The best part of bullet journaling is getting creative by combining colours, stickers, embellishments and more to create a personalised organisation system that works for you. Lastly, I have one more option from Lemome. The dictionary defines ephemera as “items of collectible memorabilia, typically written or printed ones, that were originally expected to have only short-term usefulness.” These types of things are fun to add into your art journal as embellishments, especially if they come from your own life and experiences. Washi tape is just awesome to add pops of color and texture, no more explanation needed. When art journaling, you’ll need to find what types of writing instruments work best with the mediums you choose to use. I’m sure any kind of wax would do it… I just heard of another gal who simply rubs a cheap white candle over her pages. 5. Its texture is rough and yet smooth, and I love how the images and the bark play so well together, both in theme and color. Yay! You always have your fingers to use, but sometimes having a specific tool just makes things a little bit easier. What an interesting idea! Junk Journal: “Junk journals” are a great way to use bits of old art pieces, beautiful papers, and magazine photo collages. Have any questions/comments? Ideas that don’t pan out. ONLINE WORKSHOPS. This article is part of my FREE e-course Art Journaling 101 – which has been designed to gently introduce beginners to the basics of art journaling so you can find your way with more ease and less fear. I have loads of supplies-I am kind of a hoarder. Old books-ripping, glueing, using the covers-all of it! 5. For patterns I’ve been using bubble wrap, ripple cardboard (starbucks coffee sleeves!

I saw a video once, not sure whose, they rubbed the wax paper all over the finished page. What are your favorite ways of putting handmade journals together? I am a supply junkie, so I really have to be careful. Get your favorite colors, and try to get ones that compliment each other. U may start getting hate mail as u inspired me for putting mine out there I volunteer once a month at an assisted living facility. You’ll also get VIP access to my new goodies, freebies, special offers, and more!P.S. I show you how in this tutorial. I need t, Many thousands of rice grains later....done! 3. Dismiss. Your email address will not be published. I had never heard of gesso before I started this course, and I will probably start off with a composition notebook or find an old book to start with while I am learning what I am comfortable with and what works best for me and my pocket book. thank you so much for sharing this!!!! Right now I don’t use a sealant, but I am on a hunt for one that would help in my sticky pages issue.
Thanks, by the way, for the lesson on choosing an art journal. 6.