Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Iron %, Vitamin A 0% When the oil is warm, add the mustard seeds. When choosing them pick ones that are firm, the shape really doesn’t matter. Serve the dish warm with rice and roti. Apr 7, 2015 - Also known as Chinese Okra, Ridge Gourd is a delicious vegetable you can grow in your backyard! Luffa or ridge gourd is an elongated, cylindrical fruit pod in the cucurbitaceae/gourd family of vegetables. Do not add water as the vegetables release a lot of water in which the curry may be cooked. are around them. Add the finely chopped fresh cilantro and sugar. These peas are used in the curry. I bought bok chot last week. (I found that a regular peeler did the job perfectly) Then cut it into slices, or however you desire. Also, tehre’s this grocery store in kingston called “freshCo.” Its a big chain and I’d rather shop at a farmer’s market but they have an incredible selection of exotic fruits and vegetables…some are so wierd looking, I can’t wait to try some of them! Any of the lentils or beans may be used for cooking this dish. I found that cooked they taste very similar to eggplant and zucchini, but has a slight earthy flavor. ( Log Out /  Is your market carrying green dragon In Spanish, it is called an estropajo. 2 tbsp onion. It kind of resembles a cactus to me. Vitamin C %, Calcium % Pinpoint your location annonymously through the Luffa aka Ridge Gourd aka Chinese Okra Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. apples? Luffa species are used as food plants by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species, including Hypercompe albicornis. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Luffa or ridge gourd is an elongated, cylindrical fruit pod in the cucurbitaceae family of vegetables. Once done, open the pressure cooker after all the pressure inside is gone. 3. Chinese okra is an elongated gourd with dark green skin, lined with evenly spaced ridged peaks, that taper at each end. 2 cups Chinese okra or ridge gourd cut into slices. It  kind of resembles a cactus to me. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Add the green chili paste, garlic paste, garam masala (optional), salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. 1/2 tsp Maldive fish optional . ( Log Out /  <- If you like what you see, enter your email address to follow my blog. bhavnaskitchen. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Take the ridge gourds, peel them and chop them into cubes. that was my goal too!! 1. Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0% This vegetable goes by many names: luffa, angled luffa, Chinese okra, and silk squash. Filet Steak (8oz) 2pk Certified Sterling No Hook, Flat Iron Steak (8oz) 2pk Certified Sterling, Heirloom Cherry Mixed - JK Thille Ranches, Dairy Yogurt Whole Milk Vanilla Organic Straus, Groc Container Lids Deli Clear (Polypropylene), Copyright © 1996-2020, Specialty Produce, All Rights Reserved | 1929 Hancock St., Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92110 | 800.221.9730 |, Chinese Okra and Egg Stir Fry (Tumis Oyong dan Telur), Misua with Patola (Somen Noodle Soup with Chinese Okra), Thai Green Curry Paste With Pork and Chinese Okra, Gutti Beerakaaya Kura – Stuffed Ridge Gourd Curry, Fish Fillet Casserole with Loofah and Wood Ear, Leks produce Market at the Oldsmar Florida Flea Ma.