Be patient. Anyone else missing getting together with groups of people IRL? You can also subscribe without commenting. The bathroom is the only update we *chose* to do and honestly I’m zonked from the dust, drilling, annoyance and time. With accessories, ones that hand a bit lower will flatter better, especially if you have a larger bust. .⁠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I’m in my 40s but I highly recommend my friend Susan at https://susanafter60.com. Or just type Focusonstyle.com/tools in your browser. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ That value will transcend into your programs, your offers, and how you serve your community. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I tried the whole “I only own 40 pieces of clothing for the rest of my life” schtick too. With your phone as a hotspot. But before you go out and start buying items, here is a layout of what you should do step by step! Required fields are marked *. Separate the stuff that you haven’t worn in yonks, especially the dressier items that you seldom have occasion to wear, and the good-quality clothes that you already own. Denim and leather are excellent choices for jackets. ⁠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ A good capsule wardrobe will save you money, time, and closet space, and make getting dressed a breeze! ⁠⠀ ⁠⠀⁣⁣ I know I am neither fat nor gross, I just ignore those mean folks who have such sad lives they gain entertainment by throwing such remarks to complete strangers. The 3-point lighting set-up is my go-to when shooting indoors. .⁠⠀ What a year it has been. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Fill in the blank _____________ why working for yourself is so invigorating. ⁣ With sunglasses and bags, I recommend buying the best quality and brand you can afford. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⁠⠀⁣ ⁠⠀⁣ For example, a linen professional dress that buttons up in an A-line with 3/4 sleeves would suit a business trip. Just say hi and tell us what's going on, which explains why you're "just popping on" anyway. ⁣ Any advice for a retired 60 year-old female graphic artist, (60)? ⁠⠀ If you should ever have construction, these zipper contractor walls are the bomb for kinda containing the dust. And of course, the poodle taxi. Hi Allie, I’m a stay at home mom, approaching 40, and short but very curvy. Best foot forward. Thanks Paulie. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ On my menu you’ll find under social a link that says “Blogs I Like” and there you’ll find a few more blogs by women of a variety of ages. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Debenhams have a stunning array of little black dresses, from the straightforward and simply cut, to sparkly, lace, swing – the list goes on. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. That way I can have labels and better quality clothes than I could afford new.”. .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ It’s political. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ For straight leg trousers that don’t sit too low, but do fit comfortably, try Marks and Spencer, or Boden for a good variety of lengths. Many (not yours) blogs on capsule wardrobes tell you exactly what to buy without considering 'personal style, lifestyle, body shape and your most flattering colours'. My lifestyle, now that I've retired, is perfect for my personality and my style, with most days spent blogging, walking the dog, shopping and meeting friends for coffee or lunch. Lighting tips coming soon. Finding a few staple accessories is an easy way to add an extra dose of glamour that can elevate even the most basic of outfits. . The first motivation for creating a capsule wardrobe is balance. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Get real! And that's the beauty of authenticity. Duly pinned … and pinterest finger now in recovery. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⁠⠀⁣ Thanks Allie-I enjoy your posts so much! No part of this site may be copied, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed or reproduced without prior written permission of Sharon Haver, FocusOnStyle.com TM, Poodle Productions, Inc.. I suggest at least 3 prints and 2 neutrals.Fabrics varydepending on season and occasion. ⁠⠀ Yay, nothing I love more than hearing someone shopped their own closet! Get you and your business out there. Focus is near impossible yet I’ve been able to be pretty productive. That’s it, plus 3 pair of shoes. But the basics are not enough to take you to the next level. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I recommend at least 5 of each style: Adding a print here or there is a great idea. ⁠⠀⁣ Hi Laura! I might have sprained my pinning finger (tragedy!). Think again! As for bags, choosing a crossbody means you have your hands free to hold on to your grandchildren, take a photo, or grab a pair of drinks for you and another at that next blues festival. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⁠⠀⁣ Always opt to spend a little more and buy a little less. Bookmark this post for all my favorite programs to help get you started.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀. There are 12 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. Coldwater Creek is sometimes to0 matronly. It’s not ridiculous to pay to have jeans tailored (if you purchase them from Nordstrom they will tailor them on-site); go up a size for a comfortable fit in the hips and thighs and have the waist and hem adjusted for a custom fit. Unfortunately that blue top is out of stock, but I also saw similar pieces at Nordstrom! Capsule Wardrobe For Women Over 50. Can you ever really fail when you're truly being you?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 5 Things to Declutter from Your Wardrobe Today! I hope you have a blast creating your new looks! Why THANK YOU, what lovely words! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Bless you! Don’t create the “perfect” wardrobe for a life you don’t lead. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ When there’s a will there’s a way to succeed even more. .