I was so impressed with this recipe!! Made this for dinner tonight. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. The closest thing I had was some leftover sparkling cider. Oh, my. I noticed you did not answer the questions about cooking this recipe with chicken. Thank you! This lady is busy! This braised chicken dish starts on the stove, then finishes in the oven, so you’ll want to use a heavy oven proof skillet or dutch oven with a fitted lid. Any ideas for what to sub for the mushrooms, if anything? The sauce was amazing. Wow! Congrats! What would you recommend as a side? The leftovers will also make a great soup, diluted with broth and maybe some white beans. Looks amazing, Gina, thank you! So delicious and bursting with flavor! We loved it. Were you spying in my kitchen last night during dinner prep? Man, do I wish people would read the recipe and some comments before they post a question. I made it with boneless skinless chicken breasts and doubled the sauce items (because my family really likes sauce/gravy!). Great recipe. I served the chicken with roasted green beans and potatoes with lemon zest and olive oil. So I decided he could chop the Vegas while I browned the chicken. Both times, I have used boneless chicken thighs simply because that’s what I had on hand. Hey, would the taste change if I use chicken breast instead? So yummy!!! Oh my gosh! There’s not a lot of flour, only 2 points worth and divide that by 4. Braised Brisket with Potatoes and Vegetables, Turmeric Braised Chicken with Beets and Leeks, Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato, Chicken Thighs with Shallots in Red Wine Vinegar, Turmeric Braised Chicken with Golden Beets and Leeks. My husband and 4 year old loved it! What is the green vegetable in the photo? This recipe was DELICIOUS! I can double this recipe, right? I think most of the points come from the actual thighs. My family loved it. Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Leeks, skin-off chicken thighs, trimmed, about 40 ounces, chicken broth or water with chicken bouillon, Braised Chicken, braised chicken thighs with mushrooms, Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Leeks, chicken thighs with mushrooms and white wine. Your email address will not be published. Served it with Mediterranean cauliflower rice and garlic sautéed kale. My husband said it was one of his top 10 things I have ever made. Even a shot of lemon juice at the end would be good too. I’m making  it tonight for the third time. I agree, leeks add something special to dishes, once you know how to cook with them you’ll want to cook with them more. Tasted great. Well, I thought I did! Can I freeze this recipe after prepared and how would I go about it? I can’t wait to make this again. Definitely a keeper! I must have used the last of it, I don’t remember when. Added a little garlic to the leek/mushroom mix. Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. Making it again for Sunday dinner this week. Your email address will not be published. ‍♀️. This is definitely my new ‘company’ dish, although simple enough for the two of us on regular days. My apologies to review traditionalists but hope to update in near future. OMG…it is one of the best chicken dishes I’ve ever made/had. Leftovers are as good or better!! This chicken recipe is excellent!!! I suspect it will be even better tomorrow. I’ve found this dish is even better the second (or third) day after making it. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. Thank you for sharing! I use Skinnytaste for most of my cooking. So delicious! You don’t use the whole leek, you just keep the white and light pale green part. Pressure cooked it 8 minutes. Trim the leeks and slice them. Thank you, I made this recipe last night and it was FANTASTIC!!!! I was very surprised (and disappointed) to see several of my local grocery stores didn’t have leeks in stock. I used 3 tbsp of white wine and it was perfect. This dish is delicious. Was really relieved when dinner was done before Sabbath started. I don’t have any on hand. HEAVENLY! I would love to know how it turned out. And I’ve tried quite a few. Had 6 people over for dinner. Thank you! Great recipe, wonderful comfort food. On another note, I can’t wait to make this. Served it with sauteed red cabbage because I had half a head that needed to be eaten, and that turned out to be a good combo. Push the bacon to the side of the pan. Will definitely make this again! Red wine Vinegar or apple cider vinegar? Thanks for another delicious recipe Gina, we will be making this again. I love the pan with lid in the video. Has anyone ever made this in the instant pot? Sprinkle the flour over them, stir in the chicken broth and the sherry and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Made this last night in my Presto pressure cooker. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I can’t wait to make it for a family gathering or something, it was outstanding and all of my kids ate it, and that’s always a WIN! Thanks for making me look forward to dinner on WW! Great creation, Gina! I’ve made this twice. 198 calories; protein 13.8g 28% DV; carbohydrates 7.2g 2% DV; fat 11.2g 17% DV; cholesterol 47.4mg 16% DV; sodium 113mg 5% DV. This was delicious! Let the chicken cook undisturbed for 8-9 minutes until the chicken skin is brown and crispy. Flip the chicken and cook for 5 minutes more, then remove to a plate. Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. It was fabulous. I doubled the mushrooms (baby bellas quartered) and doubled the sauce (I’m not doing points and am a sauce gal). I used the Sherry, but think you could easily use red wine with great results. this recipe never disappoints. Also. Had them with white rice, garlic bread and a salad. It’s a win-win. Chicken breasts of course have their place – as breaded cutlets or in chicken salad, but when it comes to braised dishes, dark meat is my first choice because it’s more versatile and forgiving, and bonus, more affordable. What type/brand of skillet do you recommend that can be used on the stove and in the oven? What is the green you served this meal with in your pictures? We’ve decided it’s good enough for company and will certainly be on repeat here at our house for family. It tasted delicious and I had the generous serving size of two thighs but used all my points for the day. I used a cast iron skillet and just tin foiled the top because it doesn’t have a lid and that worked out well (in case anyone was wondering). I’m making this today for the first time  Sue. Sooooo delicious that the second time I planned to make this, my husband asked me to double it. So it cost me a few extra points but it was while worth it. The leeks really do add something special. Kale? Any thoughts for a substitute? I added spinach at the end. Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Leeks. Must be some problem with the local crop or distribution. My husband loved it and said we need to add it to our rotation. Nestle chicken thighs into the sauce. Thank you for another fab recipe! This is fantastic! I had Marsala wine, so I added some of that. Its massaged kale, olive oil, salt and pepper.