me too! Ooh, I think I finally got it. You are so going christmas shopping, you make christmassy things, you get to wrap up presents…. you can replace the coconut oil with an equal amount of any neutral vegetable oil. Having tried a few in the past, and them always ending up being gummy or tasteless, I’m normally suspicious. And I love your low-calorie option, totally perfect for the holidays when overindulgence is everywhere. yup! Just don't expect them to be as good. I just made these for a friends birthday and no one noticed the difference (other than those I told and even then they were a hit!) I literally took me about 5 trials to come out with a geniunely good chocolate cupcake in the end; I also found that I had to squeeze as much water as possible out of the grated carrot (added for bulk, moisture, fibre, vitamins and sweetness!) They are WONDERFUL. Site SetUp By Kaushik, CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CREAM-CHEESE FROSTING. What is the difference of coconut oil and ofter oils? lovely photos! Bake for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). and then there’s the christmas food. Great looking recipe, might try making these somewhere these upcoming weeks. These look so delicious! Made these today for a friend’s birthday! Put the finely grated carrot into a fine mesh strainer. so moist! * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Banana, Pecan, Coconut and Chocolate Chip Blondies, Coconut Angel Food Cake with Greek Yogurt Frosting, Pumpkin Spice Baked Doughnuts with a Maple-Cinnamon Glaze (GF), 100 + Healthy Recipes (Breakfast, Dips, Appetizers, Desserts & More) » Little Inspiration, Roasted Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins + Friday Favorites | Iowa Girl Eats, 100 Calorie Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate | Home, 100 Calorie Chocolate Cupcakes | My Guilty Desires, Meg's Food! ^_^, Well I made it part of the recipe so..yeah! I’m not even talking about actual legitimate Christmas food (mince pies, gingerbread, candy canes, advent calendar chocolates), but just ALL FOOD. I LOVE the frosting. Pre-heat the oven to 170C. For the chocolate cream cheese frosting: 1/2 cup (50g) powdered sugar 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder 1 1/2 tbsp light cream cheese ... cake was moist and delicious and I would have never known there was carrot in the list of ingredients nor a mere 120 calories per cupcake! I bake for friends and family and sometimes I have such a large order, I’m wondering if these can be made in advance. haha BEAUTIFUL. I use chocolate to go with the Halloween theme.d; Cream Cheese Frosting — If you want to make this recipe even simpler, you can use store-bought frosting. So yeah, these cupcakes may be the perfect solution. In fact, I’ve only just stumbled across your blog and it’s really great, so there’s a lot I’ll be trying. This is my situation too, my mum managed to find coconut oil ridiculously cheaply (like the same price as butter, seriously), so we currently have 4 1/2 jars of it.