⁠⠀⁣ Your voice. This memory of The Hubbs and me popped up from a @avenuesed Parent’s Art Gallery Walk from my son’s high school. Truth matters. #lifebydesign #life #lifelessons #lifegoals #lifeistooshort #lifechanger #lifehacker #lifejourney #lifeadvice #entrepreneurlife #jacksonhole #entrepreneurmind #entrepreneurspirit #entrepreneurminds #entrepreneurtips #entrepreneurtip #entrepreneurstyle #womenentrepreneurs #entrepreneurslife #digitalentrepreneur #lifestyleentrepreneur #serialentrepreneur #businessadvice #beyourownboss #mindset #motivation #startyourownbusiness #biztips #entrepeneurlife #entreprenuerlifestyle ... Are you polarizing?⁣ At a certain age, whatever that may be, I find it difficult to pigeon hole oneself into certain stores or brands that cater to a more frumpy than fashionable look– dressing matronly will add ten years and more to your look. 6 Fashion Faux Pas that Kill Your Style Over 60, Welcoming the 2020s! I have learnt so much from your blog and your reference to other blogs. Double tap for details ⁠⠀ Where will your personal brand live? Tonight we celebrated ... La di dah... For feet, slide-on black ballet shoes and a red or black bag of your choice. Some days it feels like you're absolutely crushing it and other days you're wondering what you're missing. The people who don’t have the same beliefs and ideals as you won’t follow you. Take action (no matter how small) every single day. Gotta love those earrings ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ... Am I doing this right? Also, as we age, our body starts to shift and even though we may be (close) to the same size we always were, things just don’t fit the same way. ⁠⠀ ✨Substitute photos or graphics for text when possible. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Remember:⁠⠀⁣⁣ There are thousands of coaches, consultants, writers, podcasters, fitness instructors, or whatever your jam is...but there is only one of YOU! ⁠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⁠⠀⁣ Or got measured for a bra? In the words of Rector, a capsule wardrobe is “a mini wardrobe made up of really versatile pieces that you totally love to wear.” Each season, you clear your closet except for a set number of pieces to be in your capsule wardrobe. ⁠⠀ Are they your people? Love the cobalt blue trapeze one. ⁠⠀⁣ Again, Marks and Spencer are our go-to for comfy slim fit jeans in a stretch fabric. For example, red looks great with navy, gray looks beautiful with blue, and green is a stunning choice against taupe or brown. Need more help when it comes to rocking your screen time? I have three packing cubes, each with a “season” – hot weather, cold weather, and temperate. .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⁠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ... Make it your business to live your dream… I also love blues and greens, with neutral bottoms (except white or cream) in gray , khaki or denim or navy colors. A silk taffeta full skirted dress that adorns a boat neck bodice would be stunning for a wedding. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #style #workfromhomestyle #workfromhomelife #workfromhome #femaleentrepreneur #womanentrepreneur #entrepreneurlifestyle #virtualbusiness #digitalbusiness #businesscoachingforwomen #businesscoachforwomen ... Is it rainy where you are? ... My Boyz. Did you vote yet? Do you live somewhere that has four seasons? - with the hope of becoming even more stylish in 2016. #vote #america #electionday #keepamericagreat #vote2020 #insta_america #ivoted #votes #allamerican #teamamerica #style #lifestyle #red #streetstyle #instastyle #styledaily #lovemystyle #stylelove #watchstyle #inthestyle #casuallifestyle #lifestylefashion #goodstyle #fasionista #igers #instalike #stylist #igdaily ... Am I doing this right? What does a capsule wardrobe mean to you? .⁣ It’s impossible to know how something will reallly fit when placed on a 6′ tall teenager. If you continue to use our website, we assume that you are happy for us to do this. With dresses, I incorporated the same concepts from the skirts and tops. Do you want people afraid to invest in themselves? “I have a good clear-out about once a year and if I haven’t worn an item in a year I get rid of it.”. .⁠⠀⁣⁣ And this is from a former fashion photography stylist with never enough closet space! Here I offered a stretchy denim style with a single cuff, and a stretch twill Bermuda that can dress up or down nicely. A picture really is worth a thousand words in today's digital age. In the blog section of FocusOnStyle.com... Do know that models are often taller than average; a dress that looks thigh-high on a website may be knee-length on you. But my “base layer” is like meat or (invisible burger) and potatoes basic. Wow, I really appreciate that you make posts for all ages! ⁣ I will share this with my mom, who is the same age and has a similar lifestyle as the woman asking the question. While I featured the classic Ray-Ban Wayfarer in the collage, other styles are equally chic; I chose a few that caught my eye and have them in the widget above. Xoxo .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Having the 'how to' tools rather than the full on prescriptive is so much better for each individual. I’m sure that most of you will agree that you cannot have too many accessories! ⁠⠀⁣ Glad you liked the post, I’ll admit it was inspired by my mom’s wardrobe, and she too is an apple and owns similar pieces to everything featured! A good capsule wardrobe will save you money, time, and closet space, and make getting dressed a breeze! Am working on a capsule minimalist wardrobe. .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Here are the essentials for your over 60s fashion wardrobe. .⁠⠀⁣ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Truth be told, I work my best when comfy. If I do my hair it ends up bugging me so I put in a ponytail, When it comes to your wardrobe, there are a few hard and fast rules to follow. Stop being afraid that you’re not talking to the right audience or the right person. You may be the opposite and your ideal capsule might have three skirts instead of trousers plus several dresses. Top it all off with a pair of flats and you’re ready to go. Would you want to know how?