Every bite was scrumptious. Go when it is a quiet day / night, enjoy the excellent food and service, and then you will also enjoy the company of your friends, Romantic to boot. A salad came with the breaded scallops but it was limp and uninteresting. It was difficult to hear the person across from the table speak. The service was at a relaxed pace, and our server didn't really seem to have an opinion on the food or drinks, when asked, she just kind of told us what the popular options from the menu were.There were a couple of large groups in the restaurant at the time, I can see how it's a good place to have a celebratory dinner like for a birthday or something, but it was also good for just two people.Overall, a really good place to eat, especially if you want fresh, local produce. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Zoom in to see updated info. more, “Make a booking and enjoy all of what Tasmania has to offer.”. Attentive service. Sophisticated and hip atmosphere. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. 20,244 were here. A large group of us had Christmas lunch yesterday. Ask valentinos70 about Cataract On Paterson, Ask TheDoor_isopen about Cataract On Paterson, Ask Redback_Venom about Cataract On Paterson, Hotels near Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery, Hotels near National Automobile Museum of Tasmania, Hotels near Cataract Gorge Scenic Chairlift, Hotels near Launceston Visitor Information Centre, European Restaurants for Special Occasions in Launceston, Indian Restaurants for Lunch in Launceston, Seafood Restaurants for Special Occasions in Launceston, Restaurants for Group Dining in Launceston, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Launceston, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Launceston. (See photo) We made quite a dent in this seafood platter for two, but could not finish it. We complained about it and were offered another but by that time, we were fed up with ordinary food. We offer full audio-visual equipment including projector & wireless microphones, a lectern, black-out capabilities, disability access, a courtyard break-out area and all-day catering. My family loved their meals and I am looking forward to returning once again to explore with a better state of health what is one of the nicest menus I have seen for some time. The indoor space allows for up to 130 people in a sit-down setting or between 250-300 in cocktail style. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Booking at Cataract on Paterson on Thursday, October 15, 2020. The service during the night was excellent. - See 1,027 traveler reviews, 359 candid photos, and great deals for Launceston, Australia, at Tripadvisor. Map updates are paused. These times are just an indication and if a late booking is required it is best to phone us and we will be … Cataract on Paterson is a restaurant that uses local food products from Tasmania, and it definitely shows in their menu and cooking. Loved this place from the moment we entered. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. We ate here on our first evening In Launceston , had the turkish bread and dips and shared a large sea food platter ,including Gummy shark a first for us which we enjoyed ,the service was attentive and friendly. Weddings are a speciality. The steak was cooked exactly how I ordered it (medium-rare) and the seafood platter was huge. They say that it is the people that make an establishment and this is surely true of Cataract on Paterson. Bookings are now being taken for your 2020 Festive celebration! They were tasteless and dry. Our team puts a personalised touch on every event to suit individual requirements, demographics and budgets. We chose it because it was open on a Sunday evening and was close to our hotel. If your a steak person and don't try the steak on the stone you are missing one of the best stesks you could ever eat. Our private dining room also accommodates up to 18 guests, making it perfect for an intimate celebration such as a birthday, baby shower or hen’s night. Cataract on Paterson is unpretentious and fits perfectly in Launceston, a city voted the country’s most family-friendly! You will appreciate attractive prices. We went with family on a busy Tuesday night and were warmly welcomed and shown to our table.I had not been feeling well so was only going to try a simple dish although the excellent menu made if very difficult not to be tempted to some of the more excellent choices the rest of the family chose.The wonderful Laura who waited on our table could see that I was not really able to eat all my meal and offered to replace it with something else. Cataract On Paterson, Launceston: See 1,036 unbiased reviews of Cataract On Paterson, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #15 of 300 restaurants in Launceston. The wife booked our anniversary dinner on a Friday night, and it certainly did not disappoint!The place was packed, so we were glad we booked - some people who walked in had to wait for tables or were turned away!Despite being busy, the place was well staffed and as guests we were well attended, with drinks ordered quickly. Loved this place from the moment we entered. The food was great, I loved the … This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The other good news was that the meals were quite good and the servings huge, although we do prefer