The PS3 was not as ahead of the curve as the PS2 was, it did incorporate some great features. All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. Even hardcore search and destroy. Answered All rights reserved.All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Does it worth in 3/16/2020 to download this game or keep my GB ???? Facebook, Twitter, PSN or SingStar community), You will not be able to track and record high scores online, You will not be able to complete online challenges. 162 votes, 95 comments. That's cool to see this game is not dead. is this only true if you have dlc maps? You can still play the above titles offline, with the exception of EyeToy Chat, Twisted Metal: Black Online, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops, MAG and SOCOM: Confrontation, which do not have offline modes. Is GTAV still working online? Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you'll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K! History might remember it for just barely losing out to the Xbox 360, but the fact was that it was so close between the 2 that picking either didn’t mean you had lost. Adding you, though I'm just starting out online (using GTA IV/EFLC). Many games actually, just don't take it too far and try Far Cry 2, Uncharted 2 or Call of Duty 3. I've gone back to black ops 1 and it's still bumping.. However you can still do the co-op character then. 105k members in the PS3 community. Gravity Rush 2 It was quite a sophisticated piece of equipment. I have missed many gems. Press J to jump to the feed. I didn't like Battlelog being forced on PC players. High Velocity Bowling Killzone Liberation The PlayStation 3 Subreddit (PS3, PlayStation3, Sony PlayStation 3). Just no Dead Space Online (what a joke it was anyway lmao) to play. The PlayStation 3 Subreddit (PS3, PlayStation3, Sony PlayStation 3). M_A_R_I_O_Bros - 10 years ago. I knew PS3 online was free in the past but I figured Sony would start charging eventually. There are so many games I want but Gran Turismo 6 is taking up most of my time. User Info: ... Of course Ps4 online. Answered: Most PS3 online servers are shut down, but is there a way to get online-exclusive trophies? I also remember a set of mod tools called Venice Unleashed being made a few years ago. The PlayStation 3 did have some great games. SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 Super Stardust Portable MLB 12 The Show Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters After 11 years and 3 model redesigns, Sony has finally decided that the PS3 has seen its day. My Street Added you today on my ps3. As if I have discovered some hidden corner of the universe. MotorStorm Apocalypse In its 11 year lifespan, the PlayStation 3 has sold an estimated 85 million units. LittleBigPlanet Karting  Sometimes, BF4 still crashes on my PC ... Battlelog sucks. Syphon Filter Omega Strain A colossal success. EyePet WipEout HD Fury Before that game had an in-game server browser, I had to use Battlelog to launch a match, but Punkbuster kept giving me error after error. THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault I had a PS3 anyways, so I stuck with that rather than go into PC gaming, until many years later. LittleBigPlanet But also prepare yourself for a PS4 or PC if you want to continue playing (if you fall in love with the game anyway). This is Football 2005 adding you bro hope you are still active and hope we play the same games :). Battlelog was annoying at first, but at this point anybody who still thinks it's a big issue is being overdramatic. Any of the new sports games, Madden16, NBA 2k16, FIFA. There are a few DLC servers running throughout the daytime (mostly EU or RU) but at night it's just vanilla servers (speaking from USA EST). However, the games have significant amounts of online gameplay, so from 31st March 2020, functionality will be affected in the following ways: PlayStation will cease selling DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR, DRIVECLUB Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from 31st August 2019, at 23:59 BST. Grand Theft Auto 5 sold over 20,000,000 units and its swan song title ‘The Last of Us’ was a masterpiece. At least for me that breaks mouse input. Its so much fun, especially with good boosting groups who also enjoy the games. Sports Champions 2  r/MECoOp is still pretty active and you can find some good pickup games there. Punkbuster gave me a lot of trouble with BF4. This figure is significantly lower than the Xbox 360’s infamous rings of death, but playing devil’s advocate, Sony’s figures were not significantly better enough to make a big point of it. MAG  Yes the playstation network is still running on all Playstation supported platforms, however the free games that come with your Playstation Plus subscription on PS3 has stopped. I really wish DICE gave us an option between an in-game browser and Battlelog ... but then again, judging by BFV, DICE has always tried to avoid giving us options in several ways. Buy it. The best game modes to play in 2020 are: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Search and Destroy (sometimes), and Kill Confirmed. More info. Sony has announced that the PS3 is officially ending production. