With a unique twist on the favorite chocolate zucchini cake, this recipe adds an attractive swirl of cream cheese that will have everyone asking for more. I made a small cake for my son (to destroy) and if I hadn't the 9x13" pan would probably have overflowed while baking. I saved this recipe and will for sure be using it many more times in the future! In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar until thoroughly combined, then mix in 1 egg until the cream cheese mixture is smooth. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Simple to do and it makes a big sheet so it serves many. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Get baking!!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. All Rights Reserved. It was delicious! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. A lot of ingredients and preparation for a below average cake. When swirling the cream cheese batter, be sure it goes down into the cake batter, not just on the surface. A minor change I made to the recipe was using half veggie oil and half applesauce instead of canola oil. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. 377 calories; protein 4.6g 9% DV; carbohydrates 45.6g 15% DV; fat 20.8g 32% DV; cholesterol 42.8mg 14% DV; sodium 260.3mg 10% DV. Cool and enjoy with a scoop of ice cream. Nice moist cake brownie. Baked the cupcakes for 22 minutes and the 13x9 for ~55 minutes. This cake can easily have other variations. So….what are you waiting for? baking soda 1 tsp. Beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture by fourths, alternating with 1/4 cup of buttermilk after every portion of flour mixture. I also used low-fat cream cheese. The only other alteration I made was to replace the milk chocolate chips with white chocolate chips. This recipe was very disappointing. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I made this for my son's 1st birthday party. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. salt 2/3 cup cocoa powder 2 sticks butter 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 1 cup whole milk 1 tsp. It will be puffed up and most candies will now be inside the cake due tot he "earthquake." I have made it without the cream cheese swirl/chips topping and have frosted the cake. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Neither change compromised the recipe whatsoever. Beat in zucchini and vanilla until well combined. It took twice as long to cook than the recipe stated. Christmas Cranberry Bars with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, 1 bag chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate but you can use milk or semi sweet if you prefer), LOTS of chocolates (Use what you love! Bake 45 minutes. It was good and I will probably be making this again with a bit of tweaking! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Use a knife to swirl cream cheese into cake batter. 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, Back to Chocolate Swirl Zucchini Sheet Cake. Drop by heaping teaspoonsful over the cake and swirl lightly through batter for a fabulous variation! There was too much batter to fit in the 13X9 baking pan so it overflowed while baking. Load on all of your chocolates. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar until thoroughly combined, then mix in 1 egg until the cream cheese mixture is smooth. Copyright ©2020, Hugs and Cookies XOXO. April 26, 2017 by Hugs & Cookies xoxo 3 Comments. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This cake is good as is and would also be fun to play with the ingredients. And my Gram's (my dad's mom) favorite cake recipe is Black Bottom Cake, a different chocolate cake recipe which a lot of Pa. Dutch women have made for generations that is a less dark cake, but with a cream cheese and chocolate chip swirl on top. So this is a wonderful mix of two of my favorite women in the world's favorite recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Everyone loved it and a few of my coworkers even took some home for their kids and husbands because they loved them so much. Spoon the cream cheese filling by tablespoonfuls over the batter. It was extremely moist. Step 2 Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl using an electric mixer until well combined. Cake: 2 cups flour 1 tsp. vanilla Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Baking it longer made for a little bit of a cripsy crust which my husband really liked. The taste was very oily. Congrats! This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. I will definitely use this recipe again! I used a 9x13x2 pan as recipe said but the cooking time was about 1 hr.. Good picnic recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I used only 2 cups of sugar and used 3/4 c. oil and 3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. As other reviewers have noted the baking time was very off. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Try using the macaroon (coconut) mixture from the Chocolate Macaroon Tunnel Cake elsewhere on this website in place of the cream cheese in this recipe. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. You saved Chocolate Swirl Zucchini Sheet Cake to your. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Cool on a rack. Spoon dollops of the cream cheese here and there over the cake batter, and swirl the cream cheese mixture through the batter with a table knife to make a marbled effect. Thanks! I used this recipe for cupcakes, without the swirl and just frosted it with cream cheese frosting. Using a table knife, swirl the cream cheese batter back and forth, then turn the pan and swirl it in the opposite direction. I have also added other topping such as coconut, nuts, and caramel. Sprinkle the milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips over the cake. I brought it to a work party and it was a huge hit! In a mixing bowl, beat together 3 cups of sugar with canola oil with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is smooth; add 3 eggs one at a time, and beat again to combine. Cooking time was way off it took an hour to bake. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition View my, Chocolate Explosion Earthquake Cake with Cream Cheese Swirl, This post may contain affiliate links, view my. These cookies do not store any personal information. The baking times is way off though. Even those who normally hate zucchini gobbled it up-and then had seconds! I cut the recipe down to 1/3 and it fit perfectly into an 8x8 pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website.