1. I never would have thought of adding an LED strip to the bottom of a bed otherwise, … From cellphones to TVs to computer screens, LED lights allow us to see the apples of our eyes — technology. Hack Your LED Strip With a Motion Sensor and Timer: I find that the measure of a good Instructable is the ideas that it inspires, which is why I enjoyed Liam.great98's Instructable titled "Give Your Bed Underglow!" Sleep Aid Red LED Night Light Plugin. But there is a scientific proof that luminescence, especially the variety from LED lights that provide cool white and blue illumination, and that is very commonly used as home lighting, solar security lights, and is even found in our smart devices, can be very harmful to our sleep. It’s no wonder. Sleeping with the lights on may be beneficial if you’re trying to take a quick nap during the day and don’t want to fall into a deep sleep. Switching to natural red color light in the evenings can help your body ease into its sleep cycle more naturally. (CNN) The blue light in LED lighting that is increasingly used in our homes can damage the eye's retina while disturbing our biological and sleep rhythms, a French health authority warned in … But here’s where Thomas Edison may be rolling over in his grave: LEDs produce short-wave, high-energy blue light, which has been linked to … Red LED Light Bulbs Are Best For Sleep . With this in mind, it's a good idea to turn off your LED lights at night so the transformer has time to cool down and avoid the risk of overheating. Dusk to Dawn Auto Sensor; Low Blue LED Promotes melatonin Production and Healthy Sleep; ON-Off-Auto Toggle; 2-Pack; With this nightlight you can set it and forget it. All artificial light, including LEDs, fluorescent bulbs and incandescent bulbs, can interrupt normal sleep patterns.