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Can a modern version of Chrome or Firefox (hell, even Microsoft Edge of all things) be used for Battlelog without tinkering around too much, or will I have to use some outdated browser? There were hackers but I still managed to get matches especially tdm. Calling All Cars All online functionality, network features, and digital music downloads will be immediately disabled. Many have reported that it doesn't work for them in Chrome of Firefox, but I never had any big issues with it. I do not have an ethernet cable but I have a Wireless Router inside my house. I was thoroughly surprised when I hopped on Demon's Souls a few months ago, and was invaded multiple times by the time I got to the Spider Demon. Sheikhsaif6333. I loved BF3 ... BF4 was a completely different story ... First of all Yes, go ahead and buy it! Sound Shapes PAIN If anyone is interested my name is Our_Family19 would just like to see people online and maybe if we have the same game play online together too as just got my ps3. It would appear that the Xbox 360 might just pip the PS3 to the post in regards to unit figures, the PS3 was still considered by many to be the superior console. : Quiz-World What games are still alive and well? The Eye of Judgment  Drawn to Death Once that was done, then, I would launch Battlelog and successfully start matches. BigFest Black Op 1 and 2 are still very active. Finding active multiplayer modes for games that are more than possibly 8-12 years gives me a very special feeling. Sony themselves reported a 0.5% failure rate in the PS3 Slim models. Don't ask me how. But, i should say, i bought the game, played 100H and got banned literally for nothing. You will be unable to play DARK ECLIPSE, or spend any Dark Coins (DC) which you have previously purchased from 15th June 2020. But like VincentVega said, future expansions won't be on the PS3 anymore. White Knight Chronicles: Origins  Twisted Metal  I am really thankful to the companies who have still not shut down their servers. Resistance 3 Yeah, if you can handle the slow running bullshit. Still, the game is 100 percent worth it.p.s. You will not be able to play DARK ECLIPSE for PS VR in single player or matchmaking modes. Hey,I heared that the ps3 online playing online will be like the xbox 360,must pay to play. A retrospective will probably adjudge both consoles to be as good as each other but in different ways. I also remember that a lot of Battlelog's functionality caused problems when popular browsers like Chrome stopped supporting them. White Knight Chronicles II, Amplitude As of 31st January, 2020, 23.59GMT, the SingStore servers will be shut down. I still want to pickthst game up. Also, RE Revelations 2 Episode 1 is free! Think he means invite only, but not 100% sure. I'm just getting into the PS3 and the games are so cheap. I didn't know about that BF3 had mouse input issues. Answered: Is online for PS3 free and if do get online when I be pestered with ads and end up getting stuff sent and charged to me? As you have to be online to play this title, this game will not be playable from that date. I don't have the cash to put down on a PS4, or PS Plus, but still wish to play games online. It also allows for 60Hz server functionality, which is almost necessary for multiplayer games nowadays. F1 '04 You're right about the netcode issues, but that's pretty much the only thing the game doesn't do perfectly. From 15th June 2020 online functionality will be affected in the following ways: As of 31st January, 2020, 23.59GMT, the SingStore servers will be shut down. Buzz! It’s hard to mention this categorically without referring to the colossal data hack that affected PS3 users. Without any maps, you can find TDM or sometimes domination. Gran Turismo 6  I launch it with Chrome and I don't have any problem with Battlelog. By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. Chrome is open when my PC is running anyway, so I prefer it over an ingame interface. This is Football 2004 Whilst it may not have achieved as much as it’s predecessors, it was still a great solid console. I guess I'll have to see. Discuss BF3 and share content with the community. After some searching, I managed to use a simple but silly trick: I would start the installation for Punkbuster, but not continue past the first step. Still, the gameplay is incredibly solid, even to this day. Whilst by modern standards the specifications of it are woefully poor (only 256mb of ram). Just to be clear, you will still be able to play online with the PS3 after the PS4 comes out. We would like to thank everyone who has taken part in these PlayStation online communities and hope you have enjoyed them. We are not going to re-ignite the console wars here.