I was a little worried about having a thin consistancy when I read the other reviews so I only put in 1.5 C of stock but it thickened up really well so I ended up putting in the last .5C. Meanwhile, toss the chopped leeks with half of the lemon zest and some salt and pepper. Learn how your comment data is processed. Preheat oven to 425°F. Season lightly with salt. The leftovers today had a much richer flavor, but the blue cheese was still a nice addition. Finish by adding the last cheese over the top of the dauphinoise. :) Will definitely do for family again. I have never really used leeks, so googled how to wash and cut them, I found a perfect you tube video. Slowly add broth to pan, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Remove the chicken and potatoes from the oven and toss the potatoes lightly. If you’re planning on freezing it, allow to cool completely before doing so and reheat gently but thoroughly before serving. Nice warm comfort food! The not so good: bland. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. I used about 2.5 tablespoons of pre-chopped pancetta instead of bacon. I used sweet onion in place of the leeks as that is what I had. Like another reviewer I did not have pie crust so used pastry sheet. Had everything on hand except the leeks; as another reviewer did used green onions that I had on hand. Simply add 1-2 potatoes, rinsed, scrubbed, and cut into small 1-2" bits to be sure they cook with the chicken. of garlic. Grease a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. i made this tonight and everyone loved it!..I used chicken breast instead of thighs,,I doubled the carrots added in 1 cup chopped celery 1/2 onion and 2 cups chopped leeks..made it in a medium casserole dish..was plenty for people...will definitely make again ..so easy and quick. Now to see how many times my family will allow me to make this recipe before spring is officially over and summer grilling reigns supreme. Especially for a dinner party. You can even dice up some potatoes to bake with the chicken and leeks for a crowd pleasing Irish feast everyone will love. I made this last night, with a few changes, to great success. The only modification I made was use crescent rolls as the dough on top, rather than pie dough (the grocery store was out). Return the chicken, leeks and mushrooms to the skillet and simmer over low heat until warmed through, about 1 … This will help cook them a bit faster so everything is done at … Email. Our 19 year old son and his girlfriend polished off the rest in one sitting -- so you know it had to be tasty. If your potatoes were cut into larger chunks, you may need to remove the chicken from the sheet pan and then return the potatoes and leeks to the oven to finish cooking. I added some mushrooms which were wonderful. My husband told me that he thought it was fantastic though, so I'm happy with that! I barely had leftovers for my lunch the next day. While the chicken and potatoes are roasting, prepare the yogurt sauce. Now, pour the garlic and cream mixture into over the potatoes. Rating: 4.5 stars 48 Ratings 36 Reviews By Julianna Grimes. Next time will put in some concentrated stock. Let stand 10 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, sriracha or harissa, and cumin. Had plenty of leftovers which was great. Using a medium-sized casserole dish layer the potatoes and sprinkle the cheese and chicken and leek mix in between each layer. I'd like to figure out a way to add the flavor that it looks like it should have without adding calories. I will add some baby peas next time and would add mushrooms, but my husband hates them. Looks light and easy for summer. I had to had a touch of olive oil to the potoatoes and carrots as they were beginning to stick to the pot. I added peas to the mix but you could add any veggie you might like. … This easy chicken leek and mushroom dinner is a complete meal on just one pan - with almost no work. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. No need to think about a side salad or vegetable, this dish has it all. Sauté chicken for 3 minutes. With quite a few components it may not be the easiest meal you’ll throw together, but it does come together quickly and simply, with minimal dirty dishes (a real plus for me). Remove sauce from heat, season with salt and pepper, and stir in ¾ cup cheese until melted. Uncover, and finish cooking for 5 minutes. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. I made this for his dinner when I had a dinner meeting, and he gobbled it up. As the week winds down, we want meals that are easy to prepare, but still super satisfying and delicious. Have now passed the recipe on to my cleaner who is equally delighted. It was browning really fast so I took it out about 10 minutes early and it was perfect. Overall I would def make this again, expecially with the creamy thick consistancy of the gravy. This is a handy one-pan wonder. Your email address will not be published. Instead of potatos I used parsnips, as well as mushrooms and peas. Very nice dinner and lots of leftovers for lunch! Lovely flavour to the chicken and stays really moist. Stir 2 to 3 minutes. I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers, and I'll definitely make this again!! 1 ½ cups cubed red potato (about 8 ounces), 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces, 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough.