Since the cheese is being baked the whole time with the other ingredients uncovered it will be rather chewy (this is what I prefer). Peel garlic and add to food processor.

Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish or skillet. Once … © Everyday Delicious. You could also add more cheese to the casserole (not only on top) to make it more cheesy. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment if desired for easy clean-up. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. STEP 2: Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch (2-3 cm) cubes, toss with olive oil, and season with spices and salt and pepper.

Toast garlic until the outsides are lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally, about 8 minutes. Bake in preheated oven until the internal temperature of the chicken is no longer pink and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the food processor. The recipe calls for a large roasting pan and I substituted with a 10" x 18" griddle and it worked beautifully! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I like to stir the spices with olive oil first and then toss them with the chicken – the spices are more evenly distributed. Amount is based on available nutrient data. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Step 3 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone …

Top chicken with chopped walnuts, tomatoes, and cheese. Followed at written. Instead of broccoli, you can also add other vegetables to this casserole, like zucchini, peas, green beans, or corn.

When I make this again I will definitely add quartered onions or shallots for extra flavor and crunch.

Freeze it for up to 3 months. This is only an estimate. Place the basil and spinach in a resealable plastic bag. All rights reserved
. You can also add a photo of your creation! If the chicken is not ready you can cover the casserole and bake it for 5 more minutes. We are not cooking the chicken – it will be just baked with the other ingredients in the oven. I wish I used a more flavorful pesto. I reheat it in the oven – I sprinkle the casserole lightly with water and put it in a cold oven, then set it to 375°F/190°C. Transfer chicken to a plate. Since the cheese is being baked the whole time with the other ingredients uncovered it will be rather chewy (this is what I prefer). If you cook the chicken in the pan first, it will be browned which could give it more flavor, sure, but then you will be baking it and the chicken will be overcooked.

Can this be frozen? Make sure to check if the chicken is cooked through – just cut some pieces in half to see if they are white and not light pink in the middle.

780 calories; protein 57.1g 114% DV; carbohydrates 32.6g 11% DV; fat 46.5g 72% DV; cholesterol 186.7mg 62% DV; sodium 453.6mg 18% DV.
You can also reheat it in the microwave. So I add my pasta into the boiling water and cook it for 6 minutes, then add the broccoli and cook them both together for 2 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat). Thanks to pesto, the sauce is really packed with flavor, it’s also really quick to make and kid-friendly! Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. This pesto chicken bake is a delicious casserole made with pasta, chicken breast, pesto sauce, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese. Transfer to food processor. Add the parmesan cheese to the pesto and process on low speed for 5 seconds. Place walnuts in the same pan and toast over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes. STEP 4 Place oven rack to the center position. If you have a newer over that heats very quickly set it to 320°F/160°C and bake the casserole until warm. Attachment