Once the oil is hot add the slices to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd them. You wouldn’t even know by tasting it! So I didn’t really know a lot about eggplant or eggplant parmesan until a few years ago. is a classic Italian recipe that so many people love. Spices – Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Our Keto Eggplant Parmesan recipe is a low carb version of a classic Italian favorite that so many people love. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the cheese is completely melted and is starting to bubble. Â. It is utterly devoid of dairy by design, so I had to replace any milk, cream, and cheese that might ordinarily be there with something else. It’s coated using almond flour instead of breadcrumbs which are much better for you.Â. Is it really Italian? Saute 3-5 minutes, until the onion turns translucent. The facts presented are offered as information only - not medical advice - and in no way should anyone infer that we or anyone appearing in any content on this website are practicing medicine. The problem with thick slices of eggplant is that it’s more difficult to cook and it remains a lot tougher and it can have a rubbery, chewy texture which is not what you want.Â. Please don’t skip it! For reheating it in the microwave, put it in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 60-90 seconds, depending on how hot you like it. It’s a delicious low carb vegetarian meal! Adding some fresh basil in between the eggplant layers will give you some nice flavor.Â, If you want to add some extra protein, then add ground sausage or ground beef in between the layers as well.Â, Try not to use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese if possible. Sprinkle salt on both sides of the eggplant slices and let sit for 30 minutes.  It will help take the moisture out of the eggplant before cooking it.Â, If leaving the skin on then make sure to wash the eggplant first. These perfect portions of eggplant chicken parmesans are keto friendly and have all the important components of the dish. I mean yes I love cooking for just me and my husband, but I really enjoy having company over and going all out for my friends and family.Â. Now that you’ve added eggplant back into your food rotation, you may be looking for additional snacks and foods that are keto friendly. Rinsing your fruits and veggies off before cooking them is best, especially with all the germs going around right now. Cut into round slices ⅛”-¼” thick. We’re working on getting you guys our homemade sauce recipe but we don’t have it up yet. Slice the ends off the eggplants, and using a vegetable peeler, peel the eggplants. Try not to use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese if possible. Whether or not to peel the eggplant is a question that gets asked a lot. After that, the eggplant will begin to “sweat” (you’ll see little droplets of moisture being extracted by the salt and sit of the surface of the eggplant). It also has way fewer calories than regular eggplant parmesan. Keywords: Keto Eggplant Parmesan, Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan, Keto Eggplant Parmesan Recipe, Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan Recipe, Easy Keto Eggplant Parmesan, Best Keto Eggplant Parmesan, Easy Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan, The Best Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan, Eggplant Parmesan, How to Make Keto Eggplant Parmesan, Keto Melanzane all Parmigiana, Tag @ICantBelieveItsLowCarb on Instagram and hashtag it #ICantBelieveItsLowCarb. I really do feel like everyone has very different preferences on how they like their eggplant parm. If they grow too large they can get tough and bitter. Add a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce over the eggplant, and spread it around covering all the pieces. Repeat with the next layer. Others like it sliced very thin, and then some prefer it sliced thick. For the final top layer, add tomato sauce and the remaining cheese.Â, Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is completely melted and has started to bubble.Â. Sprinkle over the fresh parsley and serve. Ingredients . – Best Low-carb Flour Alternatives for Keto, – Best Natural Sweeteners for Keto Dieting, 3 Eggplants, sliced thickly (you will need 18 slices), 3 ounces of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced, 1 tablespoon of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped. Sweat the eggplant slices by salting them and letting them sit for 30 minutes. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. The chunky fresh tomato sauce really makes this dish, if you don’t want to make your own you can replace it with 1 cup of Keto Marinara Sauce. This helps the eggplant from sticking to the bottom.Â. Put the slices on top of the wire rack. on the Foodie Pro Theme, 10 minutes for frying + 30 minutes baking. And no…it’s not a typo. Another good option you could use if you wanted to replace the mozzarella, is using provolone cheese.Â. Eggs – I use eggs to coat the eggplant slices before coating them in the almond flour. Louise holds a Bachelors and Masters in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University (UK). Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the diced tomatoes. The tender eggplant slices are coated in a crispy almond flour coating, smothered in marinara sauce and topped with gooey cheese then baked to perfection. In fact, yes it is! Learn how your comment data is processed. melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. To slice eggplant thin, first, you need to cut the ends off. Poor eggplant gets a bad rap for this, but there are a couple of things you can do to increase your odds for a tasty outcome. If you are looking to change it up a bit here are a couple of ideas: Gluten-Free: Seeing that this is made with almond flour instead of breadcrumbs it makes it gluten-free. Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils, and it fries very well. Bake for about 10 minutes. Home » Recipes » Keto Eggplant Parmesan Recipe – Easy Low Carb Vegetarian. There are a few steps to take in order to prepare your Keto eggplant parmesan. ★☆ Fill your cart with these wholesome foods so you’re not led off course by sugary temptations. It’s that good, tastes just like a classic eggplant parmesan! In my opinion, the best way to slice eggplant for eggplant parmesan is to slice it very thin. Vegetarian: This is a great vegetarian dish, that will please your dinner company. Subscribe for Free Recipes to Your Inbox! As I started making it my sister in law called me and I told her what I was making. Yes please. Make sure yours does not have added sugar so you don’t defeat the purpose of this keto dish. Information on this site is NOT intended to serve as a substitute for diagnosis, treatment, or advice from a qualified, licensed medical professional. Sauté until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft. Add the 3rd layer of eggplant slices, top with a tablespoon of chunky tomato sauce, and sprinkle over the shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Place one layer of eggplant slices in the baking dish, add a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce over the eggplant, then add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.Â, Repeat layering 2 more times. Place the slices onto a tray while you finish dipping the rest of the eggplant.Â. Now that recipe has been a go-to favorite of mine for the last few years. It’s a great comfort food for any time you need it without all the carbs! If so, the best eggplant you can use for eggplant parmesan is by growing it in your own garden. Broil for 1-2 minutes if you need them to be crispier. My Keto eggplant parmesan is coated in almond flour and grated parmesan cheese instead of using flour and breadcrumbs. Place eggplant slices in the baking dish, one layer at a time. This is also an easy recipe to store. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, making sure the oil is hot enough before adding the eggplant slices. Mozzarella – 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Copyright 2020 - NBIP LLC; Operated by Nourishing Brands LLC | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer, Terms, & Conditions | Contact This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This can also be done on your BBQ/grill. You can use a jar of store-bought sauce if you want, but make sure there’s no added sugar.Â. It’s a delicious vegetarian meal! So if you are looking for a nice healthy low calories option please give this Keto eggplant parm a try. Low Carb Keto Eggplant Parmesan is a classic Italian recipe that so many people love. It might be best to peel the larger ones and keep the skin on smaller ones.Â. In an 8×8 baking dish put a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom. 31 Keto Eggplant Recipes You'll Wish You'd Known About Sooner Add the chicken, eggplant, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. You don’t want to add too much sauce, because the sauce shouldn’t overpower the eggplant. Second, don’t eat it raw, or lightly cooked. If you are peeling the eggplant first, then there is no need to wash them ahead of time. This savory casserole surrounds cubed eggplant with a garlicky, creamy chicken mixture. Copyright © 2020 I Can't Believe It's Low Carb! You can even cut the amount of eggplant in half the first time you make it. You can coat the eggplant slices by dipping them in almond milk instead. Let them sit for 30 minutes. Do you need to wash the eggplant first? For 1 cup chopped eggplant it’s only 3 NET carbs and is very high in fiber. This distinctive purple plant may have turned you off as a kid. Sprinkle them all over with salt, then flip them over and salt the other side. Almond Flour & Parmesan Cheese – This combo is what we use as a replacement for breadcrumbs. Let sit for 30 minutes.Â, After 30 minutes pat the eggplant slices dry with a paper towel.Â, In a second bowl combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, seasonings, and mix together.Â. This Keto Eggplant Parmesan recipe makes 6 serves. Casserole? Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes ★☆ This has always been my mom’s favorite, but if you have a brand you like, then go with yours.Â. And use vegan cheese instead. Coat the eggplant in almond milk instead of eggs. While the spirit of casserole is strong in this dish, many of the usual suspects (in terms of ingredients) are not present. But that shouldn’t deter you forever. If so, then adding some roasted broccoli, garlic mashed cauliflower, simple green salad, and definitely some low carb dinner rolls to dip the leftover tomato sauce into!Â. https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/keto-eggplant-parmesan We’ve found this to be a reliable solution with not much difference. What is the history of eggplant parmesan? Reheating your leftover keto eggplant parm is super easy and you can do it in the microwave or in the oven with good results. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. NOTICE: The information contained or presented on this website is for educational purposes only. ★☆. Add the chicken, eggplant, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. I do have a recipe for a quick 5-minute marinara sauce you can whip up in a pinch. Place a cast iron grill pan over medium high heat and cook the eggplant slices for 2-3 minutes on each side. – How long does it take to get into ketosis? I always like to fry most things in olive oil, it’s probably because that’s always the way my mom did it, so that’s how I learned. https://boundbyfood.com/chicken-eggplant-parmesan-casserole Whatever thickness you choose, try to make your slices as even as possible, that way they cook evenly. Eggplant can be used to make a low carb eggplant lasagna, mini eggplant pizzas, and a wonderful appetizer of low carb fried eggplant…just to name a few options. My mother in law gave my eggplant parmesan the seal of approval, and said she loved it! She attended Columbia University for her JD and practiced law at Debevoise & Plimpton before co-founding Louise's Foods, Paleo Living Magazine, Nourishing Brands, & CoBionic. Place the slices onto a tray, while you finish dipping the rest of the eggplant. You’re in luck, because I’ve amassed 221 foods that are safe for your ketogenic diet. But if you are peeling the eggplants there is no need to wash ahead of time.Â. “Chewiness” means the eggplant isn’t really done enough.