smaller servings. We thought they might remove those items from the bill but no, we paid for all of it. Cataract on paterson. Learn more. Amazing food - but seriously just too much of it. Perfectly cooked too.My wife ordered a cocktail that had Oreos and a massive incream Oreo sandwich on top - it was more like a dessert than a drink! We aim to highlight Tasmanian food products and … An excellent dining experience, from the food, to the wine, to the outstanding desert.4 outstanding meals backed by professional, informed service. more, This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Four of us had dinner on a Sunday evening at Cataract on Patterson. I think they definitely aim to let the flavour of the food shine through, rather than doing too much fancy stuff with seasoning and sauces. Thank you, Laura and Bec. Don't get me wrong, everything was seasoned properly and there was a variety of sauces to choose from for the steak, there just wasn't anything super creative on the menu, but that's okay because sometimes the basics are all that are needed.There was also an extensive beer and wine list, featuring Tasmanian beers and wines along with a few broader offerings, so plenty to choose from there.The service was okay but nothing outstanding. For further information about a group booking or personalised event options, please phone our functions manager on 03 6331 4446 or submit an enquiry form below. Beautifully decorated, amazing attentive staff members and delicious food! Our favourite place for dessert! These times are just an indication and if a late booking is required it is best to phone us and we will be more than happy to discuss options with you. We were give a lame excuse for the poor service. As well as the devils delight Riesling to go with the platter.We had a liquid dessert of caremello koala cocktails that were consumed before being photographed (highly recommended)Please see attached photos.5/5 service 5/5 food5/5 atmosphere. Booking at Cataract on Paterson on Sunday, September 20, 2020. We settled on the seafood platter, and boy was it big!Loaded with fish (3 types) plus muscles, fresh oysters, prawns, battered scallops, salt and pepper squid, seafood clam chowder, smoked salmon (plus some crispy chips and tasty salad), we could not finish it! I have posted a picture of the sea food platter , plenty of wine choices by the glass , and we shared a dessert cost of the meal was £82.70 which was reasonable but not cheap .Parking outside can be a challenge so recommend an early booking. Take the time and reward your self by going to Cataract on Patterson- be sure to book. Decor - modern, roomy Service - pretty goodFood - seafood is very fresh, eye fillet is tender, but scotch steak is not so goodPrice - $20-40 per plate on average. Map updates are paused. Please note our kitchen closing hours are approx 9pm in winter months and 10pm in summer months. Cataract On Paterson: Make a booking and enjoy all of what Tasmania has to offer. Want to be the first to know what’s happening at Cataract? Cataract On Paterson, Launceston: See 1,033 unbiased reviews of Cataract On Paterson, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #15 of 300 restaurants in Launceston. Cataract On Paterson: Repeat booking - See 1,033 traveller reviews, 360 candid photos, and great deals for Launceston, Australia, at Tripadvisor. Take a look at this years festive menu! The staff is only outdone by the food. Don't get me wrong, everything was seasoned properly and there was a variety of sauces to choose from for the steak, there just wasn't anything super creative on the menu, but that's okay because sometimes the basics are all that are needed. I said I was find and thanked her. We had the eye fillet and the seafood platter, with some oysters and scallops for entrees, and everything was really fresh and just solidly done. The venue is also perfect for corporate functions including breakfast events, product launches, conferences, filming and production. Own or manage this property? This restaurant oozes sophistication via a blend of classic interiors with a modern twist, making it an ideal place to unwind on a Friday night. Definitely worth dining in. I ordered a garlic sauce to go with them and it was bland - no garlic at all. At this spot, guests can enjoy the … 5 reviews of Cataract on Paterson "Cataract on Paterson is a restaurant that uses local food products from Tasmania, and it definitely shows in their menu and cooking. The success of this place would be impossible without the cool service staff. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}. Zoom in to see updated info. Sophisticated and hip atmosphere. Our favourite restaurant in Launceston! One of the best restaurants in Launceston. Cataract on Paterson is a restaurant that uses local food products from Tasmania, and it definitely shows in their menu and cooking. What a rare and generous offer from any restaurant!We also were taken care of Bec, the manager of the restaurant who on our departure at the end of a wonderful night commented that it was very important to them that their customers left happily and were well cared for. No two nuptial celebrations are the same, with room configuration and memorable menus individually designed with the bride and groom. Copyright 2020  //. Please note our kitchen closing hours are approx 9pm in winter months and 10pm in summer months.