with sane advice and simple, yummy recipes More... Get a FREE copy of my I added some oats Filder Under:Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Muffins, Nut-Free, Recipes, Snacks, Vegan. I cannot wait to make them! We like them with milk and a side of fruit for breakfast or a snack, or you can serve them with a favorite soup a. s dinner or as part of a toddler lunch. Sorry, but these old wives tales about microwaves & baby carrots have been debunked …… there is a lot of recent research that discredits these myths! Scoop into muffin tin, with muffin liners or by spraying a muffin tin. Thanks! You can use either mashed carrot or carrot purée, you will get a lumpier texture with mash but it. TIP: Each muffin has just over 1 gram of added sugar—the majority of the sugars you see in the nutrition info is naturally occurring in the carrots and raisins, but the muffins still manage to taste pleasantly very sweet! I’ve finally got myself together and started making batches of these toddler muffins. I do though have one clarifying question that I ask myself every time I make the cakes, are you measuring the weight of the carrots before or after cooking?? Double the carrots in these muffins! Thank you, thank you! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These are delicious. I personally love them with coffee or tea as an afternoon snack for myself! These fun chicks make them look just like cupcakes, and the kids totally ate them up! And do some research on those baby carrots in bags….they are soaking in bleach added to the water. Store for up to 2 days at room temperature in an air-tight container. I promise if I do, I’ll let you know. Poured out most of the water from your cooking, but not all! You are right, they are very similar. Could that have done it? I’ve baked the first batch for nearly 23 minutes and they are still mushy inside. Whenever I’m looking for a fun way to serve up vegetables to kids, I tend to think of muffins. (I use regular Pam as I find it’s very reliable.) Whisk until fluffy. Love your recipes!! I didn’t cook my carrots first but I did puree the raw carrots in my food processor with a medium banana (this was to replace 1 egg) which did give me a nice puree. Your email address will not be published. Anyway, I decided to omit the oil and do a 1:1 sub with applesauce. See the note at the bottom of the recipe for specifics. I have actually been wanting to make the recipe I have from Ellie Krieger on the Foodnetwork, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/carrot-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/index.html, it seems very similar. I made these with my 2 year old today and he had so much fun helping peel the carrots, chopping and grinding apples and making applesauce from fresh apples in a mixer/grinder, then helping add and mix all the ingredients. Then, finally, with one of the rainbow carrots (or orange carrot), cut into a triangle for a beak.That’s how we did it!! I have an extremely picky 3 year old son and I’m hoping that he’ll eat these. Add 3 tablespoons honey and whisk until incorporated. Mix the wet ingredients together (milk, egg, apple puree, grated carrot, grated apple, mashed banana, coconut oil) in a large mixing bowl. ★☆ How much would you use? You don’t need anything fancy to make these muffins and here’s a look at the ingredients. ), These work best as mini muffins. Required fields are marked *. […] Snack of the week: Carrot muffins topped with cream cheese […], […] decided to make some of our peaches into bread. In a separate bowl, combine carrot puree, eggs, oil, and vanilla. . I’ve made some of your other muffin recipes and they have all been a hit with my toddler. Hi there, these look delicious but can I substitute the egg with flax egg, would it come out the same? Mashed banana should work if you have that. (photo 2), Divide among the prepared muffin tin. And a good Easter treat. Because he literally refuses everything, it’s a battle of wills here most days and he usually wins….Thanks again for the recipe. I decided, instead of carrot muffins with grated carrots (often the kids see the grated carrots and don’t want to eat them), we used pureed carrots! For best results with the texture, grate the carrots yourself. Combine dry ingredients. How do I fix this? Bake for about 2 additional minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out cleanly. Nothing fancy or flash needed just: carrots (quite a few) flour, eggs, butter or oil, cinnamon and baking powder. Microwaved veggies are NOT healthy!!!! (photo 4). These muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days, or they can be frozen. Mix the dry ingredients (spelt flour, almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda… I am not sure what the pricing of carrots is like around the world but in New Zealand carrots are always well priced, which is a plus for me! I seem to remember you had an option for full size muffins using 1/4 cup to portion and an adjusted baking time. Standard flour, plain flour, just the basic wheat flour (its called different names around the world. It is the difference between 5 ingredients and 12 or so (reducing or removing fat always means adding in all sorts of additives to get it to be a palatable consistency, taste, etc. These are delicious served warm soon after baking, at room temperature or even chilled, so see what your family prefers. I don’t want to mess with the pumpkin muffin vibe we’ve got going on around here! You can place the carrots in a microwave safe bowl and water, or with some water on the stove top. Using one of your yellow carrots, simply grate into shreds, and blot the grated yellow carrot dry. You are brilliant! I have a freezer stash so I can pull them our for snacks at home, or pack them in lunch bags for outings (letting them defrost en route). For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months, defrost as required. Or, place cooled muffins into a zip top freezer bag, remove as much air as possible and seal. My daughter is allergic to oats. See more details about storage at the bottom of the recipe. I actually scaled these way down, used all oat flour and a little honey instead of brown sugar (what was easier to grab first…), and added a pinch of apple pie spice, and microwaved it in a mug, then scooped it out and cut it into chunks for my 15-month-old. Do not repost images or recipes without requesting permission at yummytoddlerfood@gmail.com. Instead, I cooked the carrots till they were soft. Let mixed batter sit for 5 minutes before adding to the pan. (photo 2) Divide among the prepared muffin tin ,grated pear, walnuts, almonds, honey, ground flax and sesame seeds to “health” it up a little more .. Yum. You can store them for 3-5 days at room temperature or in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer. I’m sure more of my recipes could use a good “makeover” , Such a Devine and simple recipe! Add eggs and vanilla and pulse to combine. Thank you! Still soft, maybe a little gummy? These are delicious. Would it ever make sense to bake at a higher temperature to prevent that, or should you just bake longer? !When you microwave anything never mind baby carrots all the nutritional value is gone!!!!! Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir till just moistened. Yes! Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir together to combine thoroughly, but gently. Will need to make a full batch next. Tastes yummy. That’s my best guess anyway. It was a pureed carrot muffin with cream cheese frosting. What a great idea! Yum yum! Then, to jazz these babies up for spring, we decided to buy some rainbow carrots and make them look like cupcake chicks! Start by cooking the carrots. As I did with the cauliflower pancakes, and our carrot muffins, we pureed the peaches. I’m sorry this happened though. Is this the same basic recipe? I’m so glad to hear that that method worked for you! I’m definitely trying it! . To make these without eggs or dairy, omit the eggs and add ground flaxseed meal. This post may contain affiliate links. Perfect snack for toddler and mom! Usually 5-6 mins; While apple and carrot cooking, place banana in a large bowl, …